Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The X-302 was destroyed along with the stargate in redemption. If you look the wings are different.

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

They could easily build a military base on the mainland, from which 302's could be stored. Well, not easily, but it may be possible. And it would be good if they could backward engineer a PJ and create a new class of tau'ri vessel based on a PJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
        Still, they could be a good interdiction force against smaller Wraith raids. However, I think Atlantis could better use a proper surface-to-air missle system. Imagine how a system of Patriot missle launches could have helped wear down the Wriath darts in 'Seige part II' long before they got into firing range.
        Oh yes, definately. Hell they could even get some MANPADs (stinger's etc) instead of AT-4's for close in air defence.

Wouldn't it be nice if the Asgard or someone were kind enough to beam in a couple Aegis cruisers to help defend Atlantis Actually, considering that the F-302's have STOL capability, surely it shouldn't be that hard to design a Naval variant of it. Now just beam in a Carrier and the air-strip problem is gone

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
          Oh yes, definately. Hell they could even get some MANPADs (stinger's etc) instead of AT-4's for close in air defence.

Wouldn't it be nice if the Asgard or someone were kind enough to beam in a couple Aegis cruisers to help defend Atlantis Actually, considering that the F-302's have STOL capability, surely it shouldn't be that hard to design a Naval variant of it. Now just beam in a Carrier and the air-strip problem is gone
          Thor's Towing Service?

I hadn't considered the new rail guns as an option for the -302s, good call Fox. Those things were very effective against the darts, mounting a single gun on the -302 would be a big boost to its combat capabilities. Or mount a couple of staff weapons into each wing, for a vintage WWII dogfighter feel.

a time to mourn

Comment

302 Would Be Good But There Weapsons Are No Match Agianst Puddle Jumpers And Wraith Darts

Comment

As much as I love the F-302s, I want them to stay far, far away from Atlantis. The Deadalus, too.

Those are SG-1 toys, and I rather enjoy having Atlantis related to, but not directly copying, the original. Atlantis is, to me, about humans learning to use the tools and equipment the Ancients so carefully left behind for us, not about how much human stuff can we cram into that city (albeit a rather large city).

Plus, I want nothing to do with the Deadalus or even an Ancient battlecruiser. Because the show would become too much like Star Trek. The show is called "Stargate" not "Starship". Leave the ships out of it and keep the gate in.

Besides, where would they get all the people to crew that ship? With Atlantis' mortality rate, they wouldn't be able to keep it active for very long...
              sigpic
              http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

some more ships would definately be nice.. SG1 should try and steal some goa'uld ships and send them through the gate in pieces and send some instructions to put them back together in atlantis.. a few cloked al'keshes would be cool.. death gliders..
                i know that there are WAY more Wraith ships but a couple more ships with some good pilots could really help.. it will be interesting to see how some battles go...
                I am JJ, the Supreme Commander of the Furling Fleet!!!!

Comment

forget runways, I say attach pontuns to the 302 and use the ocean as a runway!
                  Adam:"I reject your reality and subisute myown."

O'Neill:
                  "IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BACKSWING?!"

Carter:
                  "It took us 15 years and 3 supercomputers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth."

CARTER: You made [this]?
                  ORLIN: You wouldn't believe the things you could make from the common simple idems lying around your planet. Which reminds me...you're going to need a new microwave.

Weir: You destroyed 3/4 of a solar system!
                  McKay: Actually 5/6, its not an extact science.

Slashdot:
                  "Well railguns are neat and all, but I'm still not joining the Army until they invent the respawn point."

Comment

Originally posted by Thor's Pal
                    forget runways, I say attach pontoons to the 302 and use the ocean as a runway!
                    As we say in my part of the world - sod that for a game of soldiers!

Send for Joe "Sky Captain" Sullivan and his Flying Legion!
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I do not think we will see 302, with the possible expection of the 1st esp of Season 2.

What I wonder, is the level of understanding the wraith have of the common Anicent Tech, such as the Stargate, their darts have a DHD built into them.

If Puddle Jumpers were transports, what were their fighters like? Imagine what they would pack, the kind of shields and weapons would make the PJ pilots wet their pants.

Comment

The 302's would be great in atlantis, IF they could only build a runway or somthing, I liked the idea of a runway or base on the mainland, like our sort of military outpost.

Comment

I don't think the 302's would help at all. The wraith darts seem to be able to destroy the jumpers (if they hit them) just as easily as the jumpers can destroy the darts. Now, if the wraith darts can destroy Ancient ships, what good would our humble little 302s be against them? Not to mention i think its a safe bet to assume the darts are not only more maneuverable than the 302s, but also better armed and come in greater numbers. 302s would be nothing but target practice.

What Atlantis needs is to find the old jumper factory. (there has to be one somewhere! Atlantis is not just a city, it was the center of the Ancient presence in Pegasus, it has to have some kind of ship production or repair facility to be able to serve that role)

Thats my opinion on this matter, yep yep.

Comment

Originally posted by Tain
                            I don't think the 302's would help at all. The wraith darts seem to be able to destroy the jumpers (if they hit them) just as easily as the jumpers can destroy the darts. Now, if the wraith darts can destroy Ancient ships, what good would our humble little 302s be against them? Not to mention i think its a safe bet to assume the darts are not only more maneuverable than the 302s, but also better armed and come in greater numbers. 302s would be nothing but target practice.
                            The -302s have one big advantage over the darts: the AMRAAM missiles can engage targets 20+ miles away. They can shoot down Darts before the Wriath know they're there. I seriously doubt the Darts pack any kind of countermeasures, either.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                              The -302s have one big advantage over the darts: the AMRAAM missiles can engage targets 20+ miles away. They can shoot down Darts before the Wriath know they're there. I seriously doubt the Darts pack any kind of countermeasures, either.
                              True, however consider this: The wraith are a species not hundreds, but thousands of years ahead of the technology behind that missle. I would be very suprised if they didn't have some kind of passive, or even active, countermeasure system to deafeat such a primitive threat. Heck, i wouldn't be suprised if the wraith darts could actuallly outmaneuver and outrun the missles themselves.

Comment

when the 303 comes there will be at least 8 of them.
                                "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity."
                                - Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X