X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Staff Weapons

Ok, right.
    Why on earth didn't they staff weapons and Zat's etc to atlantis! I mean, in certain situations, can't think of any at this point in time but... I'm just not sure why they didn't. Also, they don't seem to use Wraith weapons half as much as they use Goul'd weapons in SG-1.
    WEIR: I'm still trying to understand, how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony

MCKAY: Oh, believe me that's not the first thing we tried.

SHEPPARD: I shot him.... In the leg.

WEIR:

OMG how many times do people have to say thins. They want to keep the 2 shows seperate so no gouald weaponry
    Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
    McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

The main reason is most prob the lack of staff's, zats on earth so we cant spare any. Or the military people in charge thought we would find Ancient weapons. Or another reason is they didnt know about the wraith and didnt think we would have to fight a enemy worse than the Goa'uld so they thought why give Scientists and a few military people some of the most rarest weapons on earth for no reason? Or because the P90 is way better than a Staff weapon (maybe not a zat on 'stealthy' missions but yeah lol)...Those are just a few reasons

Comment

Originally posted by Steam
        OMG how many times do people have to say thins. They want to keep the 2 shows seperate so no gouald weaponry
        I know the real life version but there isn't really any reason in the story line... Except for WA's reason
        WEIR: I'm still trying to understand, how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony

WEIR:

Comment

Most likly WA's Reason
          Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
          McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

Another reason might be that they didn't know how the technology would react/work in Alantis. Many places have deactivated Goa'uld and other weapondry. So why take Goa'uld weapons if they might not work, whre as Earth weapon have usually been unaffected and they have a lot more to spare.

Comment

they probably don't use wraith weapons that much because local humans on pegasus planets wouldn't react to well to humans with wraith weapons and also imo they look a bit stupid and plasticky

Comment

Originally posted by paul
                they probably don't use wraith weapons that much because local humans on pegasus planets wouldn't react to well to humans with wraith weapons and also imo they look a bit stupid and plasticky
                Heh, yeh i am a bit disappointed with the wraith weapons, i thought they'd look a bit better...

WEIR:

Comment

They brought P90s tho ??

Stargate is practically the poster child for P90.
                  The Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father

Comment

The Atlantis expedition probably did take a few Zats and Staffs, but not enough to equip a team with.

End Transmission.
                    End Transmission.

Comment

Despite the desire to keep the two shows separate, it would have made sense to bring Goa'ould staffs and zats. After all, the Atlantis team would ultimately run out of ammo for their P90s. Staffs and Zats don't require ammunition, but submachine guns do. Eventually they would run out of bullets unless able to recieve supplies form Earth (which we now know will happen, but they didn't when they left Earth)

Comment

Staff weapons suck, as shown in "The Warrior."

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                          Staff weapons suck, as shown in "The Warrior."
                          I'll second that. They're inaccurate over any kind of range, and they're unweildy in close quarters combat. The P90 is compact and better suited for indoor or outdoor firefights. And it just makes more sense to take your own weapon than one somebody else built, which you don't fully understand.

In addition, the majority of seized wepaons would likely be shipped back to the rebel Jaffa.

a time to mourn

Comment

All of the military personel are experienced and have trained with standard weapons like the P-90. some of them probably haven't even picked up a staff or zat before ...

but i gotta admit its stupid not to take these ... i was going to post this topic earlier actually ...

by the way, the p90 is great ... when i first played farcry and saw that i just picked up a P90 i was well pleased ... i felt safe from the bad guys with it

Comment

I understand the reason for not taking staff weapons, I mean they do suck unless you've spent a good 100 years training with them (which i think is more time than any member of the atlantis expedition are willing to put in) But Zat's are the only good way of disabling someone easily without killing em...

(How many shots do you think it would take to kill a wraith with a Zat?)

WEIR:

Comment

Working...
                              X