Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGA Season Six and SGU S3 Comics (American Mythology)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering the petition to bring back SGU to television hit over 100k signatures I wouldn't be so sure of the doom and gloom just yet. There are plenty of fans who would love to see it return, admittedly they may not be so thrilled with a comic book adaptation but I think there are plenty of fans who want more regardless of the medium.

The Kickstarter's main problem is simply the lack of awareness in the mainstream fandom media. Neither MGM nor Syfy have covered the fact that this exists. It's like Stargate is the forgotten child of MGM at least. Given the limited reach of the campaign I'd say it has done very well to reach both its initial goal and first stretch goal. Once the ball gets rolling and the series picks up more traction I doubt it will be doomed from the get go.

Comment

A double post, I know, but it's been two days so it's not that bad.

Now the Kickstarter only has $554 to go before it reaches the second stretch goal! I really hope it makes it that far with only 2 days left to go.

I was quite disappointed by the lukewarm, even cold response the project got on the Stargate subreddit. While the show runners are not involved that shouldn't make it any less worthy. I mean, Devlin and Emmerich weren't involved with SG-1, Atlantis and Universe and they're all still beloved. But I guess you can't please every body. I'm just so stoked that the campaign has gotten this far!

Comment

They broke $15,000!

Comment

Originally posted by Super Hive View Post
          I was quite disappointed by the lukewarm, even cold response the project got on the Stargate subreddit. While the show runners are not involved that shouldn't make it any less worthy. I mean, Devlin and Emmerich weren't involved with SG-1, Atlantis and Universe and they're all still beloved. But I guess you can't please every body. I'm just so stoked that the campaign has gotten this far!
          I'm actually surprised it's done this well. Stargate fans online seem to be very dismissive of anything that isn't the shows.

So glad they've at least cracked that second goal! Just hope the Universe one does as well!
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Yeah, I'm surprised as well after what the "fans" did to the Big Finish audios.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
              Yeah, I'm surprised as well after what the "fans" did to the Big Finish audios.
              What happened? I wasn't even aware of that the audio dramas existed until I saw them mentioned on the Reddit thread.

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
              Just hope the Universe one does as well!
              I actually have a feeling that the SGU kickstarter campaign, should there be one, will do just as well if not better than SGA's. I think this because there is still a good buzz around trying to get SGU back on TV and it's the more recent show that more people are aware of. It seems to have a more dedicated following than SGA at least.

Comment

Basically MGM promoted the third season of audio dramas on their Facebook page. It quickly turned into nothing but "fans" yelling about how horrible it was that MGM promoted this and didn't produce new TV shows instead. Third season didn't sell well and Big Finish said ok, we're done with this. Keep in mind these audio dramas had original cast members voicing their TV characters. I recommend finding them if you can.

Comment

It's all done. It's officially funded and reached the second stretch.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

It seems to have a more dedicated following than SGA at least.
                    LOL!!

You clearly weren't around when SGU was announced and Atlantis got cancelled.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I know that SGU was boycotted by people because it is basically the reason that SGA got cancelled. What I mean is that now when you compare the two shows SGU's audience seems to be more vocal in its desire for more Stargate. There was a petition that recently hit 100k signatures wanting SGU to come back. There was also a feature recently of shows that Netflix should pick up and SGU was high on that list.

I guess a reason for this is that SGU is fresher in people's minds. Stargate fans have probably accepted that more SGA is no longer a possibility, whereas more SGU is slightly more likely.

Hopefully the drive for more SGU will mean that the next Kickstarter will do as well or even better than SGA Season 6.

Comment

No, SGU wants more SGU... You must have missed the idea how they too crack down the whip on the Devlin & Emmerich Stargate project.

There's a difference between wanting more Stargate in general, and not care what comes back, and wanting SGU to come back. I'm in favor of more Stargate, whether that be SGA or SGU or Stargate in general -- however, when a kickstarter is needed to get the project rolling, I get suspicious.

Comment

When I said 'more Stargate' I meant more of the TV universe, not the Stargate reboot. SGU fans have showed how much they want more of it and hopefully they will support the comics project. The Kickstarters doesn't bother me in the slightest. They are a really cool way to get fans involved with the project and raise funds for it at the same time, especially since this is a newly formed company and just needs to find its footing.

I guess I'm not so pessimistic about the whole thing, but only time will tell whether or not my hope and support is well placed.

Comment

That's the problem - their website speaks of decades of experience. They would know what they were doing, especially with the people they have hired or have planned to hire. Hence, my suspicion.

Fans aren't enough to keep a show alive - even though we like to believe otherwise.

Comment

We don't know any of the specifics when it comes to the formation of American Mythology. All we know is that they needed the Kickstarter to help launch the comics. I personally think that we would have gotten at least one arc if the campaign hadn't been successful and then it would have been up to the sales to keep the series afloat or not. This way helps them in the long term which I have no problem with.

Plus, for me, being featured in one favourite series with a speaking role is a dream come true. If the Kickstarter was not a thing I wouldn't have been able to be a part of it so I'm super grateful that they used a platform where they could get fans involved.

Comment

We don't know any of the specifics when it comes to the formation of American Mythology.
                                They have a website - I checked and read all of the info on it.

Plus, for me, being featured in one favourite series with a speaking role is a dream come true. If the Kickstarter was not a thing I wouldn't have been able to be a part of it so I'm super grateful that they used a platform where they could get fans involved.
                                Okay, so you just admitted to spending 500$ on a kickstarter all for a "speaking role" in a comic book?

I guess, there are crazier ways to show the love for your favorite show... Wait, we build a lifesize Stargate... nevermind.

Edit: My immortalization in the fandom doesn't require a kickstarter... it only took a bit of critiqueing the way Stargate Atlantis season 4 and 5 went, and bam featured on the one and only blog of Joseph Mallozzi.
                                Mind you: not one of my proudest moments being in the same sentence as g.o.d. - I really wasn't that bad.
                                Last edited by Falcon Horus; 18 December 2015, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X