No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jason Momoa Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm loving Sheppard and Ronon. Carson and Ronon is good too.

I like your current sig banner too. Mrscopterdoc did a great job. Sheppard's hair has a party every day.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
      You did! Lovely, lovely sig!!!

(the one Dell is currently using!)
      Thanks! But I think she just changed it......

Originally posted by Dellruby View Post

hello Copter, how are you?
      I am good! How are you? *hugs*

Originally posted by The Lady Blue View Post
      I like your current sig banner too. Mrscopterdoc did a great job. Sheppard's hair has a party every day.
      Just call me Copter and I didn't do the hair party one. I have done lots and lots of Sheppy sigs though... Look here. They are all thumbnails but if you click you can see them bigger and they are all available for use if you would like.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
        Just call me Copter and I didn't do the hair party one. I have done lots and lots of Sheppy sigs though... Look here. They are all thumbnails but if you click you can see them bigger and they are all available for use if you would like.
        Sorry for the confusion there. Thank you so much for the link! Your web page is just AMAZING! Blew me away, and I do believe I'll try one of your banners for a little while. I think I picked the S&R one. Very nice, as are all the rest. I'm just happy right now. Thank you.

And a little bit of Jason from Bullet to the Head.

sigpic

Comment

Testing... I just want to see if my signature shows up now. Nope. I'll try again...

sigpic

Comment

Let's see now. It seems like it might work. Yeah!

sigpic

Comment

I'm loving Sheppard and Ronon. Carson and Ronon is good too.

Opps sorry, got a new one made and sent to me, FG made this party hair one

Thanks! But I think she just changed it......

I am good! How are you? *hugs*

You're onto it Copter! *hugs back*
              Must go for a little look see
              Let's see now. It seems like it might work. Yeah!
              Very nice!
              sigpic

Comment

I see a TARDIS in here!

That is an amazing collection you have there!
                sigpic

Comment

Sorry for the confusion there. Thank you so much for the link! Your web page is just AMAZING! Blew me away, and I do believe I'll try one of your banners for a little while. I think I picked the S&R one. Very nice, as are all the rest. I'm just happy right now. Thank you.
                  Thank you! and you are welcome. I am glad they are seeing the light of day again. It has been a long time since I did any art.....I should try to get back into it.....*starts thinking*

Originally posted by Dellruby View Post
                  I see a TARDIS in here!

That is an amazing collection you have there!
                  Thank you very much. and that isn't even all of them I have more Sheppy, and then I have all my Dean stuff....
                  sigpic

Comment

just throwing out an idea........a long time ago a few threads on here [john sheppard whump, the doc and wildman and the john sheppard thunk threads] used to do art challenges. We made sigs, icons, wallies and sometimes fan fic. At Christmas we would do a secret santa as well. There is some small talk about maybe starting them back up again. I was wondering if anyone might be interested?
                    sigpic

Comment

Well I already answered you, but if it helps get others involved , I'm up for it!

Ronon , don't hide in the background!
                      sigpic

Comment

Hello Everyone!

I have been asking around and there seems to be some interest in starting art challenges again. The Doc thread and the Sheppy Whump thread used to do art challenges and they were A LOT of fun. RL has a bad habit of getting in the way and taking away people’s time that they could be spending on GW, and so they sort of died down. I want to get them going again, and want to invite other threads to participate. The more the merrier!

I am going to start by listing the very first challenge today. It will run until Monday September 2nd. I want to give plenty of notice, and plenty of time for rusty people [like myself] to dust off their art skills and see if they still even work. Thereafter, challenges will be posted every Monday around Noon CST, which is about 6PM GMT. That gives everyone the entire week and weekend to work on their art. I will post the previous challenge and any entries, and then post the new challenge of the week. Since there are possibly 6 different threads participating, they will be broad and generic, but each thread of course tailors it to their specific charactor.

If you are a little rusty [I know I am] and want to refresh yourself on Gimp, or if you are new to Gimp and want to learn and try out these challenges, check out these tutorials.

I have also created a new Clubhouse. On the main page, the current challenge will always be posted so you have a quick reference point instead of having to look back up through the thread. The link will always be in my sig. Previous challenges will then be archived so again there is an easy location to go and look up stuff without having to scroll back through pages and pages of this thread. We can look at linking everyone’s artwork and fan fic like we did before, if anyone is interested. Check out the new clubhouse here.

For now, I will be the main point of contact for posting, collecting and running the challenges. If you have any ideas, PLEASE PM me! And if you think you are able to help me with ideas, collecting or posting, please let me know that as well.

So……………….drum roll please!!

Challenge #1

Artwork: Make a sig and matching avi/icon of your fave thunk, from any show or movie. This is not limited to just SG1/SGA. Easy Peasy right? Remember GW size limits are 700 by 180 pixels or 102.5 KB for sigs and 100x100 or 120x120 for avis/icons.

We are taking it easy this time, so to ease back into artwork and challenges. If you would like an extra challenge…….make another set all in black and white, no color!
                        Again, we are going slow for this first challenge.

If you are more interested in fan fic, or like both, there is a writing challenge as well. Write a drabble, no less than 100 words. If you are feeling spiffy, make it 300, or even 500 words. No more than 500 or else it becomes a story. We just want a drabble this time. Go slow, ease back into it. Topic is artist choice. Have fun!!!

PM me your entries no later than Sunday September 1st at 6 PM CST / 12AM GMT.

Let me know if there are any questions, concerns or thoughts!
                        Last edited by mrscopterdoc; 26 August 2013, 11:28 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

You'll have to deal with a bunch of Richard Armitage art, be warned....
                          sigpic
                          Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                          Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

You'll have to deal with a bunch of Richard Armitage art, be warned....
                            Bring it! Most of mine will be Dean Winchester, so it's okay
                            sigpic

Comment

Bring it! Most of mine will be Dean Winchester, so it's okay
                              OMG! I started with a thunk banner and ended up with a shippy one...I seldom make shippy art.

Scratch that and start again.
                              sigpic
                              Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                              Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

OMG! I started with a thunk banner and ended up with a shippy one...I seldom make shippy art.

Scratch that and start again.
                                shippy?? ick!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X