Rodney McKay Whumping!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ravenheart View Post
    Coma brought on by either his hypoglycemia or anaphylaptic shock from his citrus allergy (what would be really interesting is getting it without eating citrus).
    Ooh, I agree with both of those! I like reading whump fics where he has anaphalaxis. And where he gets poisoned, etc.

I also like... really, really cold. Don't know why, but that appeals to me

Comment

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post
      I read it using Google Translate which has recently (very helpfully) been added to my Google Toolbar

A lot of the words were in the wrong order, but not enough so that it couldn't be understood. It's about mental illness (specifically PTSD)
      Thanks much Varda! I knew there had to be a way to read it.

Originally posted by Blue Shadowdancer View Post
      There's a McKay whumping community? :O

Can anyone give me the link please?
      You have fic there! That's where I have read yours and loved it I must say. I think there's another one there that I still need to read though.

Ah I see now you were having a brain freeze.

Ooh, I agree with both of those! I like reading whump fics where he has anaphalaxis. And where he gets poisoned, etc.

I like those, especially the anaphalaxis one because not many seem to write it. I have to say my favorite whump though is good old blood and losing lots of it. LOL Don't know why, used to think i was weird till I found people who wrote fics with that exact type of thing in it and realized it wasn't just me. The internet is a great place!
      Shelly
      My Photos
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenheart View Post
        Coma brought on by either his hypoglycemia or anaphylaptic shock from his citrus allergy (what would be really interesting is getting it without eating citrus).
        Yes, would love to see him in a coma, what ever the cause.

I just read a fic like that yesterday actually... Troubles Melt Like Lemon Drops

Cold? Yes, I like that too. Along with snow and ice, maybe Rodney getting lost in a blizzard while on a mission. Hmm...

Originally posted by RDAfan61 View Post
        I like those, especially the anaphalaxis one because not many seem to write it. I have to say my favorite whump though is good old blood and losing lots of it. LOL Don't know why, used to think i was weird till I found people who wrote fics with that exact type of thing in it and realized it wasn't just me. The internet is a great place!
        The more blood he loses the better eh? Yeah, I'm a fan, particularly when he gets stabbed/speared. I"ve read one fic where Rodney was speared by a tree branch! ...I think it may have been one of Varda's PJM stories as there was a puddlejumper involved. I could be wrong. There was another one I read were Rodney gets speared by a tree branch due to him tripping a wraith bomb or something while on a mission. OH! The title just came to me, it's called Twenty Questions, very well written!
        sigpic
        Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
          I just read a fic like that yesterday actually... Troubles Melt Like Lemon Drops
          You should've added it to the C2!
          The more blood he loses the better eh? Yeah, I'm a fan, particularly when he gets stabbed/speared. I"ve read one fic where Rodney was speared by a tree branch! ...I think it may have been one of Varda's PJM stories as there was a puddlejumper involved.
          You caught me!
          All Good Hymns

Debbie418uk2, helpfully pointed out that mine was a coincidental retelling of a similar situation she put him in (oopsy! ) I can't remember which one it is now, but it's a RRBD chapter

Also, she speared him (in a way) in this one
          I could be wrong. There was another one I read were Rodney gets speared by a tree branch due to him tripping a wraith bomb or something while on a mission. OH! The title just came to me, it's called Twenty Questions, very well written!
          That is a good one! Makes me all shades of jealous green

Anyhoo, I finished my torturific, uh, fic.

Spoiler:
          Non-PG (horror/torture) link!!
          Spoiler:
          Reavengeance II
          Michael gets his psychotic hybrid mits on poor McKay. Michael then places him in a really fun maze full of monsters. But there's even more unimaginable torture and pain to follow for Rodney. Very dark.

In fact, I'd say it's the darkest fic I've ever written. As I told RIG, I scare myself sometimes...
          McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

But we love that you do because then we get to read it too! Yay! Can't wait to get to read your new one. When will real life cooperate for me! ARGH
            Shelly
            My Photos
            sigpic

Comment

You should've added it to the C2!
              Um...oops?

You caught me!
              All Good Hymns
              I'm good.

Debbie418uk2, helpfully pointed out that mine was a coincidental retelling of a similar situation she put him in (oopsy! ) I can't remember which one it is now, but it's a RRBD chapter
              That just goes to show... Great minds think alike.

