This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuke the Genii!

I'm not sure if I stand alone here or not, but I find the Genii to be an extraordinary annoyance in the Atlantis series. I'm sure their purpose is to help "propel the story" however, their constant badgering of Atlantis team makes me feel that slightly less than our "best and brightest" where sent on the expedition. In addition, I find the "Captain Janeway" "Lets be friends" treatment of their numerous assaults pathetic. A large reason I got into the Stargate series in the first place, is the shows diversion from the typical warm and fuzzy "lets talk things out" Star Trek way of dealing with confrontation.

Honestly, how many times do the Genii have to terrorize Atlantis before something is done about it? I say they take a jumper through the Genii gate and drop a naquadah enhanced nuclear weapon down the hole to their city and call it a day. Problem solved. No more terrorist attacks.

-Manimal

They're supposed to be annoying. Kind of a "thorn in the side" kind of enemy. I like that they're there because it shows that not everyone is friendly, even if you have the same enemy in the Wraith. Not everyone the Atlantis teams meet are going to welcome them with open arms.
    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger
      Not everyone the Atlantis teams meet are going to welcome them with open arms.
      Not meeting the SG-A team with open arms and premeditated assault are two entirely different things. In my eyes that's a declaration of war!

-Manimal

Comment

Have you seen 'The Seige Part II'? A whole new layer of complexity is added to the Atlantis/Genii relationship.

Personally, I want to see them stick around. There's a chance for a real cool friendly-enemies dynamic, where they'll help each other, but look for the first opportunity to stab the other in the back.

Spoiler:
        The Genii try that in 'The Seige Part II', but Weir talks them out of it. Or more accurately, she insults them into changing their minds.

a time to mourn

Comment

Once Atlantis gets the Daedalus or if the Asgard joins them, they could just beam away the Genii gate.

Comment

I would prefer to nuke them myself. The idea is just appealing, i hate those little annoying buggers.

Comment

yes lets nuke them. they are the only other humans we have met in the pegasus galaxy that are actually doing anything to try to fight back against the wraith. but lets nuke them. sure they have used us, but we have managed to get the uper hand. they are only concerned with saving their people. lets not try to reconcile with them and become allies or anything, lets just nuke the only other people fighting the wraith we have met. lets help the wraith out and nuke them, save the wraith a trip. its not like we dont need any help we can get, and need allies desperately, so lets just nuke anyone that resists us and opposes us because they feel its neccasary to save their people. yes thats a very humane thing to do, nuke all the innocent children and non combatants they have hidden in their city.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                Once Atlantis gets the Daedalus or if the Asgard joins them, they could just beam away the Genii gate.
                Ya, they should go on a gate collection spree! go to every world known to have orbital gates and, beam them away!

And then, go to all the planets, and put their gates realy close to mountains or put a big huge metal block very clost to the gate. Just far enough so a Puddlejumper can slowly come in and do a vertical climb. But when the wraith come in at high speed, they slam into the mountain or metal block!

Parap pup pup paaa ... I'm Lovin' It!

Comment

Regarding the Genii, I would just steal all their nukes.

Then beam up their leaders and say... We have your nukes. We want to give them back to you. Lets talk.

Comment

i dont think the whole race is like those you wish to nuke.
                    i am content with just capturing and executing all of the ones that support the attack on atlantis. the people are desperate to defend themselves against beings that want to kill them. although their methods are wrong, their intentions are right.
                    we should have their government encarcerate all of the guilty and then open up channels of communication bw them and us.

share technology and etc.
                    Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
                    Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

@TheObiJuan:

So you support the excution of someone who is merely desperate and misguided ?

Comment

Originally posted by Manimal
                        I'm not sure if I stand alone here or not, but I find the Genii to be an extraordinary annoyance in the Atlantis series. I'm sure their purpose is to help "propel the story" however, their constant badgering of Atlantis team makes me feel that slightly less than our "best and brightest" where sent on the expedition. In addition, I find the "Captain Janeway" "Lets be friends" treatment of their numerous assaults pathetic. A large reason I got into the Stargate series in the first place, is the shows diversion from the typical warm and fuzzy "lets talk things out" Star Trek way of dealing with confrontation.

Honestly, how many times do the Genii have to terrorize Atlantis before something is done about it? I say they take a jumper through the Genii gate and drop a naquadah enhanced nuclear weapon down the hole to their city and call it a day. Problem solved. No more terrorist attacks.

-Manimal
                        The Genii suck.

Comment

ok, i just have to say that the thread title is hilarious!! dunno why, either, but i love it

that said, i think the genii are annoying in a fun bad guy kind of way! still, i second the idea to beam away their gate

Comment

Originally posted by WormholeAlien
                            @TheObiJuan:

So you support the excution of someone who is merely desperate and misguided ?
                            When their "desperation" means they want to kill you, yes.

Maybe there are some more creative ways in dealing with the Genii, but all in all Wayne Brady should have guest Starred on SG-A instead of SG-1 so that he could choke a b***. (The Genii)

Comment

The Genii are really starting to drive me up the wall, there's foot print on my wall next to my TV! I mean, SG-1 never had a secondary enemy who's popped up as often as the Genii have so far. At least the Replicaters had an edge over Earth, but the Genii just get in the way rather than threaten us.
                              WEIR: I'm still trying to understand, how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony

MCKAY: Oh, believe me that's not the first thing we tried.

SHEPPARD: I shot him.... In the leg.

WEIR:

Comment

Working...
                              X