Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Lady Blue View Post
    ^Very true.

YES! It's like he has that down to a science. And then when words are added, it's even better. He really took Ronon and Khal Drogo, two characters that don't say a whole lot, and gave you some insights into how they work just by how he presented them.
    exactly!

That's what I thought as well. He would have done well playing the part, but then I don't know how the other guy read, so I can't say that he's a poor choice. He may do well, but it's too bad it wasn't Jason. Strong, silent, and with a heart of gold is never bad.
    Well, let's what kind of movie will come out and then we'll figure out how much of a loss it was or not to Jason. Some movies I just prefer my favourite actors pass.
    sigpic
    Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
    Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
      exactly!

Well, let's what kind of movie will come out and then we'll figure out how much of a loss it was or not to Jason. Some movies I just prefer my favourite actors pass.
      I agree. And now I'm not sure about the film now that it looks like they're giving Zoe Saldana a major role in it. Not to be mistaken, I like her in other films (Star Trek, Avatar, Colombiana), but I think she's hit her saturation point in this genre. I still want to see her in other movies, but not in more Sci-Fi/Fantasy genre films. Maybe it's just me, but if she's also in this I might pass. It would be just like if Christian Bale decided he didn't want to just be Batman, but he's got to be Spiderman, Superman, and Han Solo too.

I have a feeling Jason can and will move on to something that will work just as well for him or better.

sigpic

Comment

I agree. And now I'm not sure about the film now that it looks like they're giving Zoe Saldana a major role in it. Not to be mistaken, I like her in other films (Star Trek, Avatar, Colombiana), but I think she's hit her saturation point in this genre. I still want to see her in other movies, but not in more Sci-Fi/Fantasy genre films. Maybe it's just me, but if she's also in this I might pass. It would be just like if Christian Bale decided he didn't want to just be Batman, but he's got to be Spiderman, Superman, and Han Solo too.
        What a concept! But I know what you mean. I don't know if it's the actors fault, or the industry but sometimes it seems they're repeating themselves. To be fair, many actually work in indie films we all don't get to watch.

I remember someone mentioning quite recently in the internet that we didn't get to watch Viggo Mortensen anymore. I was...what do you mean? He has been in dozens of good films after LOTR. They weren't blockbusters, that was all.

I have a feeling Jason can and will move on to something that will work just as well for him or better.
        I hope so.
        sigpic

Comment

What a concept! But I know what you mean. I don't know if it's the actors fault, or the industry but sometimes it seems they're repeating themselves. To be fair, many actually work in indie films we all don't get to watch.

I remember someone mentioning quite recently in the internet that we didn't get to watch Viggo Mortensen anymore. I was...what do you mean? He has been in dozens of good films after LOTR. They weren't blockbusters, that was all.

I hope so.
          Good points. The only non-blockbuster movies I've heard of Zoe being in is an upcoming Nina Simone biopic, which she's already caught some flack for, and a movie she did with her current boyfriend. Can't think of his name right now, but he was in the Hangover movies. Other than that, I think she's been doing the big stuff, and maybe that's the issue.

I think Viggo is great, now that you mention him. He's got really good versatility, which isn't common in the way that he's versatile. I've got to go look up some of the films he's done because, to be honest, I haven't seen him in much of anything since LOTR, but that's my fault. Any suggestions?

sigpic

Comment

Good points. The only non-blockbuster movies I've heard of Zoe being in is an upcoming Nina Simone biopic, which she's already caught some flack for, and a movie she did with her current boyfriend. Can't think of his name right now, but he was in the Hangover movies. Other than that, I think she's been doing the big stuff, and maybe that's the issue.

I think Viggo is great, now that you mention him. He's got really good versatility, which isn't common in the way that he's versatile. I've got to go look up some of the films he's done because, to be honest, I haven't seen him in much of anything since LOTR, but that's my fault. Any suggestions?
            Well, a lot of what he has done is not for weak stomachs but I'd go with an History of Violence ( yes, very violent, in many ways!!!) and Eastern Promises. I haven'te watched yet THE Road but my dad did, and he like it (very depressive, I think...) and my sister loved Good.
            I know saying that films are violent ( some people like it) or depressing doesn't sound like a very enticing recommendation, but as I am not sure how old are the posters, I thought I should add a warning.
            None of these are easily watched but they are, however, perfectly worthy of your time.

