Rodney McKay Whumping!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wabit View Post
    Hello Whumpers, only 3 weeks and 4 days till I fly to Vancover. Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Just posted my first ever fanfiction. it's a McKay whump one.

Please feel free to check it out and leave feedback and any tips or helpfull do's and dont's would be greatfully appreciated.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4101329/1/Bounty
    Oh thanks Wabit

Will bookmark it to read very soon - don't think I will have time tonight but will try!

Mx
    sig by SheppyD
    Whumpydoodlesquee and Frenxies a Speciality

I'm not crazy - I just have another consciousness in my brain
    So he just looks crazy

Comment

Ohh! Looks very good! Going to read it now!
      -------------------

sigpic
      Made by Camy

Proud member of Beer? Because they are adorkable!

Comment

Welcome to the Whump musik-lover

Still not seen K2 - can you believe i have it and FORGOT to watch it last night!

Off to read Wabit's fic!!
        The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

Hi All!!!

Whumpy pic time!

Mx
          sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

Watched K2 and loved it but agree with some of the points here, especially.......
            Spoiler:
            ..........WHERE WAS THE HUG!!!!

But then, i think for Rodney, that would have been admitting they couldn't save him. If he didn't say goodbye, then he wasn't really gone - again.

Still - i felt the angst, i think that was what made me cry sad, more so than poor old Carson's predicament! I felt so sorry for Rodney.

l My LJ l

Comment

Originally posted by Squonk View Post
              Watched K2 and loved it but agree with some of the points here, especially.......
              Spoiler:
              ..........WHERE WAS THE HUG!!!!

But then, i think for Rodney, that would have been admitting they couldn't save him. If he didn't say goodbye, then he wasn't really gone - again.

Still - i felt the angst, i think that was what made me cry sad, more so than poor old Carson's predicament! I felt so sorry for Rodney.
              I lurk around here mostly, but I'd like to weigh in.
              K2
              Spoiler:
              I think Rodney was in too much denial for a hug. As Squonk said, it would be too close to admitting defeat. I don't think Rodney would have accepted any comfort from any of them, even Carson. Based on his reaction to Weir in TMC (it's too much like Carson; I just can't deal), he's just too emotionally fragile. When Carson steps away from Ronon, Rodney basically turns his back to Beckett and starts technobabbling. It's more than he can process so he just doesn't. He desperately needs a hug, but one at that moment would have completely undone him.

Thanks for letting me play!
              sigpic
              Sig by Luciana
              My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Yes! Finally watched it!

Spoiler:
                So sad at the end! Poor poor Carson! But it was lovely, how Rodney defended him! And Teyla all surprised! Love the episode!

And heres a pic for you all!

-------------------

sigpic
                Made by Camy

Comment

Oh I love the expression on Rodney's face there!

I think I will go and read some whumpy fic now - I have so many stories bookmarked that I have not had time to read I will make a nice cuppa and spend half an hour reading!

Goodnight lovely whumpers!

Mx
                  sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                    K2
                    Spoiler:
                    I think Rodney was in too much denial for a hug. As Squonk said, it would be too close to admitting defeat. I don't think Rodney would have accepted any comfort from any of them, even Carson. Based on his reaction to Weir in TMC (it's too much like Carson; I just can't deal), he's just too emotionally fragile. When Carson steps away from Ronon, Rodney basically turns his back to Beckett and starts technobabbling. It's more than he can process so he just doesn't. He desperately needs a hug, but one at that moment would have completely undone him.
                    I totally agree!
                    K2 spoilers:
                    Spoiler:
                    I think it was GateEngineer17 who mentioned Rodney in the blue-light, and the fact that you could see him turn away, unable to look at Carson. I think your assessment of Rodney here was spot-on. He was unable to filter all of his emotions----unwanted emotions---and so he turned them off and didn't deal with them at all. He broke my heart in this episode. He seemed so fragile, he might actually break. I also agree with what you said about him not accepting comfort from anyone at that point with Carson entering stasis. Eventually, maybe, but not at that moment. He slays me sometimes.

Wilson3Girl

Comment

Spoiler:
                      I agree. I think you gave an excellent summary of how I saw the ending as well. Poor Rodney!

Comment

K2
                        Spoiler:

Thanks for letting me play!
                        Oh absolutely...
                        Spoiler:
                        ... he probably didn't know how he felt - wanting to believe his friend really was back, not wanting to believe he might not be trust-worthy (though be the end i think he proved he was) and certainly not wanting to believe they might lose him again.

Although my initial reaction was that they should have hugged, i don't think Rondey was too all over the place emotionally for it to have been anything but awkward and upsetting.

l My LJ l

Comment

Evening whumpers. Just thought I'd let you know that I know have only

3 weeks and 2 days till I fly to Vancouver and

4 weeks and 2 days till the set tour.

Sorry but I'm squeeeeeeeeeeeeeing and can't keep it in.

Comment

Well Wabit you won't forget your solemn duty to campaign for Rodney whump while you are there will you?

We need more of this!

Had to finish on my fave one in the whole world!!

Mx
                            sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

Ahh! Love the Pics!!! But does anyone know Good Rodney Whump? I nearly finished all the good ones on FF.net.
                              -------------------

sigpic
                              Made by Camy

Comment

I'm curious if anyone would ever consider my one and only Rodney story as a light version of "whump". But its in german and I do not feel competent enough to translate it.

Anyone interested in helping me?
                                The cake is a lie!

Comment

Working...
                                X