No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay Whumping!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay! Great news! I read your spoiler because it wasn't very spoilery, but I'm staying away from her LJ!

I'm trying not to look forward to these books too much though, because it's so frustrating when they're just postponed all the time. And I just found out that the comic books ( one for each series ) advertised in July or something last year aren't happening at all.

Right now it feels like SGA is in the worst shape of the whole franchise ( there are Vala and Daniel comic book mini-series coming out, and the SG-1 Fandemonium novels don't seem to suffer from delays as much as the SGA ones do... ). ( Yes, my feelings on this subject are strong enough to warrant the use of three smileys in a row! )

Comment

I'd rather wait longer and get books which are of better quality than they would be if they were rushed out.

Comment

Posted this in the thunk thread...

Well, I finally started my Fedcon Report. I've only finished Friday so far, but since David's panel was on Friday I thought you might be interested...

http://to-elephantgirl.livejournal.com/10217.html

Hope you like it...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tinah View Post
          I'm trying not to look forward to these books too much though, because it's so frustrating when they're just postponed all the time. And I just found out that the comic books ( one for each series ) advertised in July or something last year aren't happening at all.
          Originally posted by Blue Shadowdancer View Post
          I'd rather wait longer and get books which are of better quality than they would be if they were rushed out.
          Jo Graham said that the delays are caused by MGM's financial problems, not the content. Authorising the publication of books based on their licences is not a priority

There is a completely spoiler free post (and comments) here about it

I'm willing to wait though. Haven't got anything else to do
          McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

Hi I'm new here. I first heard about "whumping" on this forum and I love it. But I have one question: how to insert images? I have a few nice but I can not add them. Help please.

Comment

Originally posted by sklerka25 View Post
              Hi I'm new here. I first heard about "whumping" on this forum and I love it. But I have one question: how to insert images? I have a few nice but I can not add them. Help please.
              Oh, hello! Welcome to GW, and more importantly, welcome to the Rodney whump thread!

For general help, the best place to go is this thread. For specific picture posting guidelines look here. You'll need an account with PhotoBucket or another provider (free!)

Comment

Thank you Varda It works...

[IMG][/IMG]

Rofney before surgery...

Your help was invaluable. Thank you once again

Comment

Thank you Varda It works...

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/x...atlantis10.jpg

Rofney before surgery...
                  Poor Rodney! He looks so sad, but also... resigned

Comment

Hi I'm new here. I first heard about "whumping" on this forum and I love it.
                    Hello, and welcome! It's always nice to meet another whumper! All whumpers are thunkers, but not all thunkers are whumpers, so this thread tends to be less active than the thunk thread. And yes, that's a lovely pic! I agree, he looks so resigned, so tragic, like "I know I'm going to die... I can just feel it...". Not the usual freaking out, but sad hopelessness, which in a way feels more serious, because he's moved past the babbling, freaking out stage which is how he normally deals with fear... no defenses left anymore.

Comment

Pic from "Miller's Crossing" when he wakes up tied to a chair...

Comment

... and what happened before that:

*zap*

Unconscious Rodney.

Poor, poor baby! Don't you just want to run over to him and take care of him?

Comment

Poor, poor baby! Don't you just want to run over to him and take care of him?
                          Yes, I have exactly the same thoughts. He looks so sweet when he sleeps (or when he is unconscious.) I would like to take him home and take care of him. Can I?

Comment

I would like to take him home and take care of him. Can I?
                            Sadly, only in our dreams ( or fanfiction )... But knowing how much he enjoys attention and sympathy, I'm sure he wouldn't mind having us fluffing his pillow and fetching blue jello and telling him how strong he is for not passing out from his severe paper cut!

Comment

Just a preview of something I started last year and hope to finish during my vacation in July. There's quite a bit of editing to do, and I can't seem to come up with any funny captions. It's a strange and Rodney-whumpy crossover story told with action figures. Here he's just been tortured and his friends have saved him:

Comment

Originally posted by Tinah View Post
                                Just a preview of something I started last year and hope to finish during my vacation in July. There's quite a bit of editing to do, and I can't seem to come up with any funny captions. It's a strange and Rodney-whumpy crossover story told with action figures. Here he's just been tortured and his friends have saved him:

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p...view_whump.gif
                                Great set up! It makes me go all gooey inside

Don't worry about making the captions - I'm sure they'll be fine. Lord knows my torture stories aren't funny in the slightest (at least not intentionally )

Comment

Working...
                                X