This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gatelover12
    I know awile back I started a teyla appreciation thread in gen. disc. but it died . she's my fave atlantis personality! I hope TPTB do something with her.
    Why do you like her so much dude?

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
      Why do you like her so much dude?
      she has so many possibilities! AND she kicks major (removed to keep forum pg-ified)

Comment

I think the good thing about Teyla is that she's an idealist. Whereas almost everyone else is practical in their outlook on life in the Pegasus galaxy, she has an amazing spin on life even though she has had the threat of the Wraith hanging over her for her entire life. I do think she has been extremely underused but the only problem I have with Teyla is that she always wants to prove that she has a higher moral code than the Atlantis team. I wouldn't mind this but it highlights many of the problems of humans as a whole, which is slightly uncomforting as many people do actually have these charactistics in everyday life.
        The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
        The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
        Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
        Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
        An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
        Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

TBH i aint gonna read whole thread, but she is damn FINE
          Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
          McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

Teyla is HOT.... enough said

Comment

I posted this on the Teyla appreciation thread but I decided to post it here too as it's kind of relevant to the discussion.

At the beginning of the series I didn't really know what to make of Teyla but as the series has progressed I've found the character growing to be more likeable and I now enjoy watching her in the show. I feel that she's been so underused though and that has been such a shame and I think it's why people have taken so long to warm to her. We haen't really been given a chance to see much development and that's something that I hope will change because there's so many potential storylines to be explored from the developements in Teylas character that we learned about in The Gift, to what could be exploredabout the Athosian culture and their past, to how Teyla is dealing with being torn between her people and the Earth group.

From watching The Gift i've now seen how talented an actress Rachel Luttrell is. Both she and Teyla have so much potential and they deserve to be utilised a lot more than they have been in the first season. Teyla's got a really interesting character arc to be explored and Rachel has the ability to bring so much to the role and I just don't think that she's been given a chance to do that just yet although in The Gift she did a kick ass job. Yes Rachels really attractive but she's also a talented actress who deserves to be given as much of a chance to show off her talent as the other cast members who are also an amazing group of actors.

I hope in season 2 that we see a lot more of Teyla in more and more storylines that Rachel can really shine in. Teylas kick ass and we need to see a lot more of that!

Lucy

Comment

Originally posted by lucylou
                I posted this on the Teyla appreciation thread but I decided to post it here too as it's kind of relevant to the discussion.

At the beginning of the series I didn't really know what to make of Teyla but as the series has progressed I've found the character growing to be more likeable and I now enjoy watching her in the show. I feel that she's been so underused though and that has been such a shame and I think it's why people have taken so long to warm to her. We haen't really been given a chance to see much development and that's something that I hope will change because there's so many potential storylines to be explored from the developements in Teylas character that we learned about in The Gift, to what could be exploredabout the Athosian culture and their past, to how Teyla is dealing with being torn between her people and the Earth group.

From watching The Gift i've now seen how talented an actress Rachel Luttrell is. Both she and Teyla have so much potential and they deserve to be utilised a lot more than they have been in the first season. Teyla's got a really interesting character arc to be explored and Rachel has the ability to bring so much to the role and I just don't think that she's been given a chance to do that just yet although in The Gift she did a kick ass job. Yes Rachels really attractive but she's also a talented actress who deserves to be given as much of a chance to show off her talent as the other cast members who are also an amazing group of actors.

I hope in season 2 that we see a lot more of Teyla in more and more storylines that Rachel can really shine in. Teylas kick ass and we need to see a lot more of that!

Lucy
                *sniffle* that was beautiful!

Comment

Hehe thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X