Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sueKay
    Spoiler:
    Poor Rodney...I get sciatica sometimes and it's horrid...it's a sharp and slightly debilitating pain you get when you pinch or inflame your sciatic nerve...you get it up the back of your leg to the small of your back...it's the small of my back that gets the worst of the pain
    Oh...

Spoiler:
    I had an impingment (sp?) once and I was walking...hmmm...more like hobbling like an old woman. At its worst I was unable to sit, stand or move and I was bent over completely, practically crawling (and it was exam time too!)

Before it got to that stage I went to an SGA convention and my friend Lysia was dressed as Steve (I was an Athosian because Steve likes to bring lunch) and all the guests were making a fuss over her. I was laughing so hard I nearly passed out from the pain, I kid you not.

Comment

OMG! I thought this was a really good episode, not only because it is a really good episode but because
      Spoiler:
      we got a good Rodney whump. I just wanted to hug him, though, because when he was telling Teyla that she had to shut the generator off, he looked so frightened that his best friend had just shot him without a second thought. And I thought it was really interesting that his hallucination was that he couldn't fix the machine. While Ronan and John were running around trying to kill things, he and Beckett were having much more... well, for Beckett, very personal I think. And for Rodney it was messing with his head, the whole "I should be able to fix this easily but I can't!" and poor Beckett was having the same problem. *sigh* And I don't really know how I felt about the banter at the end, but I think they all felt a little better with Rodeny complaining becuase as long as he had the strength to point out that Sheppard had shot him, then he was going to be okay.

Okay, probably should have taken that to the discussion board. Sorry.

But, all in all, a very good episode.
      thankee toasteronfire

Comment

Originally posted by lirenel
        Spoiler:
        I wish we had at least seen sheppard's face when he realized he shot McKay. But I felt that the slightly comedic feel at the end was more Rodney and even Ronon ganging up on Sheppard, instead of the team ganging up on Rodney as is usual. And as for Teyla, I think she was just trying to cope with her injury and the frustration she went through as the only sane person. She was very quiet except for her asking John about his friend, but even then she was very soft-spoken.
        I did like
        Spoiler:
        that both Rodney and Ronon ganged up on Sheppard about him shooting him.. I did laugh at that. I also liked when Rodney told the military guy he was helping carry, to not be sorry and just worry about himself and hang in there.. then Carson gave him a look that said woah Rodney cares.. Of course Rodney cares and I'm glad that the writers did show that.
        I also was in shock when John did shoot Rodney point blank.. I was like OMG please don't let it be to bad.. but we got some Rodney whumpage which is always good

By Kidwizz

By JessM

Comment

I come bearing gifts...

Spoilers for Phantoms:
          Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps
            I come bearing gifts...

Spoilers for Phantoms:
            Spoiler:
            Is it me or does...

Spoiler:
            The bandage look lower than it should be considering where he got shot?

Comment

Originally posted by unknownterra
              Is it me or does...

Spoiler:
              Spoiler:
              According to other discussion about the episode, if you slow down the scene where Rodney gets shot, Teyla knocks John's aim off and the 'squib' (the special effect explosive that gives you the puff of smoke when shot) is actually in the right area for the bandage.

Comment

Originally posted by unknownterra
                Is it me or does...

Spoiler:
                Ah yes, the infamous randomly travelling wounds and field dressings of Stargate: Atlantis. Previously seen in such episodes as The Defiant One and The Long Goodbye.

Just had to say, while I'm here, that i loved the scene where
                Spoiler:
                McKay was telling Teyla how to fix the machine. He was sooo brave in that scene, not complaining or crying out or anything, just lying on the ground, injured and hurting and holding it together to tell his friend how to save their lives. Awesomeness!
                sigpic

Comment

Just had to say, while I'm here, that i loved the scene where
                  Spoiler:
                  McKay was telling Teyla how to fix the machine. He was sooo brave in that scene, not complaining or crying out or anything, just lying on the ground, injured and hurting and holding it together to tell his friend how to save their lives. Awesomeness!
                  Oooo, I agree with you 100%!

Thank you sooo much for the caps! They're beautiful!

"Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake-hole!" - Dean Winchester, Supernatural

Comment

Ah yes, the infamous randomly travelling wounds and field dressings of Stargate: Atlantis. Previously seen in such episodes as The Defiant One and The Long Goodbye.
                    Cause
                    Spoiler:
                    Bullets burrow to a warmer location once they're in.

strivaria, maybe it's a perspective thing?
                    Spoiler:
                    because at the end he is lying down in a slumped sort of position so it could just be the angle that makes me think the bandage is way too low.

Comment

Thanks for the pics, Alipeeps!!

I got my Grandpa to tape 'Phantoms' for me, so hopefully I'll be seeing it within the next week! I CAN'T wait!
                      "Okay, you know what, just stop it. Alright? Lucius is not a superhero--Batman, is a superhero..."
                      McKay

Comment

Well, for those of you who didn't catch it, I have some Rodney-whump goodness pics from 'Phantoms'.
                        Spoiler:
                        I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing him shot.

Eh, the bullet hole there does look a tad higher than the bandage, methinks... It would have been the right place, though, if he hadn't raised his hands in the air.
                        Last edited by Jersey13; 16 September 2006, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Have to admit in the scene where
                          Spoiler:
                          they finally switched the machine off and "woke up" I was waiting for Sheppard to say, "OMG, Rodney?!" as he remembered that he'd shot his friend and left him lying on the ground outside.. but nothing! I did find that kinda odd.. I like the lighter-hearted ending but surely he would, at least for a moment or so, have been worried as to whether McKay was ok?
                          That was exactly what I thought too! It was completely lacking.

Alipeeps and Jersey, thanks for the caps!

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Have to admit in the scene where
                            Spoiler:
                            they finally switched the machine off and "woke up" I was waiting for Sheppard to say, "OMG, Rodney?!" as he remembered that he'd shot his friend and left him lying on the ground outside.. but nothing! I did find that kinda odd.. I like the lighter-hearted ending but surely he would, at least for a moment or so, have been worried as to whether McKay was ok?
                            well..
                            Spoiler:
                            Sheppard really didn't know it was Rodney he had shot, he only saw a wraith in his head. When the power-thingy was disabled, I don't think he remember shooting Rodney at all, only the 'wraith'.

Comment

Spoiler:
                              He didn´t see Wraith but some soldier from Afghanistan. But he had to see Rodney when he went for Carson. It was probably off-screen scene where he assured himself that Rodney is OK. He needed to find Carson anyway. It´s work for our fan fiction authors, I think.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka
                                Spoiler:
                                He didn´t see Wraith but some soldier from Afghanistan. But he had to see Rodney when he went for Carson. It was probably off-screen scene where he assured himself that Rodney is OK. He needed to find Carson anyway. It´s work for our fan fiction authors, I think.
                                Just read a really good tag fic about that at Wraithbait (not slashy, just so you know):
                                Phantom Guilt

Comment

Working...
                                X