No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/Carson Beckett Slash/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since I'm always thinking burgers when I hear McBeck (or McShep) I simply couldn't resist and made this:

Bye, A.
    ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
    ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
      Since I'm always thinking burgers when I hear McBeck (or McShep) I simply couldn't resist and made this:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...iar/McBeck.jpg
      Arlessiar, that is just plain wrong!
      I am a vegetarian, even for them I could never go there. Now if it was a veggie burger, mmm, hang on, wrong thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
        Arlessiar, that is just plain wrong!
        I am a vegetarian, even for them I could never go there. Now if it was a veggie burger, mmm, hang on, wrong thread.
        I'm sooo sorry, but it was hard enough to find a good normal burger pic! Just pic out the parts you like! Tomato, lettuce leaf, the boys...

Bye, A.

Comment

I'm sooo sorry, but it was hard enough to find a good normal burger pic! Just pic out the parts you like! Tomato, lettuce leaf, the boys...

Bye, A.
          Haha.

Now I want to go back on topic please.

I was wondering about how they met, it was the Antarctic base right? Is there any reference to this? Was Beckett aware of the Stargate programme before he went to the Antarctic base?

Thoughts? Anyone?

Comment

I was wondering about how they met, it was the Antarctic base right? Is there any reference to this? Was Beckett aware of the Stargate programme before he went to the Antarctic base?
            Thoughts? Anyone?
            I mentioned that a few days ago, because I was wondering about that, too. I've seen a few fanfics dealing with that, and they have all different theses.
            It isn't a secured fact that they met at Antarctica for the first time, but I think it's very likely. I can imagine they met there and got to know each other a little in the undefined time before "Rising". I mean, they do call each other by first name right from the beginning of the show!
            Rodney was involved in the stargate programme for quite some time, but I'm not sure about Beckett. Nothing was said about that until now, maybe we'll get to hear something about that on the show one day. I thought about it a lot. Martin Gero said that Beckett discovered the ATA gene, but not how and when. So, did he find it before, or was he in Antarctica for further and better research about it? Did he work with Mr-ATA-gene O'Neill before? Gero also said that Beckett is one of the world's best MDs, and it looks as if he also worked as a doc in Antarctica, just like he does on Atlantis. But what is his area of expertise? And how much time does he spend on research? Too many questions.
            And it is possible that they already met before Antarctica. Maybe at the SGC.

Bye, A.

Comment

Beckett: "Rodney, it was a great kiss........."
              McKay feels his cheeks slowly redden. "Aw, I'll bet you say that to all the girls."
              McKay suddenly looks stricken.

Just a little humor, it's Friday!
              On fighting:
              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Martin Gero said that Beckett discovered the ATA gene, but not how and when. So, did he find it before, or was he in Antarctica for further and better research about it? Did he work with Mr-ATA-gene O'Neill before? Gero also said that Beckett is one of the world's best MDs, and it looks as if he also worked as a doc in Antarctica, just like he does on Atlantis. But what is his area of expertise? And how much time does he spend on research? Too many questions.
                And it is possible that they already met before Antarctica. Maybe at the SGC.
                I wonder if they didn't meet up in Area 51 at first. Isn't there a genetic componant to the Asgard cloning problem? Maybe Carson was 'stationed' there to work on that... and happened to run into Rodney a few times while going to/from work. Hmm... then again, the timing of it all might be a little off. I don't think we found out about the Asgard problems until after Rodney was sent to Russia... so they wouldn't have met then, unless the PTB reassigned Rodney to the Area after Redemption. That would have given them.. what... almost a year or two to get to know each other before both of them getting shipped off to Antarctica?

Comment

Oooo... Looks like I get to be the first one to say anything about 'The Intruder.' Of course, a few of you might not have seen it yet... But anyways I love at the very end of 'The Intruder' :
                  Spoiler:

McKay: My nose is peeling! (Looks to Beckett) Do you have a moisturizer?
                  Beckett: Yes, Rodney.
                  McKAy: W-we should get that.
                  That is so great! The tone of Carson's voice is just absolutely priceless.

Old extras never die, they reappear in the next season.
                  --Major J. Traylor--

Comment

Originally posted by Major J. Traylor
                    Oooo... Looks like I get to be the first one to say anything about 'The Intruder.' Of course, a few of you might not have seen it yet... But anyways I love at the very end of 'The Intruder' :
                    Spoiler:

They were like an old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by Major J. Traylor
                      Spoiler:

Haha, no, really? I have not idea what the context is but that's priceless.

Originally posted by SGLAB
                      I think they are an old married couple but who wears the pants.

Comment

Originally posted by strivaria
                        I wonder if they didn't meet up in Area 51 at first. Isn't there a genetic componant to the Asgard cloning problem? Maybe Carson was 'stationed' there to work on that... and happened to run into Rodney a few times while going to/from work.
                        Never even thought about that, my SG-1 knowledge is weak despite the fact that I have watch nearly every episode.

I think maybe they were both at Area51 but maybe not at the same time or Rodney left while Beckett stayed because you would think working on/with Alien DNA that Beckett would have to be at Area 51(?).

I remember Rodney being ordered to Russia he was not very happy about that. I am guessing then, that they met at Area51, then went their seperate ways (Rodney to Russia) until meeting back up on the Antartica Base. I think that would work.

Comment

Time for another cap!
                          "Zip guys know what they want!"

Bye, A.

Comment

Originally posted by SGLAB
                            O yes, very much so. I couldn't stop laughing after I heard the two of them.

Haha, no, really? I have not idea what the context is but that's priceless.

I think they are an old married couple but who wears the pants.
                            O, good question. *ponders* Well, I think it could go either way, but judging from that scene I would say that Carson wears the pants.

Old extras never die, they reappear in the next season.
                            --Major J. Traylor--

Comment

Originally posted by Major J Traylor
                              O, good question. *ponders* Well, I think it could go either way, but judging from that scene I would say that Carson wears the pants.
                              Hmm, yes if we enter into stereotypes, Rodney is a big girls blouse. If you know what that means..

Time for another cap!
                              "Zip guys know what they want!"

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...nandRodney.jpg
                              Bye, A.
                              Haha, love that picture. lol Looks more like it belongs with the "Old Married Couple" bit.

Comment

Hello! I'm a newbie here and this is my very first post! Perfect thread for it don't you think?

I must admit that I loved Rodney right from the first episode. I think his snarkastic comments and general geeky attitude and ramblings are just perfect! Actually, the first thing I thought of was that he reminded me a bit of the Doctor from Star Trek: Voyager, one of my all time favourite ST characters. Am I the only one?

Anyway, I'm a big fan of both Rodney and Carson and am very much hoping that they'll have more screen time together in the future. While I am certainly a slasher at heart I love these two just as friends as well as maybe a little something more. I've been reading a bit of fanfic about them this past week but it's all been either friendship or just a little slashy. Well, except for that one that took place in the shower when.... Um. Yes. Enough of that one I think!

Over here in Australia we're still watching season one, so I hope that somebody will be able to put up a short clip or something from a certain little scene from 'Duet'. I'm sure you all know which one I mean. I don't think I'll be able to wait until it reaches here otherwise! In the meanwhile I think I'd better go wander over to the McKay thunk thread. It too sounds like my kind of place.

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
                                --Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                                X