Also, she speared him (in a way) in this one
              I'm sure I've read it, I've read all of RRBD... unless she's still writing them/updating?

That is a good one! Makes me all shades of jealous green
              You and me both!

Anyhoo, I finished my torturific, uh, fic.

Spoiler:
              Non-PG (horror/torture) link!!
              Spoiler:
              Reavengeance II
              Michael gets his psychotic hybrid mits on poor McKay. Michael then places him in a really fun maze full of monsters. But there's even more unimaginable torture and pain to follow for Rodney. Very dark.

In fact, I'd say it's the darkest fic I've ever written. As I told RIG, I scare myself sometimes...
              Read and reviewed my friend.
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

But we love that you do because then we get to read it too! Yay! Can't wait to get to read your new one. When will real life cooperate for me! ARGH
                I just can't help sharing the madness!
                Um...oops?
                Ne'ermind! I was thinking this morning that wouldn't it be great if someone other than me wrote and posted a Rodney torture fic? It's so much nicer reading another person's work than my own (which I spent so much time on my eyes went funny)

And look! Look! Someone did...

Breaking Point
                Everyone has a breaking point.
                I'm sure I've read it, I've read all of RRBD... unless she's still writing them/updating?
                Debbie posted another one a few days ago
                Read and reviewed my friend.
                And replied! Cheers

My answer to the question of what would be the ultimate Rodney whump changes depending on my mood. I prefer stab wounds to the trunk, broken ribs and lots of blood. I'm not so keen on head injuries and have certain squicks I avoid (like eyes, teeth, dismemberment etc) But really, just anything that leaves him totally helpless (most things in that case!)

It's personal preference I suppose (wow, that sounds insane )

I'm not sure if anyone's listened to the latest GW podcast, but they talk about fanfic (I know I'm in the minority of being a rabid fanfic writer, so maybe not?) But they raised some very interesting points. Notably about the fact that in SGA and most sci-fi TV series all the writers have been male. Therefore fanfic is mostly written by women, because they feel that there was an emotional hole needing to be filled.

This is interesting, because maybe it explains why we hardly got any yummy comfort for our poor Rodney after he had been so badly whumped in a lot of episodes (the podcast specifically mentions Quarantine and how there was no fallout from Rodney's almost proposal - how did he feel after that? How did Katie feel? It was swept under the carpet and never mentioned again) I feel a tag coming on

Not that I'm saying that I necessarily agree with the implication that male writers are incapable of expressing emotions in their writing/TV shows in a way that will appeal to women. It's just a point they raised that I find quite fascinating (as a hardcore whumper)

Also, where Rodney is concerned, I believe that he is the most whumpable character (ever) because he was written (and DH's acting played a large part) quite emotionally. As per the above, Rodney was just such a refreshing change from how men are normally portrayed as being creatures so stoic that they are almost inhuman, because that is what's seen as culturally acceptable. There are certain things that cannot be shown - like Rodney crying - that never happened! Not even in Sunday or when he was about to die in GUP. Or maybe the writers believe that would make people switch off? I think this is a terrible shame and drives women to fanfic to find out that men are actually human and that it's okay to express feelings... I don't think they realise that it makes us (or me, at least) actually think more of them!

That was a long one...

Comment

I just can't help sharing the madness!
                  Ne'ermind! I was thinking this morning that wouldn't it be great if someone other than me wrote and posted a Rodney torture fic? It's so much nicer reading another person's work than my own (which I spent so much time on my eyes went funny)

And look! Look! Someone did...

Breaking Point
                  Everyone has a breaking point.
                  Hmm, I'll have to check that one out... if I haven't already. The title sounds familiar...

Debbie posted another one a few days ago
                  YAY!

And replied! Cheers

My answer to the question of what would be the ultimate Rodney whump changes depending on my mood.
                  Why am I not surprised?

I prefer stab wounds to the trunk, broken ribs and lots of blood. I'm not so keen on head injuries and have certain squicks I avoid (like eyes, teeth, dismemberment etc) But really, just anything that leaves him totally helpless (most things in that case!)
                  But didn't you remove Rodney's arms in Oh, For the Wings of a Dove!? You did replace them with wings, but still...

