Rodney McKay Whumping!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post
    *jumps up and down and cries hysterically* More whump! More whump! Lots of lovely hurties for poor poor Rodney!
    You hurt him, I comfort him... great teamwork!

A pic
    Awww... poor baby! This is one of my favourites, so thanks for posting it!

A bad!poem
    If you cut him, he'll bleed,
    If you punch him, he'll bruise
    Kill everyone he loves and he'll cry
    Slice him wide open and he'll die
    Mourned by every thunker, every friend
    then brought back to life at episode's end

A short story
    Yes, , but a very good one!

Spoiler:
    Totally in character, how he's always bottling up his feelings, making excuses for occasional tears even to himself ( Have we ever seen him cry, really? He got very close at the end of "McKay & Mrs Miller". ) but still he's a man who feels a lot, feels deeply, and hurts himself by not dealing with the grief properly.

It's great to see that you're still writing, your fics are great ( even though I haven't read very many! ) and SGA and its characters are so good that they deserve to live on in as many ways as possible. ( Still hoping for a movie... )

And another pic
    Yup, that was another one of "those moments". I hate how they didn't take it seriously, in spite of being a bad injury... but we've discussed this before, so I'm not going to repeat myself until we know if the old threads will come back or not!

Comment

Here's some whumpy videos. Enjoy.

Finale Destination

Last Day

Pale
      sigpic

Comment

They're wonderful! I liked the first two best, but the last one was so touching... very emotional episode, and the song just brought it home even more.

EDIT: What's up with this repetition of "episode"? I've seen it before, the last word on the first line getting repeated. Am I doing something wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Tinah View Post
          You hurt him, I comfort him... great teamwork!
          Excellent!
          Mourned by every thunker, every friend
          then brought back to life at episode's end
          Nice! Me=hurt, you=comfort
          Yes, , but a very good one!

Spoiler:
          Totally in character, how he's always bottling up his feelings, making excuses for occasional tears even to himself ( Have we ever seen him cry, really? He got very close at the end of "McKay & Mrs Miller". ) but still he's a man who feels a lot, feels deeply, and hurts himself by not dealing with the grief properly.
          Thanks! I've been really down since I wrote that (I have my 'depressed' sig back). So much so that when I was walking through the park today, I just randomly burst into tears. I'm going to have an enforced break now to try and cheer myself up a bit. Not sure what with, maybe I'll write some smut, or finally start work on my original story, or perhaps some DVDs and games... hmmm
          McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

@x Varda x I'm just reading the A Hundred Ways Rodney Felt Pain stories and love them. I especially enjoyed 'Blue', 'Black' and 'Christmas' (I started with the last story and am now reading through all of them ).
            Really well written, good work! Thank you for those

The poem is nice The first line somehow reminded me of a part of a song called "Ghost Love Score" by Nightwish.
            I love that song and especially that certain part:

My fall will be for you
            My love will be in you
            If you be the one to cut me
            I will bleed forever

@Ravenheart ooh, didn't watch any Rodney videos for a long time *sniffles* don't know why, but it's so sad, that we don't get any new scenes with our beloved (sarcastic) canadian. but your videos are really great, I watch them again and again thank you!
            actually I always wanted to do a fanvideo using 'Pale' by Within Temptation and clips from 'Tao of Rodney', but never finished it, so I think, I deleted it, at some point

just found some 'whump' pictures on my computer and thought I could share them with you
            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by LittleMcKay View Post

@Ravenheart ooh, didn't watch any Rodney videos for a long time *sniffles* don't know why, but it's so sad, that we don't get any new scenes with our beloved (sarcastic) canadian. but your videos are really great, I watch them again and again thank you!
              actually I always wanted to do a fanvideo using 'Pale' by Within Temptation and clips from 'Tao of Rodney', but never finished it, so I think, I deleted it, at some point
              Here you go:

Stronger
              sigpic

Comment

didn't watch any Rodney videos for a long time *sniffles* don't know why, but it's so sad, that we don't get any new scenes with our beloved (sarcastic) canadian.
                Yes, there's always this bittersweet feeling when I watch SGA, especially Rodney, fanvids. I can rewatch the episodes and still enjoy them, but we'll probably never get to see more new material. ( But as you can see from my siggie, I'm going to take part in the "Fight for the Greenlight" campaign when we know who ends up owning the Stargate franchise. ) Different scenes cut together, with an emotional song, just brings this home even more.

You know, every time I see a fanvid, I keep thinking "Oh, I'm going to start asking around and doing research and see if I can learn how to make my own" but then I realize... I don't actually listen to music, so how would I find the right one to use? I have these old magnetic tapes from the 80s with music recorded off the radio... and that's it, pretty much it!

just found some 'whump' pictures on my computer and thought I could share them with you
                Thank you! The poor man has been through a lot, hasn't he?

