• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of those promo things

argh, what possessed me to come into this thread? MCWEIR

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
      I love Beckett. I just see him as being a little too sweet and sensitive for Weir! I don't know why.. She seems way tougher than him!
      Heh, you have a point. Though, we haven't really seen much of Carson - something tells me that living on Atlantis for a couple years will toughen him up Oh! I almost forgot. There's a spoiler around for the rest of S2,
      Spoiler:
      that Elizabeth and Carson turn dark by the end. Should be interesting!

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
      I do like the idea of Elizabeth and Carson but they don't have too many scenes together so there's not much to work with. I did like their quiet scene in the infirmary in Hive.
      I agree; they don't have nearly enough scenes together! I haven't seen "The Hive", but you've got me intrigued now!

Originally posted by HyperCaz
      One of those promo things

<snipped >

argh, what possessed me to come into this thread? MCWEIR
      Yay pictures! I love the second one. And welcome; I usually don't venture out of the M/W thread myself . Here's a little non-spoilery picture from "Instinct" for you all!:

Comment

*runs screaming into mcweir thread*

Comment

Originally posted by LittleKnux2008
          Heh, you have a point. Though, we haven't really seen much of Carson - something tells me that living on Atlantis for a couple years will toughen him up Oh! I almost forgot. There's a spoiler around for the rest of S2,
          Spoiler:
          that Elizabeth and Carson turn dark by the end. Should be interesting!
          That is also something that only the two of them would understand because the others woudn't understand and I think could/would bring them closer together.

Visit the stargate_pad LJ community; a pairing a day for the stargate fandom.

Comment

I am not the only one! Yeah! I thought something was wrong with me. I have to agree that there isn't much to work with with these two. So I don't see it as an actual ship but more as a potential ship. As for the statement that Carson is too weak for Elizabeth..... Carson has an inner strength just like Elizabeth and he is definitely getting tougher as the show progresses. How else is he supposed to handle being in another galaxy and the exotic dieses no doubt heading his way? Not to mention the wraith! Just signing up for this job took courage. Carson is one of those rare nice guys that actually deserves a great woman like Elizabeth.

As a Teyla/John shipper myself. I have to say there is no grand conspiracy to hook Elizabeth up with other guys so John could be free for Teyla. I actually believe that there could be the potential for an actual relationship here. Besides from the look of it I am the only Teyla/John shipper here and while some of the other Teyla/John shippers are Mcweirs most don't ship Weir at all at least not to my knowledge. Besides how can you be sure it is the Teyla/John shippers who have the conspiracy? It could be the Mcwiers who have the conspiracy! Trying to hook up John with others to leave Elizabeth for Rodney!

Comment

I am guilty of both ways, as a mcweir and sheyla shipper. they go hand in hand

a lil pic for this thread - Epiphany:

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3928/weckettb3ib.jpg

Comment

i thought that i might just pop in over he and see what was happening here... my first time in this thread and i think that i will like it... you guys seem to be really nice here...
                gotta go to bed now.... have fun everyone!!!!!
                ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Wonderful fic! Unrequited agnst! GOTTA LOVE IT!

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                    I don't think the other Weir ships are secretly Shep/Teyla agenda ships at all! The Weir/Kav ship is more of a joke like Sam/Thor but I do see legitimate potential with Weir/Zelenka and Weir/Beckett. Heck, I also see potential for Weir/Caldwell and I know there are people that honestly dig Weir/Ronan (though I'm not quite there yet). People are going to ship what they like - it's not a grand conspiracy to take down Shep/Weir.

I do like the idea of Elizabeth and Carson but they don't have too many scenes together so there's not much to work with. I did like their quiet scene in the infirmary in Hive.
                    Weir/Kav can only be explained by one thing--intoxication!!!! Anyway, I enjoy reading alot of these threads and these ships can be enjoyed as friendships--even if not in a romantic way. I think there are generally a lot of ship threads for "interesting" pairings. I think Beckett's character is great. While I can't really see that "ship" there--I almost feel like Weir depends on him in a way. She believes he can solve any problem. I think the nature of their relationship really came out in "Conversion". That ep is one of the reasons he will figure heavily into the fic I'm working on. Anyway, have fun and great pics!

Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

I am guilty of both ways, as a mcweir and sheyla shipper. they go hand in hand

a lil pic for this thread - Epiphany:

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3928/weckettb3ib.jpg
                      As a fellow Sheyla shipper I invite you over to the Shep/Teyla thread. We can always use more of us there. Come on by! We don't bite! Puts left hand over heart holds up right hand...... I promise.

I love the pic!

Comment

Originally posted by ubiquitous
                        That is also something that only the two of them would understand because the others woudn't understand and I think could/would bring them closer together.
                        Exactly!

