No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay Whumping!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I finally saw "Phantoms". Woah, what an episode! So dark! But incredibly good I think.
    Spoiler:
    And yeah for unexpected Rodney whump! So many wounded, I already asked myself if someone will not get hurt in this ep, and then suddenly Sheppard shoots Rodney! I thought my heart stopped for a second when I saw that! I think I actually went "oh noooo!!".

But just like you all I think it was as usual when it come to injuries in SG eps - hurt but no comfort, or not nearly enough comfort, at least Beckett cared for Rodney and didn't say anything like "don't fuss, it's not a biggie" (although, maybe he himself was just still too much in shock for that).

The joking in the end was ok for me, it lightened the mood, that was necessary.

But really, will I ever get my "Rodney is seriously hurt and someone actually cares and worries" epsiode?

Still hoping.

Originally posted by gravelgerdie
    I did like
    Spoiler:
    that both Rodney and Ronon ganged up on Sheppard about him shooting him.. I did laugh at that.
    Regarding this I'm a bit torn -
    Spoiler:
    this scene could have been something like Rodney and Ronon ganging up on Sheppard and accusing him (more or less reproachful and serious) of shooting them. But I have to say, when I watched the scene my first thought was that it's just meant as a contrast - Rodney is complaining as usual and Ronon says "Hey, he shot me too but I'm not making such a fuss as you do!"

For my peace of mind I'll better go with the first explanation.

Thanks for the caps, people!

Bye, A.
    ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
    ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Aurore
      Just read a really good tag fic about that at Wraithbait (not slashy, just so you know):
      Phantom Guilt
      Thanks, and your guess is right...I am not slasher.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Ohhh I love the Rodney whump caps... very nice.
        When it happened
        Spoiler:
        I was like Oh No, Rodney got shot.

By Kidwizz

By JessM

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps
          I come bearing gifts...

Spoilers for Phantoms:
          Spoiler:

*Mx loves Alipeeps with all her heart*

Please oh please may I snurch these!!!!! You are an absolute star!!

BTW
          Spoiler:
          you could always write a fic with loads of Shep angst when he realises he has shot Rodney! Of course you would have to write a teeney weeney bit of Rodney whump too, him being shot and all that!!!

Mx
          sig by SheppyD
          Whumpydoodlesquee and Frenxies a Speciality

I'm not crazy - I just have another consciousness in my brain
          So he just looks crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey13
            Well, for those of you who didn't catch it, I have some Rodney-whump goodness pics from 'Phantoms'.
            Spoiler:
            I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing him shot.

Eh, the bullet hole there does look a tad higher than the bandage, methinks... It would have been the right place, though, if he hadn't raised his hands in the air.
            Thank you so much!!!

We are really being spoilt here for fantastic new whump caps!

Who's writing tags for this then with
            Spoiler:
            loads more whump - especially that bit where he looks at Teyla and is all hurt and scared!!!!!!!

*whump*

sorry I go a bit nuts when I think of that scene!! Please we must have some tag fic

*begs and pleads to any fic writers lurking*

Or if anyone has already done something please post a link!!!!

Mx
            sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

I intend to write more of my fic soon, probably today, and I intend to put that scene with him getting shot in there to good use for inspiration. I'm not going to tell you who shoots Rodney, though. You'll have to read it to find that out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey13
                I intend to write more of my fic soon, probably today, and I intend to put that scene with him getting shot in there to good use for inspiration. I'm not going to tell you who shoots Rodney, though. You'll have to read it to find that out.
                Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!

*is all excited now*

Mx

(PS I am being very silly as I have the afternoon off work )
                sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

Yay! Don'tcha just love it when you have the day off? I'm so happy that I work a job with a CWS routine (Compressed Work Schedule). I get every other friday off!

Comment

Here's a tagfic for "Phantoms" (WIP):

Safe and sound

And here's a one-shot by sholio (who's still writing "The killing frost") which I like very much. It's an unusual fic and a Rodney whump fic in the wider sense, but there's angst and a damn good 'what if' scenario - I can really only rec this story!

Old soldiers die hard

Bye, A.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlessiar
                      Here's a tagfic for "Phantoms" (WIP):

Safe and sound

And here's a one-shot by sholio (who's still writing "The killing frost") which I like very much. It's an unusual fic and a Rodney whump fic in the wider sense, but there's angst and a damn good 'what if' scenario - I can really only rec this story!

Old soldiers die hard

Bye, A.
                      Oh thank you Arlessiar! I am loving The Killing Frost too but it hasn't been updated in a while! A lot of the fic I am reading at the mo is WIP and I am getting a bit desperate so thanks again for the recs!!

Mx
                      sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

Yes, thanks for the fics Arlessiar!! Boy, "Old Soldiers Die Hard" sure was heart-wrenching!
                        "Okay, you know what, just stop it. Alright? Lucius is not a superhero--Batman, is a superhero..."
                        McKay

Comment

Originally posted by Cheerios
                          Yes, thanks for the fics Arlessiar!! Boy, "Old Soldiers Die Hard" sure was heart-wrenching!
                          Oh yes, that it was was!

I'm glad you and Mx liked the recs!

TLG:

Spoiler:

Bye, A.

Comment

Oh I just read Old Soldiers Die Hard! I liked that very much! For a minute there
                            Spoiler:
                            I was shocked but then I was ok!

Anyone who hasn't read it yet - I really recommend it!

Off to read Safe and Sound now.

Mx
                            sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

Thank you so much for that rec, Arlessiar (Old Soldiers Die Hard). It was such a sweet story

Spoiler:
                              I like the idea that Rodney's snarkiness is a large part of his charm and dispite the young girl trying to dislike him, he still made her care about him.

Beautifully written!
                              "Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake-hole!" - Dean Winchester, Supernatural

Comment

I've finally finished my fic, for all you McKay whumpers out there! Now, let's see about some ideas for a new fic...

Comment

Working...
                                X