Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old Weir played by Battlestar Galactica's President? SPOILER?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to mention the bod...that is one old lady who sure aged well
    May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

^ lol.... indeed... i hope I look that good at 10,000

Comment

Make-up has got better. A few years ago whenever anyone was 'aged' with latex and whatnot they always looked fake cos their faces looked hard and stiff instead of soft like real skin is; their cheeks didn't move at all even when they smiled or spoke. I didn't think that was so bad this time around with Weir.

Madeleine

Comment

At first, I didn't think it was Torri Higginson, mainly because Old Weir has blue eyes, and young Weir has brown eyes. I guess they used contacts, but I don't really get why.
          Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
            At first, I didn't think it was Torri Higginson, mainly because Old Weir has blue eyes, and young Weir has brown eyes. I guess they used contacts, but I don't really get why.
            I think it was to imply cataracts.

-IMF
            "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
            "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
            BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich
              ^ lol.... indeed... i hope I look that good at 10,000
              Well, it's what Sheppard said... "She doesn't look a day over 9,000."

I think Torri did a fabulous job with the voice as well.
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by sharky277
                I have a hunch that the 10,000 year old weir was played by the Madam President from BSG. I think the voice sounds the same as well as the way she spoke. Anyone else think so?
                Before I found out it was T.H., I thought the same thing. So you were not alone thinking that. It was the voice. Freaky how similar they sound (mostly during the preview clips). But her mannerisms were a dead giveaway it was really T.H.

Comment

^ personally i thought immediately it was TH cuz of her face shape but i suppose i can see based on voice that it might sound like the chic from BSG...

and i thought she did a great job with the voice too!! i suppose the fact that some folks didn't know right off the bat it was TH is a testament to that!! she really only sounded like young weir a few times... old voice is one thing that some actors aren't that good at even if they can get the mannerisms down... but she did a great job

Comment

I wonder why this thread still exists. It's been established that Mary McDonnel, the BSG President, did NOT play Old Dr. Weir. Mary McDonnel did play the mom in Donny Darko, the white chick raised by Indians in Dances with Wolves, and the President's wife in Independence Day.

Comment

Torri was really great in this episode playing the older Weir. I think she did an amazing job. It was most definately her playing that role. I don't think it would have been as good if anyone else had done it.

Lucy

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                        I thought Weir has green eyes normally and that the brown eyes was to do with the very yellow/brown tone of lighting and Altantean lab she was in.

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
                          I wonder why this thread still exists. It's been established that Mary McDonnel, the BSG President, did NOT play Old Dr. Weir. Mary McDonnel did play the mom in Donny Darko, the white chick raised by Indians in Dances with Wolves, and the President's wife in Independence Day.
                          She did? wow. never realised any of those since I never looked her up on IMDB - nice to know.
                          Anyway, the thread has gone a bit off topic but it's still about SGa season and Weir in BIS so does it matter too much?
                          Last edited by Purpleyin; 20 February 2005, 08:57 AM.

Comment

I thought Torri did an *AMAZING* job as Old Weir -- I always liked her before but after this ep I gained new respect for her acting abilities. I was quite stunned to find out it was her.

Regarding her eyes, I had come to the conclusion that they are green (I was debating about hazel, i.e. brownish green, but I decided on green) and I believe the way her eyes look as Old Weir is just part of aging. I know lots of old ladies who had brown or whatever eyes when they were younger that have now become bluish-violet. I'm not sure what causes the change but it's pretty common.

Comment

Old Weir was Torri. Some folks just don't want to admit Torri is a GOOD actress!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Torri was great in this ep. I had been keeping an eye on the Gateworld spoilers, and from the description I wasn't looking forward to it very much. It turned out ot be one of my favorites of the season. Of course, the great story, witty dialogue, and masterful pacing and direction helped too.

a time to mourn

Comment

Working...
                                X