Originally posted by Black Panther
                        I am not the only one! Yeah! I thought something was wrong with me. I have to agree that there isn't much to work with with these two. So I don't see it as an actual ship but more as a potential ship. As for the statement that Carson is too weak for Elizabeth..... Carson has an inner strength just like Elizabeth and he is definitely getting tougher as the show progresses. How else is he supposed to handle being in another galaxy and the exotic dieses no doubt heading his way? Not to mention the wraith! Just signing up for this job took courage. Carson is one of those rare nice guys that actually deserves a great woman like Elizabeth.
                        They haven't really had a lot of screen time together, so I agree with the potential ship v. actual ship. What we've gotten of those two is amazing though. It does show that Elizabeth depends on Carson, and also that they have a friendship - like in "Hide and Seek" when Elizabeth told Carson her idea about the personal shield. They seem to have a natural friendly bond between them whenever they speak, even if it's not blasted through like the McKay/Sheppard friendship. (Not that I dislike it! Just meant that Elizabeth and Carson's is more subtle).

I agree about Carson's getting stronger too. He seems like one of those people who are pretty laid back but have that inner strength in him. I'd go on, but I'd probably just be repeating the same thing over and over again.

It could be the Mcwiers who have the conspiracy! Trying to hook up John with others to leave Elizabeth for Rodney!
                        You caught us! Kidding, kidding...

Originally posted by gatelover12
                        Wonderful fic! Unrequited agnst! GOTTA LOVE IT!
                        Thanks!

Originally posted by Royal Nonesuch
                        Weir/Kav can only be explained by one thing--intoxication!!!! Anyway, I enjoy reading alot of these threads and these ships can be enjoyed as friendships--even if not in a romantic way. I think there are generally a lot of ship threads for "interesting" pairings. I think Beckett's character is great. While I can't really see that "ship" there--I almost feel like Weir depends on him in a way. She believes he can solve any problem. I think the nature of their relationship really came out in "Conversion". That ep is one of the reasons he will figure heavily into the fic I'm working on. Anyway, have fun and great pics!
                        Totally agree. And I can't wait to read your fic!

If, in some alternate reality , TPTB actually went for this ship, I do think it'd be better than some of the ships. Now, don't get me wrong. I love McKay/Weir through and through, and the other major ships are nice, but the thing is that those very large ships would be such a large change for the show. Most of the popular ships - Shep/Weir, Teyla/Shep, McKay/Weir and even Ronon/Teyla - use the main characters that are seen every episode and are focused around them. As much as I love Carson, though he is a regular now, so far his role isn't as encompassing as theirs. So, before I started rambling, I had a point. If any of those pairings came true on the show, there would have to be episodes and episodes dedicated to setting it up, problems, then anti-shippers being annoyed with it -- a subtle ship that could be just something on the side instead of a main focus of the show would be nice, and I think Carson/Liz could be that. (And now, back to this reality... )

Comment

Originally posted by LittleKnux2008
                          If, in some alternate reality , TPTB actually went for this ship, I do think it'd be better than some of the ships. Now, don't get me wrong. I love McKay/Weir through and through, and the other major ships are nice, but the thing is that those very large ships would be such a large change for the show. Most of the popular ships - Shep/Weir, Teyla/Shep, McKay/Weir and even Ronon/Teyla - use the main characters that are seen every episode and are focused around them. As much as I love Carson, though he is a regular now, so far his role isn't as encompassing as theirs. So, before I started rambling, I had a point. If any of those pairings came true on the show, there would have to be episodes and episodes dedicated to setting it up, problems, then anti-shippers being annoyed with it -- a subtle ship that could be just something on the side instead of a main focus of the show would be nice, and I think Carson/Liz could be that. (And now, back to this reality... )
                          I agree. The fraternization rules don't apply here like with the others. Which just dealing with that would take up either one whole episode or the good part of many episodes and you know that wouldn't be the end of it. It would be an issue that would just keeping popping up. Elizabeth/Carson would be a nice relationship that would occasionally come up but not run the risk of overtaking the show.

Comment

there's a lot of tender moments between weir and beckett, but i dunno about ship

Comment

there's a lot of tender moments between weir and beckett, but i dunno about ship

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/7613/weckett45it.jpg
                              Our view point here is that this would make a good ship. We don't believe it is an actual ship but an overlooked potential ship. They do look cute together don't they, and their interaction is wonderful.

Comment

Have a fic to point out, it's actually gen but you could read Beckett/Weir into it if you wanted to.

Tainted (Rated Teen - with Critical Mass spoilers) - on wraithbait, LJ and ff.net

Comment

Working...
                                X