X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This one if for you Lida.

Comment

I i noticed something.

When the Wraith tried to suck the life out of Ronan, it did not work, then they destroyed his civilization.

Now in SG1 - Season 3 - Episode 7 - Deadman Switch.

There was a Bounty hunter that the Gauld could not over take, so they destroyd his civilization, is he and Ronan the same race so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by daventry
        I i noticed something.

When the Wraith tried to suck the life out of Ronan, it did not work, then they destroyed his civilization.

Now in SG1 - Season 3 - Episode 7 - Deadman Switch.

There was a Bounty hunter that the Gauld could not over take, so they destroyd his civilization, is he and Ronan the same race so to speak.
        Sorry, but not even close. They are in different galaxies....Aris Boch, the bounty hunter, was from the Milky Way, while Ronon Dex is from the Pegasus Galaxy. There is always the remote possiblity they have some related genes, matter of fact, as we are all humanoid, we all share most of our genes, however, I don't think whatever kept the Wraith from being able to feed off Dex had anything to do with the Goa'uld and Aris.

Interesting idea though!

Welcome to the thread!
        On fighting:
        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by greytop

This one if for you Lida.

Aw greytop (blushes), you always know just what I want!!!! I'll take it even without a bow.
          On fighting:

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
            Just stepping in for a moment. .have been on vacation but did get to a TV on Friday to see SG1 and SGA (didn't have 'puter access tho').

Jason did a terrific job in his first episode!

Don't worry about fans showing up in here. I didn't get around to the Flanigan thunk thread until last October, after the show had been on awhile, and it still didn't really take off until the break around December. Jason needs several episodes to develop his character to really get folks interested in Ronon. He has a great voice and facial expressions, and he really uses his eyes to express emotion, and wow, what a great fight with Ford!

Some folks are still angry about Ford and think Ronon is a replacement for him. They don't realize yet that Ronon is a completely different type of character, but I don't think it will take much time for Jason to win them over.

And for those folks who said Ronon was a dumb, hunk character. . eat 'yer words, cause this guy is obviously highly intelligent!
            GREAT post FoolishPleasure, as always!

I agree completely. I think his debut in Runner was a great "teaser", it gave us a small window into his character, and I loved what I saw. He has his dark side, but we also got to see vulnerability (esp. when he realized his homeworld of Atteria was gone), his compassion and his honesty. He also can handle a gun like no one else and I'm looking forward to next week's episode, for that great "fight" scene BamBam choreographed, between Dex and Teyla.

Yes, Jason is gorgeous, but he can act. He proved that in Runner, and I'm certain his fanbase will continue to grow. Come on, that smile alone is worth the price of admission.

I DO understand that many of Ford's fan "blame" JM, for a decision that was not his to make. I'm hoping they will see that he is a completely different character and if a way to find and cure Ford is found, the two of them would be great together. They are NOT mutually exclusive!

As an aside, "Mom", your son did great! Hope the party was a great success! Now what do you have planned for his birthday???
            On fighting:

Comment

Originally posted by Blue007
              Thanks Lida...I knew I could count on you. I did go to the other threads before here and I feel much better. I let it get to me and got upset. I just wanted everyone to be has excited about Momoa on Atlantis as his fans are. I forgot to remember that die hard fans are upset about changes and I needed to understand that if things were the other way around, I'd be upset too. I am sure that the way I have been going full force has upset some too. Can't help it...I am die hard Momoa and can't apologize for that..won't.
              I just want him to get a fair chance because he is such a great actor and I feel that Atlantis is such a great place for him to be and for his career to be.
              I get blinded sometimes and can't see the other side.
              I was so glad to see people posting...keeping open minds for the ones who are still not sure, but at least they were intrigued.
              No matter what I am behind Momoa 100%. I also need to understand that some just need to see more. I loved the show, and I thought others were so great in it, it was a thrill to watch both times. I hope more will come around soon, but if not that's ok. I know some will.
              Blue, you can gush here all you like. You make me look like an amatuer when it comes to fans, and besides, you've been a Jason fan alot longer than I. I name you the official President of this thread!

Go Blue! Go Jason!
              On fighting:

Comment

Hey, this is supposed to be a "thunk" thread, so where are the pics???? Well?
                (impatiently taps her foot). I guess I'll have to post another one.......

Is that a gorgeous smile?
                On fighting:

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                  Hey, this is supposed to be a "thunk" thread, so where are the pics???? Well?
                  (impatiently taps her foot). I guess I'll have to post another one.......

Is that a gorgeous smile?
                  WhooHoo....yeah more pictures!! Bring'em on!!
                  Thanks Lida
                  Purple's Biggest Fan
                  A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

Originally posted by Blue007
                    WhooHoo....yeah more pictures!! Bring'em on!!
                    Thanks Lida
                    My pleasure Blue!

And after next Friday, I'll be bringing you GREAT screen caps.....I'll tell you why after my present arrives on Tuesday. Hint: It will make watching Dex soooooooo much better!
                    On fighting:

Comment

How about Ronon and his gun. Maybe he should name it or his sword.

Comment

And after next Friday, I'll be bringing you GREAT screen caps.....I'll tell you why after my present arrives on Tuesday. Hint: It will make watching Dex soooooooo much better!
                        Can I snurch some off of you when you post them in the thread, Lida?

Comment

I know it's not midnight where you are, but it's August 1st HERE, so........Happy 26th Birthday !!!

From all of us, to you, have a great year!!!!!!
                          On fighting:

Comment

WOW!! very nice Lida

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JASON MOMOA

I'm singing and popping open champagne...yes at 5:42 am LOL

Hope whatever you wish comes true!
                            Purple's Biggest Fan
                            A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

I know it's not midnight where you are, but it's August 1st HERE, so........Happy 26th Birthday !!!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...JM-BDcake1.jpg

From all of us, to you, have a great year!!!!!!
                              Ditto from me, Jason.

Comment

Wish I could say I baked the Pineapple cake myself, but.......

Anyway, hope Jason is having a GREAT day! Eat lots of cake, drink (to moderation) and just whoop it up!!!!!! You've earned it.

Happy Birthday Jason!
                                On fighting:

Comment

Working...
                                X