Rodney McKay/Carson Beckett Slash/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have I accomplished the impossible and double posted! *gaspshock*

Old extras never die, they reappear in the next season.
    --Major J. Traylor--

Comment

Originally posted by Illinga
      Oooh, this friday evening? Ok, that will be around saturday morning then, so when I get online saturday afternoon/evening I can start looking.

To change the subject, does anybody have any recs for McKay and/or Beckett fanvids? I've been looking around and found a few but am always looking for more. I'm a fanvid junkie! Probably my favourites so far are a Beckett/McKay called 'Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps' and a McKay called 'F##K Off', both of which were made by someone called ElvenWolf. Both are really quite amusing.
      I will have to go look for those. And yes, I am all jumpy about this weeks episode. Lucky me gets to see 'Duet' this Friday! Yah! I will have to attempt to keep myself from saying anything on accident!

I'm not sure if you guys have seen the lowdown about the new Sci-fi Friday, but on it, they talked about the kiss. Yes The Kiss as DH.. Or PM, called it. They showed a scene of Beckett's face as Rodney's about to do it and wow. Funny as hell, my sister and I were laughing for a good few minutes. There is a picture up somewhere, but it only shows Beckett's face and Rodney's hand.

When my sis and I first saw it we tried guessing whose hand it was, We though, maybe Weir. But we didn't have any real clue until the lowdown and when we did... Oh priceless.

--Major J. Traylor--

Comment

Originally posted by Illinga
        Drwho'srose, yep I do know about 'Duet' and have high hopes for the episode. About the McShep, I refuse to give in! For some reason the paring just doesn't do a thing for me. But then when it comes to slash I tend to follow only one pairing for any given character. The only man who has more then one is Aragorn from Lord of the Rings. I like both Aragorn/Boromir (my OTP) and Aragorn/Legolas, but never the twain shall meet. What can I say? I like committed relationships, and McKay/Beckett occured to me first.
        Oh, so the slash it's self is fine just not McShepp! Well that's alright then.

As long as you have Beckett/McKay who needs Shepp? LOTR slash, well I never. I knew I had lead a sheltered life but really!

Comment

Major J. Traylor, yes, go look for them! They're great vids! I've found another McKay/Beckett vid, 'Crazy Little Thing Called Love' made by Chi. I was a little doubtful of Micheal Buble covering this song but it sounds great I think and works well in the vid.

I really want to see the Lowdown, or at least that bit of it. I actually found and downloaded the Paul/David/Kiss segment (it's 1:36 long, does that sound like the whole thing?) but the b****y thing won't play with sound, just the picture! I don't suppose anyone knows where I can find another copy? I just love the look on Carsons face in that little clip!

Drwho'srose, yep, the slash is good. You're shocked at LotR slash? Boy, that's the fandom that got me into it, and it's simply huge! If you ever want to venture over for a look I could recommend a few places to you. If you go looking on your own though be warned that there is quite a heavy RPS following for the actors as well in some places.

Kimaken, committed relationships often make for the best stories I think. Oh sure, short pieces of pr0n can be lovely I admit, but they can often start to blend together without more of a plot around them. I've a real soft spot for 'first time' fics and stories where the characters are still sorting the whole thing out and settling into their new relationship. It's probably because the characters have to be well developed in these types of fics to really pull it off, or so I think at least. Actually, my secret passion is for parody and humour fics as I can only handle so much angst before overloading.

Oh, and I think a three-way friendship sounds lovely, just as long as John doesn't try to convince Rodney and Carson that three really isn't such a crowd after all.

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
          --Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
            As long as you have Beckett/McKay who needs Shepp?
            I like quite a lot of the McShep slash fics, but I really think McBeck is something special!
            And the McBeck friendship is most definitely great stuff, because you can speculate if they knew each other before Atlantis or not, and since McKay isn't someone who makes friends easily or openly, there is so much room for interesting fanfics!

Hehe, Friday's drawing near! Pics! I want pics!

