Ronon Dex/Jason Momoa Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ziggy View Post
    Sorry, how do I do that? Should I just remove the picture all together?*confused*
    Don't worry about asking things - happy to help

When you post a pic, you know how you post with these tags (without the spaces): [ IMG ] [ /IMG ] ? When you quote a post with a pic in it, you'll see the tags again on the window you write a comment in. All you do is delete the IMG, /IMG and type URL, /URL in the square brackets It'll leave the link for anyone who wants to find the pic, but not eat bandwidth.

EDIT: because Neelan explains it better than me and I wrote HTML instead of URL in a fit of madness.

Comment

Originally posted by Kales View Post
      Don't worry about asking things - happy to help

Spoiler:
      When you post a pic, you know how you post with these tags (without the spaces): [ IMG ] [ /IMG ] ? When you quote a post with a pic in it, you'll see the tags again on the window you write a comment in. All you do is delete the IMG, /IMG and type URL, /URL in the square brackets It'll leave the link for anyone who wants to find the pic, but not eat bandwidth.

EDIT: because Neelan explains it better than me and I wrote HTML instead of URL in a fit of madness.
      Thanks, Kale!

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
        Thanks, Kale!
        No problem I live to entertain.

Comment

[QUOTE=Neelan_Liquor;7667310]No problem. In the text of your post, inside the
          part, the picture will show up as
          [IMG] http: // bogus web address here . jpg [/IMG] (without the spaces)
          and you just remove the IMG text and replace it with URL instead.
          Here, practice it with this image:
          I hope I understood you correctly and this is how it's suppose to look.
          To &

Comment

I hope I understood you correctly and this is how it's suppose to look.
            YEA!!!! *high fives Ziggy* That was perfect!!!
            Now we just gotta get you set up with a PhotoBucket account and some pretty Dex screen caps!
            What other threads are you visiting so far?

Comment

Ohh... one more tip. The signature. First off, BRAVO on already having one Secondly, you need to try to keep it below 700 megapixles wide OR 200 megapixels tall. Right now, with the addition of the Danny and Dex avatars, you're violating that one and it'll show up EVERYWHERE you post, so see if you can put the "To [DannyAvatar] & [DexAvatar]" NEXT to the hugs and kisses part (and use & instead of "and")... you should be okay then.

Comment

Is this a little better? Leave it to the newbie to start posting without reading the rules first. LOL Thanks for all the help. It's nice to know there are helpful and friendly people around.
                To &

Comment

Is this a little better? Leave it to the newbie to start posting without reading the rules first. LOL Thanks for all the help. It's nice to know there are helpful and friendly people around.
                  MUCH! And it still looks fabulous!
                  Of course the newbie makes the "newbie mistakes" That's why they're "newbie mistakes" *huge grin* Most of us didn't read the rules. There are too many.
                  And I see you have an image shack account, so I guess you won't be needing PhotoBucket
                  Don't worry. We'll keep you on the straight and narrow... unless there's a PG line nearby. Then we'll demolish it and lead you crooked and wide.

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
                    MUCH! And it still looks fabulous!
                    Of course the newbie makes the "newbie mistakes" That's why they're "newbie mistakes" *huge grin* Most of us didn't read the rules. There are too many.
                    And I see you have an image shack account, so I guess you won't be needing PhotoBucket
                    Don't worry. We'll keep you on the straight and narrow... unless there's a PG line nearby. Then we'll demolish it and lead you crooked and wide.

Thanks for understanding. Actually, I don't have a image shack account. I just use them from time to time. How can you tell I use image shack for my signature? Thought those things were private and I know they don't show up in the reply/quote?
                    To &

Comment

Thanks for understanding. Actually, I don't have a image shack account. I just use them from time to time. How can you tell I use image shack for my signature? Thought those things were private and I know they don't show up in the reply/quote?
                      Ah the magic of the "right click" If you "right click" on any image, you get an option for "properties" and you can see from the URL of the image where it's being hosted. I R Smart. Here. Right click on this:

You'll be able to see exactly where in my PhotoBucket account I have this one, because of the URL. When you see 'WolfCub', that's the name of my Dex clone. Almost all of his pix are in that subfolder.

Comment

Hi, Ziggy, and welcome!

I still remember vividly when I was new here, it took me forever to figure out all this stuff. But with a little help from your friends here you'll be thunking with the best of us in no time!!

Random Outcast caps, because I'm off to watch it again right now...

Spoiler:

sigpic
                        Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
                          Hi, Ziggy, and welcome!

I still remember vividly when I was new here, it took me forever to figure out all this stuff. But with a little help from your friends here you'll be thunking with the best of us in no time!!

Random Outcast caps, because I'm off to watch it again right now...

Spoiler:

*laughs* There was absolutely NOTHING random about that one!!! *points up*

Comment

D'oh! *slaps forehead* Yes, you are very smart and clearly I'm not as computer literate as I should be. Time for some computer classes I think. Hehehe!
                            To &

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
                              Hi, Ziggy, and welcome!

*waves enthusiasticly at starg8fans*

Thanks for the welcome
                              To &

Comment

D'oh! *slaps forehead* Yes, you are very smart and clearly I'm not as computer literate as I should be. Time for some computer classes I think. Hehehe!
                                Most of what I learned about image hosting and mouse usage over pictures was learned here. You'll do fine!
                                Last edited by Neelan_Liquor; 03 February 2008, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X