Comment

Hello

not Whump...but

Spoiler:
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenheart View Post
                    Here you go
                    Heh, you posted while I was typing up my post..! This one was... probably my favourite so far. I sat watching it with a smile on my face and a lump in my throat... ( I think I liked this one better than the "Shrine" one, because of the lack of Keller. Maybe you remember me and my "can't watch a fictional woman get the fictional man I want" fangirl feeling..? )

Comment

@Ravenheart Fantastic, thank you! Haven't seen that video before. Great work
                      And so sad. I think the lyrics fit that episode really well. For me, 'Tao of Rodney', 'Sunday' and 'Shrine' are the most emotional episodes of the five seasons, because I can really feel with Rodney.
                      Oh, I forgot 'Grace under Pressure' but that episode turned out to be kind of funny, with Sam down there still a lot of McKay whump ^^

EDIT:
                      @Tinah actually I cut a few videos (and currently working on a new one), but sometimes I just start and don't know how to end the video. There are so many good songs I want to use on future videos perhaps I'm gonna finish one soon (using scenes from 'First Contact' and 'Lost Tribe')

Comment

Originally posted by lanaganp View Post
                        Hello

not Whump...but
                        Looks like he's about to be sick..! And Joe seems to find the situation hilarious! I'm guessing it was a weird comment from the audience..?

Comment

For me, 'Tao of Rodney', 'Sunday' and 'Shrine' are the most emotional episodes of the five seasons, because I can really feel with Rodney.
                          Oh, I forgot 'Grace under Pressure' but that episode turned out to be kind of funny, with Sam down there still a lot of McKay whump ^^
                          Yes, I agree on that. Also have to mention "McKay & Mrs Miller" and "Miller's Crossing". So much emotional whump in those two! ( I prefer physical whump to emotional whump, because that rarely runs the risk of straying into psychiatric whump, which makes me extremely uncomfortable. ) Sunday is a very good episode, but I don't like it because we lose Carson ( another favourite character of mine, I have a soft spot for doctors! ). Sure, he comes back eventually, but it's not the same. Guess I want my fluffy happy endings, no matter how much pain they go through during the episode.

EDIT:
                          @Tinah actually I cut a few videos (and currently working on a new one), but sometimes I just start and don't know how to end the video. There are so many good songs I want to use on future videos perhaps I'm gonna finish one soon (using scenes from 'First Contact' and 'Lost Tribe')
                          Looking forward to whatever you come up with!

Comment

@x Varda x I'm just reading the A Hundred Ways Rodney Felt Pain stories and love them. I especially enjoyed 'Blue', 'Black' and 'Christmas' (I started with the last story and am now reading through all of them ).
                            Really well written, good work! Thank you for those
                            Thanks! Bad RL is beneficial from a whumpee-squee POV, as I write really whumperific torture stories. Although I toned it down quite a lot - Enemies. Should I be worried that I really enjoyed writing that...? Nah!
                            The poem is nice The first line somehow reminded me of a part of a song called "Ghost Love Score" by Nightwish.
                            I love love that song! I listen to 'Dead Gardens' when I can't write anything

I've got a playlist of whumper songs
                            Spoiler:

March of Mephisto - Kamelot (snippets - see my current location)
                            Wailing your sorrow
                            Is only my way to comfort you
                            Now tell me all about your pain
                            Down to the detail

What Have you Done - Within Temptation
                            Would you mind if I hurt you?
                            Understand that I need to
                            Wish that I had other choices
                            than to harm the one I love

The list goes on and on

Comment

Ooh, I remember this thread!

It occured to me today that I've been posting fics purely to LJ lately - I'm beginning to catch up on archiving them to FFN now. Bethesda (traumatised!Rodney) went up today, and I'll be posting the rest at one a day until I'm done. Then I'll have to write some new ones.

Comment

Jo Graham is doing a Q&A on the new Legacy series books (ie the 'continuing the series' ones)

Fair warning that her journal is full of spoilers for the books (including some really big ones!)

I asked (of course ), Does Rodney get physically whumped? Yay/nay, big/small?

The reply (spoilered for those who don't want to know anything at all, but there are no real spoilers in there IMO)
                                Spoiler:
                                'Yes, there is Rodney whump! Not much in Homecoming, but in The Lost Rodney is whumped major bigtime. As in really really badly. And in Allegiance he's whumped some more. And in The Avengers, though not quite as much. And coming up in Secrets, Rodney hovering on the edge of death while his team tries to save him! So. Lots and lots of Rodney whump. I think he's probably got the most whump of anybody. '

OMG! I knew female writers could do it!

Comment

Working...
                                X