Ronon Dex/Jason Momoa Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greytop
    Eventually a copy will be on eBay but probably be too high for my pocketbook.

I have to tape tonight's show, also, Blue. I have to be in RL.

Note to self: Tape SG-1 at 7, Atlantis at 8.
    You're probably right greytop, isn't everything available on Ebay? Well, almost everything.

I'll try and make one myself. I'll be making a copy of tonight's episode, so if he has the coat on, I'll be able to screen cap it. If not, I'll have to wait another week or so, to even get started. And yes, RL has a way of sometimes getting in the way of really important stuff..... Just kidding.....

Well, less than 4 hours until Runner and Dex......I wonder if this thread will remain "ours" after tonight. Just a randon thought.....

My best wishes to Jason Momoa and his family, as they eagerly await the broadcast of his debut on SGA!
    On fighting:
    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Eventually a copy will be on eBay but probably be too high for my pocketbook.

I have to tape tonight's show, also, Blue. I have to be in RL.

Note to self: Tape SG-1 at 7, Atlantis at 8.
      If they do add it to eBay, maybe we could purchase one and all share custody LOL.
      Purple's Biggest Fan
      A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
        You're probably right greytop, isn't everything available on Ebay? Well, almost everything.

I'll try and make one myself. I'll be making a copy of tonight's episode, so if he has the coat on, I'll be able to screen cap it. If not, I'll have to wait another week or so, to even get started. And yes, RL has a way of sometimes getting in the way of really important stuff..... Just kidding.....

Well, less than 4 hours until Runner and Dex......I wonder if this thread will remain "ours" after tonight. Just a randon thought.....

My best wishes to Jason Momoa and his family, as they eagerly await the broadcast of his debut on SGA!
        So sweet about best wishes....we all send the same wishes to them!! After tonight we will probably have to really look for each other in here...I'll be on my tippy toes searchin' for you and Greytop LOL but that's cool, I hope they flood Momoa's threads ( with good thoughts only please ) And remember his birthday is Monday so if ya can't be nice, wait till after the birthday at least LOL...but all will be nice 'cause he will dazzle us all

and the light bulb just went off Lida and Greytop..LOL regarding RL=running late...hello?? took me a sec.
        Off to heaven in t-2hours
        Purple's Biggest Fan
        A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

Just checking in before I'm off to RL work. Wished I didn't have tonight.

Blue, your on my list. Buddies that is.

Comment

Just checking in before I'm off to RL work. Wished I didn't have tonight.

Blue, your on my list. Buddies that is.
            whew!! Ya scared me for a second there Greytop LOL..."on your list" I was thinkin' mmm...what have I said to be put on a list LOL
            Thank you I feel honored.~~bowing~~~
            Sorry ya have to work...I do to, my second job, to make ends meet, but not till 11pm...
            Purple's Biggest Fan
            A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

Ok so it was great!!! Whoahoo!!! LOVED IT MOMOA YOU ROCK!!!!
              Loved the show, Mckay, Shep, Super Ford it was so great!!!!
              Purple's Biggest Fan
              A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

Wow Blue, you make me look sedate and that's tough to do! You should have seen me when Jason first came on screen.

I was thrilled with the writing, the set looked fantastic, I had to keep reminding myself it was a set and not a real cave, and the lighting, my hats off to the director of photography.

The actors all deserve pats on the back for jobs more than well done.

And Jason, well, he exceeded my expectations. This man looked good, even after "7 years on the run" from the Wraith. But even more than his obvious physical attributes, his acting was superb......he WAS Ronan Dex. I can't give him higher praise.

I'm REALLY looking forward to next week's episode and more Dex. He certainly adds something to the show......and I like it!
                On fighting:

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                  Wow Blue, you make me look sedate and that's tough to do! You should have seen me when Jason first came on screen.

I was thrilled with the writing, the set looked fantastic, I had to keep reminding myself it was a set and not a real cave, and the lighting, my hats off to the director of photography.

