Rodney McKay/Carson Beckett Slash/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major J. Traylor
    Ugh! Six hours left till Duet. I'm getting ancy. You whats probably going to be the worst thing is that I can't really say anything. Gah! When do you guys get to see it?
    Hmm, I can't answer that question as I will incriminate myself. But I can't wait either though I am only mildly excited because I have no idea how far they will go with the characters inter action.

I am hoping they don't cope out in the next few eps by never refering to it again, or just making it all some big joke! We will just have to see. *Hurry up*

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
      Hmm, I can't answer that question as I will incriminate myself. But I can't wait either though I am only mildly excited because I have no idea how far they will go with the characters inter action.

I am hoping they don't cope out in the next few eps by never refering to it again, or just making it all some big joke! We will just have to see. *Hurry up*
      Well, I don't want to reveal to much and give it all away, but what I can say is that they go pretty... far. No more on that though, for fear I might give away something, though I am bursting to just shout it out and get in trouble for spoiling! Don't worry, I won't though.

What I can say is that there are a lot of scenes with Rodney and Carson, and that I think all of you guys will really like it! I certainly did! Have fun... Hehe...

Old extras never die, they reappear in the next season.
      --Major J. Traylor--

Comment

Well, I don't want to reveal to much and give it all away, but what I can say is that they go pretty... far. No more on that though, for fear I might give away something, though I am bursting to just shout it out and get in trouble for spoiling! Don't worry, I won't though.

What I can say is that there are a lot of scenes with Rodney and Carson, and that I think all of you guys will really like it! I certainly did! Have fun... Hehe...
        You tease! I thought yes they would have plenty of scenes together in this one which is one of the many reasons I can't wait! They obviously love working together (David/Paul) so I think that will show through.

Comment

Yay!! A Beckett/McKay thread! I'm a big fan of this pairing myself. I think that they play off each other nicely. Even if the writers don't eventually make these two a couple, they have the potential to become the best of friends.

Lovely sig made by NewTrekker
          Thank you SG1 for ten awesome seasons!

Comment

I would have to agree that Duet is a good Rodney/Carson episode! I sure hope there will be more!

And that's my two cents...
            My LiveJournal
            ^_^ ~ DANIquinn ~ ^_^

Comment

You tease! I thought yes they would have plenty of scenes together in this one which is one of the many reasons I can't wait! They obviously love working together (David/Paul) so I think that will show through.
              Aren't I though? Hehe...

Originally posted by kimaken
              I enjoyed the episode, but coming over to GW and reading the RAVES about the episode in the "Duet" thread are depressing. Seems the episode is all about McKay, McKay, McKay, and how great McKay is. Oh, and a mention or two about Zalenka. Not much mention about Beckett, either.

DH and PM may enjoy working together, but as long as the majority of fans continue clamoring loudly for the Rodney McKay Show, I don't expect these two will have all that many scenes together.
              Yes, I noticed that two. And you are right, it really is quite a shame. *Sigh* But even if they don't do another Rodney-Carson episode (which they better not or there will be some heads rolling!) we will always have Duet to look back too...

And welcome Desala!

--Major J. Traylor--

Comment

DH and PM may enjoy working together, but as long as the majority of fans continue clamoring loudly for the Rodney McKay Show, I don't expect these two will have all that many scenes together.
                I'll clamor for Beckett!!! He was great in this ep and A-dorable. I thought their scenes together were hilarious and even though I enjoyed the
                Spoiler:
                kiss I found it anti-climatic and really preferred the scene in Carson's lab when Cadman had McKay's body and asked him to tag along on the date. And when McKay patted Carson on the chest, saucily walked away, then turned with a "and-thanks!" OMG the look on Carson's face! Loved it!

And Carson in jeans...yum
                Remixed old sig...cause I wanted the pretty again!
                :.*.:My Live Journal:.*.:

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
                  I'll clamor for Beckett!!! He was great in this ep and A-dorable. I thought their scenes together were hilarious and even though I enjoyed the
                  Spoiler:
                  kiss I found it anti-climatic and really preferred the scene in Carson's lab when Cadman had McKay's body and asked him to tag along on the date. And when McKay patted Carson on the chest, saucily walked away, then turned with a "and-thanks!" OMG the look on Carson's face! Loved it!

And Carson in jeans...yum
                  Haha, that was a great scene, and I'm inclined to agree. Though I still really loved
                  Spoiler:
                  the kiss, the way Cadman grabbed him, and the look on his face! Priceless there too!