It's personal preference I suppose (wow, that sounds insane )
                  Kinda does.

I'm not sure if anyone's listened to the latest GW podcast, but they talk about fanfic (I know I'm in the minority of being a rabid fanfic writer, so maybe not?) But they raised some very interesting points. Notably about the fact that in SGA and most sci-fi TV series all the writers have been male. Therefore fanfic is mostly written by women, because they feel that there was an emotional hole needing to be filled.
                  Never thought about it that way but, damn, if that isn't the truth!

This is interesting, because maybe it explains why we hardly got any yummy comfort for our poor Rodney after he had been so badly whumped in a lot of episodes (the podcast specifically mentions Quarantine and how there was no fallout from Rodney's almost proposal - how did he feel after that? How did Katie feel? It was swept under the carpet and never mentioned again) I feel a tag coming on

Not that I'm saying that I necessarily agree with the implication that male writers are incapable of expressing emotions in their writing/TV shows in a way that will appeal to women. It's just a point they raised that I find quite fascinating (as a hardcore whumper)

Also, where Rodney is concerned, I believe that he is the most whumpable character (ever) because he was written (and DH's acting played a large part) quite emotionally. As per the above, Rodney was just such a refreshing change from how men are normally portrayed as being creatures so stoic that they are almost inhuman, because that is what's seen as culturally acceptable. There are certain things that cannot be shown - like Rodney crying - that never happened! Not even in Sunday or when he was about to die in GUP. Or maybe the writers believe that would make people switch off? I think this is a terrible shame and drives women to fanfic to find out that men are actually human and that it's okay to express feelings... I don't think they realise that it makes us (or me, at least) actually think more of them!
                  ...I could not have said it better myself.

That was a long one...
                  But oh so good... and insightful, you sure opened my eyes!
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME.

Comment

But didn't you remove Rodney's arms in Oh, For the Wings of a Dove!? You did replace them with wings, but still...
                    I didn't have them chopped off though (ew!)
                    Never thought about it that way but, damn, if that isn't the truth!

...I could not have said it better myself.

But oh so good... and insightful, you sure opened my eyes!
                    I think too much

Comment

Hello fellow whumpers! How is everyone? Miss me? LOL *big grin*

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
                      Sheppard <3's Rodney! YAY! LOLS!
                      Happily floating in Mckay Heaven <3
                      sigpic

Comment

Hi, Vala, things are all good on the Rodney whumping front

Rodney whump/thunk icon post from my LJ

The second one above was made for my Reavengeance II fic. The icon is too small to be overly gory, but there is a larger version on there which I'd say is PG-13 (for a lot of OTT red colouring )

Comment

I didn't have them chopped off though (ew!)
                          But you did have them...removed. Ah well, potato potahto.

I think too much
                          You can never think too much!

Originally posted by Valaslonglostsister View Post
                          Hello fellow whumpers! How is everyone? Miss me? LOL *big grin*
                          Of course! How's things?
                          sigpic
                          Sig by ME.

Comment

Looks like there is a new Rodney whump story in the works, so Varda you can have a chance to read like you want.

Here's the link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5386682/...asmine_Project

This is the description: As he is about to go back to Atlantis, Rodney gets a unexpected visitor, and is dragged back into a world he doesn't want to be in, and can't even remember. Some Rodney whumping, but who doesn't love it?

I don't do WIPs but it might be something to add to the Rodney Whump Community?
                            Shelly
                            My Photos
                            sigpic

Comment

Looks like there is a new Rodney whump story in the works, so Varda you can have a chance to read like you want.

Here's the link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5386682/...asmine_Project

This is the description: As he is about to go back to Atlantis, Rodney gets a unexpected visitor, and is dragged back into a world he doesn't want to be in, and can't even remember. Some Rodney whumping, but who doesn't love it?

I don't do WIPs but it might be something to add to the Rodney Whump Community?
                              I'm still waiting for that one (have it on alert) I try not to add WIPs unless they are obviously very whumpy (like Blue's)

Comment

I'm reading that fic too but I'm so confused about what's going on. I hope the next chapter will shed some light.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by ME.

Comment

Working...
                                X