Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That music was great. Lets hope that is the new introduction music of Atlantis
    __

__

Comment

Next time you say something is boring at least know what you mean. You thought the motion control shot of the headmask of ra was boring. I can understand why you might think that.
      I said it wasn't just the theme music, I still think the theme music is boring and that the headmask didn't help much, perhaps it's because i've seen the theme so many times, I can't remember what I thought of it the first time I saw it.
      Last edited by ReplicatorX; 07 May 2004, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ReplicatorX
        I can't remember what I thought of it the first time I saw it.
        I thought it was great for the movie, but got old fast for the TV series. They certainly did need something to grab the audience more. Enterprise might not have the great opening, but is somewhat drawing. I hope Atlantis is updated.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeDeuxPointZero
          Haha... just as long as it's not like the theme song from Infinity!
          Thank you so much for reminding me
          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I vote for bringing back David Arnold to do the Atlantis theme. He nailed it for Stargate the movie and for Independence Day. I cant see him doing any wrong if he were given the chance to do the Atlantis theme.

Comment

David Arnold would be nice.

It should have a grand and mysterious feeling to it. Something like TNG and Voyager, with a little mix of the Frank Herbert's Dune music (Dune music had a grand and epic feeling to it.)

No computer generated garbage. It should be done with a real orchastra.
              Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
              Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
              Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
              Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
              Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
              Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
              Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Originally posted by KayMan2k
                I thought it was great for the movie, but got old fast for the TV series. They certainly did need something to grab the audience more. Enterprise might not have the great opening, but is somewhat drawing. I hope Atlantis is updated.
                So let me get this straight... they took the Ra's mask thing and used it for the intro for the ENTIRE FIRST 5 SEASONS???? Wow... now I'm incredibly glad they changed it for SciFi... I was wondering why it looked like that in my "Children of the Gods" download...

EDIT: thought I'd say my own opinion of the SG-1 theme. I think it is perfect... it's an excellent cutting of the movie theme (which I don't like in its entirety, honestly...) and it works well with the images used on SciFi. Also, I forgot to comment on that comment about Enterprise's theme. I love that theme (the seasons 1 and 2 version was better, though), and with those historical videos in the background, it's just so very inspiring... I love it!
                Last edited by JakeDeuxPointZero; 09 May 2004, 06:44 PM. Reason: just... adding something... don't wanna spam...
                Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

Originally posted by ReplicatorX
                  I said it wasn't just the theme music, I still think the theme music is boring and that the headmask didn't help much, perhaps it's because i've seen the theme so many times, I can't remember what I thought of it the first time I saw it.
                  It's not just a theme, it's an entire score.

I remember when I first heard the score in the movie. I thought it was inspiring! I still love to listen to it. I miss that they don't use the themes from the score in the show as frequently now. I don't know why.

Remember the Ra theme? It's really scary. The romance theme reminds me a little of John Williams/Max Steiner. I also love the Jaffa theme. It reminds me of that "OEO" thing in "The Wizard of Oz" But then that's the point, creating a score is like creating a subliminal language for the film , or show.

A TV show is lucky to get a score like that. I doubt they can spend that kind of money for "Atlantis". But maybe we'll be lucky.
                  Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Hopefully, the Atlantis theme will be a Joel Goldsmith theme. He's done some very lovely work, not only for this series, but a wide variety of other TV series as well, including a guilty pleasure of mine, the '94 TV series, "Hawkeye."

Joel uses a synthethizer a lot...wonder if he could an "underwater" echo to it?

Or he could put add an electronica rendtion to the Beatles' "Yellow Submarine."

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

The SG-1 theme only mix in some tribal drums and chimes. Maybe make the original theme a little darker...but dramatic.
                      It feels good to be alive.
                      Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Maybe they should just hire an entire orchestra, teach them to scuba dive, and get them to perform the SG1 theme under water. Wonder what that would sound like.
                        (runs upstairs to the bath, takes his violin with him)

Comment

Originally posted by Dibbs7
                          Maybe they should just hire an entire orchestra, teach them to scuba dive, and get them to perform the SG1 theme under water. Wonder what that would sound like.
                          LOL ... but it might work...no. violins under water would be difficult. Maybe whales singing it?
                          Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Whoever does it should come in with chanting along with the theme from Gustav Holst's Neptune, and then somehow blend in to the theme from the movie
                            Daniel: "A fool's heaven is a wise man's hell."
                            O'Niell: "...Never run with scissors..."

APOPHIS SAYS: "Walk like an Egyptian!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dibbs7
                              Naw, I think that that would be too 'wet' for my likes.
                              Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                              Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                              Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                              Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                              Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                              Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                              Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Originally posted by David
                                What do you hope for in the new opening theme to Atlantis?

I'd be OK with just about anything, as long as it isn't a reuse of a Rod Stewart song.
                                As long as it isn't RDA's theme song per the Lowdow...the circus music.
                                Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Working...
                                X