These are the IMDb pages...

A History of Violence
            The Road
            Eastern Promises
            Good

How this ties to the the thread: This is what I hoped it would happen to Jason: good roles, complex story lines, etc. I have nothing against blockbusters, there are some that are my favourites but lately, most of them are a lot of SFx with no story, no characters and a lot of hype.
            I still think people tell the story: silly me.
            sigpic

Comment

I got a link, I hope this works for everyone, to the trailer of Road to Paloma, the trailer is not, however yet rated.

Road to Paloma Trailer

Thanks to Jason MoreMomoa in Facebook.
              sigpic

Comment

Well, a lot of what he has done is not for weak stomachs but I'd go with an History of Violence ( yes, very violent, in many ways!!!) and Eastern Promises. I haven'te watched yet THE Road but my dad did, and he like it (very depressive, I think...) and my sister loved Good.
                I know saying that films are violent ( some people like it) or depressing doesn't sound like a very enticing recommendation, but as I am not sure how old are the posters, I thought I should add a warning.
                None of these are easily watched but they are, however, perfectly worthy of your time.

These are the IMDb pages...

A History of Violence
                The Road
                Eastern Promises
                Good

How this ties to the the thread: This is what I hoped it would happen to Jason: good roles, complex story lines, etc. I have nothing against blockbusters, there are some that are my favourites but lately, most of them are a lot of SFx with no story, no characters and a lot of hype.
                I still think people tell the story: silly me.
                You're right about a lot of these films that are blockbusters. There's really no story and a bunch of subliminal messages. I think stories where the characters rule are the best as well. The Road and Eastern Promises both look like they'd be up my alley. I'll have to check them out. Thanks.

I do hope Jason gets the opportunity to really play a character that utilizes all of his skills and pushes his boundaries in acting. That would be great. I don't want him to fall into roles where he just plays "the muscle," which unfortunately is what happened some with SGA.

sigpic

Comment

I do hope Jason gets the opportunity to really play a character that utilizes all of his skills and pushes his boundaries in acting. That would be great. I don't want him to fall into roles where he just plays "the muscle," which unfortunately is what happened some with SGA.
                  That's what I hope for him as well. I'm sure he will do well. Aww, and spreading the word about Viggo is one of hobbies.
                  sigpic

Comment

Wow,just watched the trailer for Road to Paloma. That looks so cool. Has Jason started press work for it yet? The trailer was so beautifully filmed and the storyline looks rich and layered. Thanks for the link JW!! More Momoa shots please!! Woohoo!! }:O
                    sigpic

Comment

I didn't see it before I logged out last time I was here, but wow, that is a very nice trailer. I like that we get to see his wife in it too. They're so cute together.

Thanks JadedWraith.

sigpic

Comment

I didn't see it before I logged out last time I was here, but wow, that is a very nice trailer. I like that we get to see his wife in it too. They're so cute together.

Thanks JadedWraith.
                        I tried one before but the link wasn't working. The trailer is stunning, indeed. And you're right, they look amazing together.
                        sigpic

Comment

Wow, what a lovely surprise to find a link to the trailer for Road to Paloma. I didn't realize Lisa was in the film so it was a nice surprise to see her appear on screen. I am thinking we will all have some lovely Jason screen caps to drool over once this show airs!

Oh, and I second The Road as a great movie to watch!
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to mrscopterdoc for my Ronon sig

Comment

^Oh, I thought Road to Paloma was a short. I didn't know it's a series that's coming out. When does it come out, time and network?

Thanks for The Road suggestion. I'll watch that first, then.

sigpic

Comment

I got a link, I hope this works for everyone, to the trailer of Road to Paloma, the trailer is not, however yet rated.

Road to Paloma Trailer

Thanks to Jason MoreMomoa in Facebook.
                              You're all most welcome, our page is always up to date and gets new stuff within a few hours of it being put on the net?
                              Mirishka@moreMomoaRTP15(small for gw).jpg
                              sigpic

Comment

*kicks thread*

sigpic
                                Thank you to mrscopterdoc for my Ronon sig

Comment

Working...
                                X