This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colonel Everett

So, in the "Avalon I" In the Making feature thing, Joseph Mallozzi says that Ben Browder was originally considered for the role of Colonel Everett, which I thought was weird. Obviously, a lot of us are happy that Browder ended up as Mitchell in SG-1, but how do you think it would've played out if he'd been cast as Everett? Personally, I'm glad he didn't get the part because, frankly, Everett was a bit of a jerk and I don't know how effective that level of gruffness would've been coming from our buddy Crichton's mouth.
    Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
    Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
    Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
    Jack: ... They're lying.

Yeah BB seems good so far and I never liked Everett but if BB had been Everett maybe they would have written him differently
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

I never liked Everett either.

I never watched Farscape, so all I can say about BB being considered for the role is that he looks too young. He doesn't have the hardened look that a character like Everett needs.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Im gad he were't everett BB is to cool to be him.
        i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

BB is too young to play Everett. I want to like Mitchell and ended up hating Everett (but ultimately feeling sorry for him). Plus, Everett was supposed to have known Col. Sumner for a good amount of time, giving me the impression the two had served together on the same level. They needed someone Sumner's age to make it work.

Comment

Yeah, the age thing is another part that wouldn't have worked with Browder as Everett. I didn't like Everett much myself. He was way too over the top.
            Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
            Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
            Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
            Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

I thought the actor portraying Everett was great... I really liked the character of Everett. As Sheppard said in the beginning of Seige II, he had to come in and establish a clear chain of command. Remember the note from General O'Neill?

The fact that Colonel Everett grew to respect Weir and her leadership abilities reflects greatly on his character.

But I am glad things worked out the way it did. I am enjoying Browder as Mitchell... especially as the '302 pilot in Lost City.

Ace
              "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Working...
              X