Oh, and I posted on the CB/PM thunk thread that the official labcoat love association has been founded! Since McKay and Beckett are "brothers in labcoats" I thought I could post the pic I made for that occasion on this thread, too:

Bye, A.
            ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
            ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by kimaken
              Great pic of the boys in labcoats! Amazing how much slimmer Beckett looks when he's not in that awful tan/yellow zip up jacket!
              I am inclined to agree. The whole Atlantis uniform works good on some of the expedition... But not many, and certainly not Beckett. I definately prefer the labcoat. I must say, there's just something about that white labcoat... *sighs*

--Major J. Traylor--

Comment

Originally posted by Major J. Traylor
                I definately prefer the labcoat. I must say, there's just something about that white labcoat... *sighs*
                Hehe, the propaganda works!
                Wanna join and take on a position in the LLA?

And I agree with the uniform thing. The beige jacket isn't my favorite piece of clothing for Carson. But I love the white shirt! And I liked the beige uniform on McKay, but I LOVE the anthracite one on him.
                Ah, "Duet" is drawing near! Both of them
                Spoiler:
                off-world and in the dark uniform!
                I'm looking forward to new pics!

Bye, A.
                ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
                ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
                  Hehe, Friday's drawing near! Pics! I want pics!

Oh, and I posted on the CB/PM thunk thread that the official labcoat love association has been founded! Since McKay and Beckett are "brothers in labcoats" I thought I could post the pic I made for that occasion on this thread, too:

Bye, A.
                  OMG! I love it, haha, you have got it bad! Ambassador! Promotion. Yea!

I can hardly contain my self for "Duet" now, I so hope it lives up to, well, our hype! *happy, happy, joy, joy*

Comment

Oh, I forgot, the reason Rodney has that look on his face in my sig, is because he has Carson in the T.A.R.D.I.S sssh! Don't tell anyone.

Comment

One thing that disappoints me about this season is that the spoilers don't mention Beckett, except in a few eps. For example, the episode "Trinity"--it doesn't sound like Beckett appears at all, so I'm not sure I ll be all that keen to watch it (sorry, McKay fans! I know it's a Rodney ep, but I'm not as gung-ho about him as you are!). Still, so far Beckett has fared well in his scenes, which is a very definite plus!

Comment

I love the whole Beckett/McKay friendship thing and their funny moments together. I love the pic you posted of the they guys in labcoats! They're great. For such two totally different personalities, Beckett and McKay get along well. I enjoy reading the Beckett/McKay slash stories too. There have been some goods posted around.

Comment

McBeck

I cant wait for Duet, I can barely sit still! Wheres that damn torrent?!

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                          Oh, I forgot, the reason Rodney has that look on his face in my sig, is because he has Carson in the T.A.R.D.I.S sssh! Don't tell anyone.
                          *sneaks into T.A.R.D.I.S* (Now he's got another reason to look so happy )

sigpic
                          Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                          Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                            McBeck

I cant wait for Duet, I can barely sit still! Wheres that damn torrent?!

*sneaks into T.A.R.D.I.S* (Now he's got another reason to look so happy )
                            Yes I just noticed get out! O.K you can stay but only until we get to Traken, then you have to go. Of course we will be takening the long way round.

Oh I saw "Runner" Carson was not whiney I don't know why people may have thought that I thought he was cautious and funny. Oh Rodney was um, well I have a little problem with the way Rodney was made to look a social idiot, which is basically how he was made to look IMO. No spoilers but he was not nearly as snarky as he could have been I do put some of this down to the company he was with for most of the ep but still not alltogether happy. And of course only one brief together scene.

But yea! Duet.
                            Last edited by Willow'sCat; 05 August 2005, 06:07 AM.

Comment

Just wanted to saw how much I love both Rodney and Carson!

And that's my two cents...
                              My LiveJournal
                              ^_^ ~ DANIquinn ~ ^_^

Comment

Ugh! Six hours left till Duet. I'm getting ancy. You whats probably going to be the worst thing is that I can't really say anything. Gah! When do you guys get to see it?

--Major J. Traylor--

Comment

Working...
                                X