The actors all deserve pats on the back for jobs more than well done.

And Jason, well, he exceeded my expectations. This man looked good, even after "7 years on the run" from the Wraith. But even more than his obvious physical attributes, his acting was superb......he WAS Ronan Dex. I can't give him higher praise.

I'm REALLY looking forward to next week's episode and more Dex. He certainly adds something to the show......and I like it!
                  I'm at work at the hotel (my second job) and I am watching the show Atlantis again....LOL....I LOVE IT even better the second time around. Momoa was so great, and the show was great and I am over the moon LOL!!! It is on a big screen too...whooahhoo!!!
                  Purple's Biggest Fan
                  A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

Hello??? Did everyone go fishin' this weekend or what??
                    I can not believe no one has posted any comments here after Momoa's debut...(other than in the "Runner" thread).
                    Man, hurts me...where's the love??
                    Purple's Biggest Fan
                    A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

Blue, people ARE posting on the JM/RD Thunk thread. However, I didn't expect to get a true reaction to Jason's fantastic introduction as Ronon Dex last night...at least not on this Forum, where so many have been against him, since the initial announcement of his becoming the NEW SGA cast/team member. You have to expect inital resentment from diehard fans of someone who's name will NO longer be on the credits of the show, as he will now be listed as a guest when he makes his 2 more appearances this year. Let people see more of the character of Dex and then you will see "fans" emerging. I've received PM's from fans of the former SGA regular member, who are afraid to post here. Sad, huh?

Jason showed his ability to act last night, and his on screen presence was electric. He has the charisma he already had as a teen, but he has matured into a man, one with talent AND presence, a rare combo, but an essential one for a successful career.

The charcter of Ronon Dex was well conceived and well written and I'm looking to learning more about him and seeing him in action! He sure can handle a gun. And you were right, his voice is amazing.
                      On fighting:

Comment

Thanks Lida...I knew I could count on you. I did go to the other threads before here and I feel much better. I let it get to me and got upset. I just wanted everyone to be has excited about Momoa on Atlantis as his fans are. I forgot to remember that die hard fans are upset about changes and I needed to understand that if things were the other way around, I'd be upset too. I am sure that the way I have been going full force has upset some too. Can't help it...I am die hard Momoa and can't apologize for that..won't.
                        I just want him to get a fair chance because he is such a great actor and I feel that Atlantis is such a great place for him to be and for his career to be.
                        I get blinded sometimes and can't see the other side.
                        I was so glad to see people posting...keeping open minds for the ones who are still not sure, but at least they were intrigued.
                        No matter what I am behind Momoa 100%. I also need to understand that some just need to see more. I loved the show, and I thought others were so great in it, it was a thrill to watch both times. I hope more will come around soon, but if not that's ok. I know some will.
                        Purple's Biggest Fan
                        A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

JM really impressed me in his introduction in Runner. He really added a human touch and complexity to the character of Ronan Dex. I can't wait to see RD on his first mission with the team.

Comment

Just stepping in for a moment. .have been on vacation but did get to a TV on Friday to see SG1 and SGA (didn't have 'puter access tho').

Jason did a terrific job in his first episode!

Don't worry about fans showing up in here. I didn't get around to the Flanigan thunk thread until last October, after the show had been on awhile, and it still didn't really take off until the break around December. Jason needs several episodes to develop his character to really get folks interested in Ronon. He has a great voice and facial expressions, and he really uses his eyes to express emotion, and wow, what a great fight with Ford!

Some folks are still angry about Ford and think Ronon is a replacement for him. They don't realize yet that Ronon is a completely different type of character, but I don't think it will take much time for Jason to win them over.

And for those folks who said Ronon was a dumb, hunk character. . eat 'yer words, cause this guy is obviously highly intelligent!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

This guy was cool! It is like having the Rock on the show..... It is great to
                              see a character that is smart and is able to kick a Wraith's butt at the same time...... Love this season!!!
                              Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Are people getting the threads mixed up? I thought this was the thunk thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X