Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aurore
    Spoiler:
    I think what was the most difficult thing to watch wasn't only Rodney severely wounded (as opposed to the butt arrow that had me rolling on the floor) but the shock of Rodney being severely wounded and not whinning about it. You know what they say about hypocondriacs : when it's really bad, they don't complain as much.
    I agree, that was definitely a sign
    Spoiler:
    that it was bad. I liked how he concentrated on the situation and on solving the problem and didn't whine because he was injured. Well, he made up for that later.

You know, I don't think the fact that
    Spoiler:
    he go shot will ever get mentioned again, in the next ep he'll be right as rain again. It's the non-continuity thing we see in SG so soften (did anyone mention the depleted ZPM in the last ep? Not important enough?). I think that's sad, I'd like to see it get mentioned again, at least shortly. Not only because such a wound doesn't heal within days (and even if Rodney is his old complaining self at the end of the ep - this looked like a more serious injury!), but also because after the whole "Sheppard doesn't trust Rodney anymore" affair after "Trinity" we now have a similar situation, only the other way round. Sure, Sheppard was hallucinating, but really, in the end Rodney just saw Sheppard shooting him. That must be quite an emotional trauma when someone you consider a friend is shooting you! This will haunt you, you'll see the scene in your mind over and over again, and your trust in said person might not be as strong as before for a while. Well, in the real world at least, where there's continuity, in SGA we won't see much of that I guess.

Bye, A.
    ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
    ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Well,
      Spoiler:
      You have to admit that there was some continuity. After all, in Phantoms he did admit to still feeling some pain or something from the arrow in the ass incident, which of course was from Sateda.

Comment

And that's supposed to make me feel better?

You know, I can't even glance at that pic without flinching :
        Spoiler:

I think I may have reached my Rodney Whump limit with that scene!
        Spoiler:
        The look on his face just about ripped my heart out! Poor Rodney, all alone and bleeding... looking so terrified. Yes, a very good whump but I think that is the last whump like that that I'll be able to handle.

Spoiler:

I think what was the most difficult thing to watch wasn't only Rodney severely wounded (as opposed to the butt arrow that had me rolling on the floor) but the shock of Rodney being severely wounded and not whinning about it. You know what they say about hypocondriacs : when it's really bad, they don't complain as much.
        I agree. Seeing Rodney
        Spoiler:
        hurt and bleeding and quiet is definately unnerving... A hard scene to watch... not that I haven't watched it more than a few times.
        Last edited by Captain-Peregrine; 20 September 2006, 01:30 PM.
        thankee toasteronfire

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey13
          Well,
          Spoiler:
          You have to admit that there was some continuity. After all, in Phantoms he did admit to still feeling some pain or something from the arrow in the ass incident, which of course was from Sateda.
          Spoiler:
          Oh, he did talk about the arrow thing in "Phantoms"? I must have missed that (I only watched it one time now (apart from the whump scene), and sometimes I don't get everything they say immediately --> foreign language).

But I can only say "Yay, thanks for some continuity!"
          And thanks to you for pointing it out to me.

Bye, A.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
            And thanks to you for pointing it out to me.
            No problem. I think in the thunk thread there was a discussion about
            Spoiler:
            some kind of nerve problem Rodney said he had now because of it.

I think I'm gonna have to go watch it again tonight.

Comment

Spoiler:
              He says the arrow in the ass has given him Sciatica
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                Spoiler:
                He says the arrow in the ass has given him Sciatica
                Ah yes, now that you say that I remember that I saw that getting mentioned in the thunk thread somewhere!

Bye, A.

Comment

Originally posted by McKayRocks!
                  Hello lovely whumpers!!

