Rodney McKay Whumping!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GateEngineer17 View Post
    Interesting how we whumpers can be cheered up by whump, eh?
    The amount of McKay!whump in my fics is directly proportional to how bad my day or week has been...

Recently work's really sucked for me so we get 'Timeless' and the pretty intense physical whump scene for the poor whumped woobie McKay in the next chapter I'm typing up now - consider it as 'transference' or, uh, an 'outlet'
    McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

Originally posted by GateEngineer17 View Post
      I agree. It's that "everything I ever learned about movement I learned from the Muppets" style (read: boneless) that Hewlett (self-confessed!) does so well!
      I can vouch for that!

Right down to the . . .
      Spoiler:
      . . . hand spasming open in pain to drop his gun, just as you would expect to see if someone's arm was being wrenched like that. Too bad the SciFi channel "bug" covers a bit of that up. Oh, and there's that essential Hewlett/McKay vulnerability that sucks us in as well!
      I absolutely loved that!
      Spoiler:
      ...and that Hewlett/McKay vulnerability just vacuumed me right in from the get go!

Interesting how we whumpers can be cheered up by whump, eh? I'll be out for a few hours now, but look for something in the 8:30P-9:00P EST tonite. Can't let a call for cheering go unattended now that I'm getting the pic posting thing down!
      Yes, whumpage = happy whumpers. Thank you... for the pics-to-come. Take your time.

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post
      The amount of McKay!whump in mu fics directly proportional to how bad my day or week has been...
      I forget, have you seen/watched SG-1?

Recently work's really sucked for me so we get 'Timeless' and the pretty intense physical whump scene for the poor whumped woobie McKay in the next chapter I'm typing up now - consider it as 'transference' or, uh, an 'outlet'
      Looking forward to reading it!

*goes to nuke something to eat*
      sigpic
      Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
        I forget, have you seen/watched SG-1?
        Alas, no. I watched the Stargate film and 'Children of the Gods' but didn't get any further

How come?

Looking forward to reading it!
        Gulp, ouch... (It's actually the first scene that was locked when I was initially spinning out the map)

Comment

Alas, no. I watched the Stargate film and 'Children of the Gods' but didn't get any further

How come?
          Because Sam has used the term "directly proportional" many times and it made me think of her.

"spinning out the map"? I know what it means but how do you do this? Might help me with writing my fics since I never know where I'm going with them.
          sigpic
          Sig by ME.

Comment

Because Sam has used the term "directly proportional" many times and it made me think of her.
            It's a maths thing

"spinning out the map"? I know what it means but how do you do this? Might help me with writing my fics since I never know where I'm going with them.
            I've actually kept my original map for Timeless just for fun and to see how much it diverged from what I had planned to write

I had a look at it earlier today out of curiosity and it's all
            Spoiler:
            cannibals, human sacrifice and torture! Also, there are no OCs in there (Rodney was alone all the time) Ideas come to me as I'm writing all the time (not sure if you've read chapter 'Missing in Action' yet. That one 'just happened' off the back of the last paragraph of the previous chapter
            Spoiler:
            'Rodney cried out in despair and had to force himself to swallow a hysterical laugh down his throat. He sobbed in frustration at the rippling walls once again surrounding him. They mercilessly taunted him with an eternity of being trapped in the prison he had now entered.'

I just thought - what if he was trapped forever? What would the reactions be from the people he left behind on Atlantis?

Comment

It's a maths thing

I've actually kept my original map for Timeless just for fun and to see how much it diverged from what I had planned to write

I had a look at it earlier today out of curiosity and it's all
              Spoiler:
              cannibals, human sacrifice and torture! Also, there are no OCs in there (Rodney was alone all the time) Ideas come to me as I'm writing all the time (not sure if you've read chapter 'Missing in Action' yet. That one 'just happened' off the back of the last paragraph of the previous chapter
              Spoiler:
              'Rodney cried out in despair and had to force himself to swallow a hysterical laugh down his throat. He sobbed in frustration at the rippling walls once again surrounding him. They mercilessly taunted him with an eternity of being trapped in the prison he had now entered.'

I just thought - what if he was trapped forever? What would the reactions be from the people he left behind on Atlantis?
              I started to read Missing in Action but my mom got sick, I had to call an ambulance to take her to the hospital. She has an ulcer. She's okay, still there tho; had to have to endoscopies. Missed the finale and she was really lookin' forward to it too.
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

I started to read Missing in Action but my mom got sick, I had to call an ambulance to take her to the hospital. She has an ulcer. She's okay, still there tho; had to have to endoscopies. Missed the finale and she was really lookin' forward to it too.
                Eeek! I'm sorry that your mother fell ill, but glad that they know what it is and are taking good care of her....I hope she continues to mend well and that she gets a chance to see the finale since she was looking forward to it.

Wilson3Girl

Comment

Sorry to hear that

Here's some caps I grabbed earlier

The Daedalus Variations
                  Spoiler:

Doppelganger
                  Spoiler:

I like the hand in this one...

Comment

Sorry to hear that

Here's some caps I grabbed earlier

The Daedalus Variations
                    Spoiler:

Doppelganger
                    Spoiler:

I like the hand in this one...
                    Not only do i like the hand in that last one but I also like the chest/belly too! All the pics are great!
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME.

Comment

Not only do i like the hand in that last one but I also like the chest/belly too! All the pics are great!
                      ^Oh, yes thunky whumpy loveliness

>*really needs to stop posting and write that whump scene*

Comment

^Oh, yes thunky whumpy loveliness
                        Indeed!

>*really needs to stop posting and write that whump scene*
                        Write it, write it, write it, write it, write it...
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME.

Comment

Write it, write it, write it, write it, write it...
                          Hehehe

It's done, I'm just checking it over with my honking great big dictionary and thesaurus in my hands while my grammar demon yells into my ears

Comment

Hehehe

It's done, I'm just checking it over with my honking great big dictionary and thesaurus in my hands while my grammar demon yells into my ears
                            I use those too when writing. They come in quite handy.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by ME.

Comment

Phew, that was a mission Here it is:-

Timeless 10 The Pendulum

Lots of whump for poor Rodney... oh and a cliffhanger

Although, I think it's fairly obvious what's going to happen next - but I always do - after all I'm the one with the map

:mwahahahaha: :snarf: :ahem:

Comment

Phew, that was a mission Here it is:-

Timeless 10 The Pendulum

Lots of whump for poor Rodney... oh and a cliffhanger

Although, I think it's fairly obvious what's going to happen next - but I always do - after all I'm the one with the map

:mwahahahaha: :snarf: :ahem:
                                Heh, just read chapter's 8 and 9 and reviewed. Loving it as always!

Your new sig is hilarious!

Off to read ch 10!
                                sigpic
                                Sig by ME.

Comment

Working...
                                X