James Lafazanos Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ses
    Unforunatly hes only an Apprentice at the moment: I've told him what he needs to do to become a master lol
    oh oki for an Apprentice he's very talented! hey, it's james...

Comment

He did get well into the light saber thing most people just get given the light saber pose and hand it back... James started it by asking if the light saber was mine - so then he got given it (and the hat! lol)
      Ses
      James Lafazanos - Good for a Laf

Comment

Originally posted by Ses
        He did get well into the light saber thing most people just get given the light saber pose and hand it back... James started it by asking if the light saber was mine - so then he got given it (and the hat! lol)
        oooooooh now it's the holy light saber and the holy hat!

Comment

tee hee... no one has worn the hat since James
          Ses

Comment

Time to resurrect the thread after Allies...

Squeee!
            Ses

Comment

Originally posted by Ses

Squeee!
              *drools*

OMG! so hot, so sexy! meowww he looks a little like a viking! he's so cute!

*is in fire*

Comment

I just noticed it was long overdue we posted in this thread...

and....

Originally posted by Bloodthirsteve
                i was wondering... don't you find that Lafazanos sounds a little italian?
                Greek
                Ses

Comment

Originally posted by Ses

Squeee!
                  Wait a minute - THAT was James?

Why the heck didn't they just hire him to play "Michael" in the first place? The transition back to Wraith would have been perfect then.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                    Wait a minute - THAT was James?

Why the heck didn't they just hire him to play "Michael" in the first place? The transition back to Wraith would have been perfect then.
                    My guess... they wanted a name actor.

James is a far superior actor to Mr Trinneer imo
                    Ses

Comment

I hated, "Enterprise" and never liked Trineer (however ya spell his name). "Michael" was a good episode, but JL should have had the part. He IS Steve, Bob, etc. Advertising that we would see what JL really looked like would have been more interesting IMO.

Hopefully they'll use JL in season 3. *crossing fingers*

Comment

Trinneer only seems to play either no emotion or anger - and thats pretty much his range and I do have a feeling his popularity was down to his looks.

I have no faith in TPTB's casting in Atlantis; with really good actors being over looked in favour of name actors and pushed to that back - even in terms of the credits: how many episodes that James has had a pinacle part in the storyline and gotten shoved to the closing credits when other cast who have had just a few lines are up there in the guest stars.
                        When Joe was doing his answer things on here and the storyline to Michael first got around; I did ask a question whether James would play the part - but never got it answered.
                        Ses

Comment

That's a shame that JL didn't get the part. I think TPTB missed a big chance to do something interesting with him. I still think we need a recurring Wraith villian (not the hybrid Michael) - like Ba'al over on SG1. Makes the enemy so much more interesting.

Comment

As an avid James supporter I'm disapointed he wasn't cast as Michael - but with how much I can't stand that episode and its implications I'm also glad he wasn't cast as Michael.
                            Hes been totally wasted in some of the episodes hes been in; not even getting a line. So much potential TPTB wasted.

And I completly agree about a recurring villian; if only Steve had escaped
                            Ses

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                              I still think we need a recurring Wraith villian (not the hybrid Michael) - like Ba'al over on SG1. Makes the enemy so much more interesting.
                              I agree. I would much prefer a wraith villain. What I found disappointing about the episode Michael in particular was the fact that they had to (vague spoilers for Michael)
                              Spoiler:
                              turn a wraith human in order to make him a sympathetic character. Rather than getting any insight into wraith life and society we saw a wraith-turned-human being confused and angry for an hour.
                              I'm not entirely sure if that makes sense. I just felt that it made the character seem less like a genuine wraith. A wasted opportunity in my opinion.

I'm sorry they didn't give James the part. I'm not an avid fan not having seen any of his other work. However, anyone who can act so well through all that make up must have quite a bit of talent. It's a shame they wasted him on mediocre two minute villains.

Comment

Makes perfect sense; one of the reasons I dislike Michael too.

Originally posted by vee
                                I'm not an avid fan not having seen any of his other work.
                                If you are really interested; http://www.somethingcool.ca/backissues/022105/
                                scroll down a little, and on the right you can download one of his short films: Cowboy. Its funny and you get a taste of how a truely great actor he is
                                Ses

Comment

Working...
                                X