Oh my goodness I so agree with you about that scene from Phantoms!
                  Spoiler:
                  Just blew me away for all sorts of reasons!! So helpless and needing care and comfort. DH played that so well. Has become one of my all time favourite whump scenes. Never thought we would really get whump like that in an episode - thought it would only be something we got in fan fic! I must admit to watching that scene a few times I must be really, really bad

Mx
                  Well, I've watched it more than a few. In fact, that part of my video tape for that ep will probably get worn out eventually Such great, great scenes!
                  "Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake-hole!" - Dean Winchester, Supernatural

Comment

Originally posted by JuneBug625
                    that part of my video tape for that ep will probably get worn out eventually
                    That did happen to me before, believe it or not. I taped "Duet" and watched it so many times (granted, it was taped on a REALLY old cassette) and the tape just snapped. I was tempted to pull the cassette apart and try to glue the two ends back together, but I didn't have any scotch tape on hand. I managed to find a torrent for "Duet" on the internet and just downloaded it instead. Much easier that way.

Comment

Oh, I'm just surprised my tapes have lasted so long. I have taped, retaped, rewatched and retaped so many times... my VCR should just explode. lol Hope it doesn't now. I'm taping--once again--the Atlantis marathon so... hope everything holds out for seven episodes.
                      thankee toasteronfire

Comment

Ah yes, now that you say that I remember that I saw that getting mentioned in the thunk thread somewhere!
                        Yes, it was mentionned in the Thunk thread.
                        Spoiler:
                        I had heard him complaining about sciatica and since he's often going on about how bad is back is, it didn't surprise me. Like you, I've missed the bit about the arrow.
                        They can be hard to understand when scenes are shot outside and they are walking!

Mx, wow I'm proud to have made you seen the light! I'm hoplessely bad at expressing my instinctive thoughts so it's a first for me.

Comment

*crickets chirping*

So quiet around here! Have a pic...

from the Hive (do I still need spoiler tags for this? Will do, just in case)
                          Spoiler:

And some emotional whump...

he is so in need of a hug!

Cheers, all!
                          "Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake-hole!" - Dean Winchester, Supernatural

Comment

Pegasus Project:
                            Spoiler:

Threatened with a lemon!

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Originally posted by JuneBug625
                              from the Hive (do I still need spoiler tags for this? Will do, just in case)
                              I was asking this myself, so I asked the mods about that. Seems we still have to put everything from season two in tags until the ep aired in syndication (Siege 3 already has and the following eps air weekly now). I didn't know that, I had heard that everything from the first half of S2 already doesn't need spoiler tags anymore. But it seems we still have to wait a few months until we can post everything from S2 without tags. So still tags for "The Hive". Ouch, I think I already posted pics from "The Hive" without tags in the past.

Spoiler:
                              You know, this is one of the pics I could stare at for hours. Don't know why, maybe because it's one of the best and most serious Rodney whump moments we ever got on the show until now.

By the way, I always wondered about that -
                              Spoiler:
                              didn't Carson say that Rodney was hyperventilating when he was brought in? Judging from the agitated state he was in that's not unlikely. But even if that situation has resolved itself and Rodney's not hyperventilating anymore, then he surely also hasn't calmed down that much since then and is still breathing more rapidly than normal. So why did Carson (TPTB...) put him on oxygen?

Bye, A.

Comment

You know, this is one of the pics I could stare at for hours. Don't know why, maybe because it's one of the best and most serious Rodney whump moments we ever got on the show until now.

By the way, I always wondered about that -
                                Spoiler:
                                didn't Carson say that Rodney was hyperventilating when he was brought in? Judging from the agitated state he was in that's not unlikely. But even if that situation has resolved itself and Rodney's not hyperventilating anymore, then he surely also hasn't calmed down that much since then and is still breathing more rapidly than normal. So why did Carson (TPTB...) put him on oxygen?

Bye, A.
                                I agree with you about that picture, Arlessiar. The only thing that's missing is the whole team standing around worrying.

I had my first Atlantis dream last night and it was perfect! Rodney was hurt (shot, I think several times) and Sheppard found him and said "Oh my God" (for some reason, I think that when that phrase is used properly by an actor and said in the right way, it is just wonderful as it can successfully convey a lot of emotion and shock). They rushed him back to ATlantis and held a bedside vigil and Sheppard went after the guys that had done it because he was so upset. *sigh* If only!

And as for the medical question, I have no idea Animals don't often hyperventilate so I have no medical experience with it even though I work in a distinct branch of the medical field (veterinary medicine).

Sorry for the OT bit about animals...

Bye!

Comment

Working...
                                X