X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lightsabre
    See this is the problem
    When will TPTB get some respect for the role of cake in society???
    I mean, not all cakes are a luschious choclate merangue.
    SOme of them are plain sponge. Hell, some aren't even iced.
    I've gotta say, I;'d be more relaxed about this cake if we ever saw it, just lounging around, maybe with a cold. YOu know, not always choced up to the max !!!!

P.S. I hope no one got offended by this, it was meant to be funny!!
    Do you know what I'm sick of in regards to cake? I'm sick of people in cafes and restaurants not being able to tell me what ingredients are put in. That cake, I'd be asking things like what flour was used or is there any coconut in there, but d'you think that yon random casual in a cake shop could tell me? No, they couldn't. See, that makes me mad.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightsabre
      See this is the problem
      When will TPTB get some respect for the role of cake in society???
      I mean, not all cakes are a luschious choclate merangue.
      SOme of them are plain sponge. Hell, some aren't even iced.
      I've gotta say, I;'d be more relaxed about this cake if we ever saw it, just lounging around, maybe with a cold. YOu know, not always choced up to the max !!!!

P.S. I hope no one got offended by this, it was meant to be funny!!
      I like the plain ones myself... with a little fresh cream perhaps... texture, in my opinion, is everything... Nothing too sweet though, it tends to give one a sick feeling. Fruitcakes can be quite rich but I think that they're an acquired taste...

Originally posted by Shep's Socks
      Do you know what I'm sick of in regards to cake? I'm sick of people in cafes and restaurants not being able to tell me what ingredients are put in. That cake, I'd be asking things like what flour was used or is there any coconut in there, but d'you think that yon random casual in a cake shop could tell me? No, they couldn't. See, that makes me mad.
      You know what I think, I don't think they even know... They're just there to put them on display and sell the stuff in any way they can.

Just a thought here... Maybe if we sell enough cakes... we could raise enough money for the Clothe Teyla Fund... like a Lamington drive...
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
        I like the plain ones myself... with a little fresh cream perhaps... texture, in my opinion, is everything... Nothing too sweet though, it tends to give one a sick feeling. Fruitcakes can be quite rich but I think that they're an acquired taste...
        There's a Welsh fruit cake called Barra Brach (or something similiar) that's very nice.

You know what I think, I don't think they even know... They're just there to put them on display and sell the stuff in any way they can.
        Panache, the crepe place is good. They have a list of ingredients.

Just a thought here... Maybe if we sell enough cakes... we could raise enough money for the Clothe Teyla Fund... like a Lamington drive...
        Wouldn't work for me. I refuse to sell or purchase anything to which I'm allergic. Teyla will just have to continue to wear her Kinky Gym Outfit With Especially Imported Organza.

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
          Panache, the crepe place is good. They have a list of ingredients.
          Ah, I love crepe... especially the savoury kind... It's flat and plain but when you add the extra bits and roll 'em... they are out of this world...
          Wouldn't work for me. I refuse to sell or purchase anything to which I'm allergic. Teyla will just have to continue to wear her Kinky Gym Outfit With Especially Imported Organza.
          Allergic to Lamingtons, are we? Or is it the imported organza? Well, you'll have to do some weaving and sewing then... I'm partial to silk meself... Legend has it that it keeps the wearer warm in winter and cool in summer... an all rounder. The ironing must be a killer though... Teyla might prefer wash and wear...
          sigpic
          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I'd just like to say that it's not Teyla's outfit I find disgraceful, but the fact that it's apparently being used to draw more fans to the show. I realise that's what promo shots are meant to do, but these shots are also causing an outcry from many fans; the outfit is having quite the opposite effect than intended!

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
            There's a Welsh fruit cake called Barra Brach (or something similiar) that's very nice.
            I thing you're reffering to bara brith. Why don't you enjoy some more traditional welsh food? The bara brith is at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
              Ah, I love crepe... especially the savoury kind... It's flat and plain but when you add the extra bits and roll 'em... they are out of this world...
              Do you have Panache in Brissie? Best orange poppyseed cake ever. Lots of people go there for dessert, nevermind the crepes.

Allergic to Lamingtons, are we? Or is it the imported organza? Well, you'll have to do some weaving and sewing then... I'm partial to silk meself... Legend has it that it keeps the wearer warm in winter and cool in summer... an all rounder. The ironing must be a killer though... Teyla might prefer wash and wear...
              Allergic to coconut.

She ain't gonna wash and wear in the Kinky Gym Outfit. It's leather and organza.

Comment

Originally posted by Hywel
                I'd just like to say that it's not Teyla's outfit I find disgraceful, but the fact that it's apparently being used to draw more fans to the show. I realise that's what promo shots are meant to do, but these shots are also causing an outcry from many fans; the outfit is having quite the opposite effect than intended!
                Well said, that man!

I thing you're reffering to bara brith. Why don't you enjoy some more traditional welsh food? The bara brith is at the top.

That's the one: bara brith. Yummy. Had it at the Museum of Welsh Life in St Fagan's. Also, pretty much lived on Welsh cakes for the rest of the three weeks I was in Wales. Luffly stuff.

Comment

Quite obviously everyone's had their say about Teyla's clothes. Feel free to continue the cake discussion in the Food thread in Off Topic.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X