--Major J. Traylor--

Comment

OMG! *passes out from McBeck excitement* that whole episode totally made my day! I've had a pretty bad weekend, but everytime I think back on it I can't help but smile and laugh! highlight below for spoiler
                    When Rodney walked in all like girly with his shirt all unzipped and is like whatcha doin? All inocent-like. I about died laughing. Ugh! McBeck is my all time fav. ship! LoL!

Comment

Haha, that was a great scene, and I'm inclined to agree. Though I still really loved
                      Spoiler:
                      the kiss, the way Cadman grabbed him, and the look on his face! Priceless there too!
                      It is hard to do this all in spoilers. OK in my mind for McBeck, haha, it was "Six seconds of bliss".

Spoiler:
                      It was Rodney, he was only pretending to be Cadman, now I know that some here don't like the slash talk but I think we need to see that this kiss was one sided from "Rodney" to Carson and I think that after this Carson starts to have feelings. Oh forget the touch of Cadman's hand that was nothing.

Comment

I enjoyed the episode, but coming over to GW and reading the RAVES about the episode in the "Duet" thread are depressing. Seems the episode is all about McKay, McKay, McKay, and how great McKay is. Oh, and a mention or two about Zalenka. Not much mention about Beckett, either.

I hate "mostly" double posting but I couldn't let this go by without a comment or four. Or just a plain old rant.

No prizes for guess I love the McKay character but I think and I also know that he as a character would be nothing without the other characters around him. I love the inter-action with Shepp, Weir and of course and especially Carson. Infact McKay is all the better for them.

I for one do not want it to be the Rodney McKay show! Would I like lots of McKay? Yes! But ask the Shepp fans they will say the same thing about him.

All shows have central charactrs some more central than others, I think you may be wrong with the Carson/Rodney scenes I think for the very reason they work well together is the reason to put them together unless TPTB are going in a totally different direction to every other show on T.V That is why IMO they have Shepp/McKay so often they work well together, not just because the fans want it.

OK it was a rant.

Comment

It is hard to do this all in spoilers. OK in my mind for McBeck, haha, it was "Six seconds of bliss".
                          Spoiler:
                          It was Rodney, he was only pretending to be Cadman, now I know that some here don't like the slash talk but I think we need to see that this kiss was one sided from "Rodney" to Carson and I think that after this Carson starts to have feelings. Oh forget the touch of Cadman's hand that was nothing.
                          Spoiler
                          Spoiler:
                          OR as Cadman might have found out a bit about Rodney she was just giving him a small gift. Knowing about his crush. Knowing that he wouldn't be able to do this after she left.

That said. LOVED the episodes. With seeing both Beckett and Zelenka so much onscreen and Carson with Rodney those two are just so great together.

Comment

Well, "Duet" was definitely a nice shipper episode, no matter if friendship or relationship! Great McBeck moments, especially in the infirmary!
                            I'm not posting a pic of
                            Spoiler:
                            the kiss
                            but rather a pic of the
                            Spoiler:
                            visit Rodney pays Carson at night. Of course it's Cadman who's in control then, but we can pretend or imagine it's Rodney, or, as you said, maybe it's a gift from Cadman to Rodney!

I'll just post the URL since it may be a bit spoilerish, but I thought we need a new McBeck pic here!

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...yandCarson.jpg

Bye, A.
                            ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                            ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Ohh! I love it! McBeck pics are the best! Poor Carson looks very confused and a bit worried for Rodney lol. I went and found a bunch of pics of Spoiler (highlight below to read)
                              The kiss which I just love! I'd post a couple of them up here, but I'm not sure if that would be too much of a spoiler or not. Hopefully we'll eventually be able to actually post stuff in here without having to spoiler everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Phex
                                Spoiler
                                Spoiler:
                                OR as Cadman might have found out a bit about Rodney she was just giving him a small gift. Knowing about his crush. Knowing that he wouldn't be able to do this after she left.

That said. LOVED the episodes. With seeing both Beckett and Zelenka so much onscreen and Carson with Rodney those two are just so great together.
                                ]Spoiler
                                Spoiler:
                                Oh of course it was a 'gift' from Cadman, the hand squeeze was simply Carson's way of telling Cadman "thank you" for helping Rodney right along. That's exactly what it was.

And I agree Cheveron7Locked, it is such a shame that we can't post any pictures or anything without doing spoilers... Well, I'm sure we can just post pictures of them together, just nothing to revealing.

--Major J. Traylor--

Comment

Working...
                                X