Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGA Season Six and SGU S3 Comics (American Mythology)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope so too! This is a public forum with 54,843 members, internationally, and we are trying to figure it out, so one can see how there is a lot of confusion, not just one or two people, and that we care.

Comment

I just checked the preliminary manifest for comics being released next week and American Mythology has Stargate Atlantis: Return to Pegasus #2 listed as coming out. This was originally solicited as being released in May, but at this point, I'll take two months late over never being released at all.

Fingers crossed that this happens.

Comment

Amazon has Stargate Atlantis: Return to Pegasus #2 up for pre-order for Kindle and comiXology. Release date is July 6th. Nice to have the Kindle option too.
        https://www.amazon.com/Stargate-Atla...E7M6XZM#navbar

Comment

Fantastic. Was starting to get a little worried. I've had worse Kickstarters though.
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I'm still a little worried. I checked the Twitter feed and Kickstarter this morning and haven't seen anything beyond issue #2 and see unrelated new Kickstarters for Star Trek and Days Missing. If I see something or get a response to my email, I will post. Fingers crossed until then.

Comment

I'm afraid they are going to stretch themselves too thin

Comment

Just got a Kickstarter email update...

SGA #2 is Out This Coming Week!
                Posted by American Mythology (Creator)
                Stargate Atlantis #2 is due out this week in comic shops on 7/6! We can't wait for everyone to see the next installment in this series and we are working very hard to get issue #3 out to press now as well.
                We are working with ComiXology to deliver the second digital issue to all of our supporters on the same day as print is available! Watch for an email with your exclusive redemption code coming this week from us.
                And we wanted you to know first about our upcoming follow up series - Stargate Atlantis Gateways #1 which will be in the August issue of Previews for October on sale. This new series continues the threads begun in SGA Back to Pegasus and expands in an awesome new direction. If you think of our series as "episodes" this would be the second "episode" of our run. We are really thrilled to be able to continue these stories for all of the SGA fans that helped us to make this possible. Thank you for supporting us and for giving us a chance as fans to make these stories for you.

Comment

Thanks, Lightsyder!

Comment

After rereading that email I wonder if they mean each "episode" will be three issues or issue three starts the gateways episode...

Comment

Sounds to me like each 3 issues form an episode.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                        Sounds to me like each 3 issues form an episode.
                        That's how I read it.

I'm assuming that the trades for this series will include two "episodes" or two three-issue limited series each, so six issues per trade paperback. Hopefully, American Mythology won't try to package trades that only contain 3 issues apiece; that would be a rotten value and discourage bookstore sales.

Comment

Yay, a sign of issue #3 - a tweet for artwork of the city of Atlantis:
                          https://twitter.com/MarkHaynes/statu...56343059304448

Comment

Read issue 2 on comixology. Wow, lots of stuff happened. I'm still not sure how I feel about it. Reading 1 and 2 back to back was better. Maybe just reading three issues at once will give that episode feel they are hoping for

Comment

"Wow, lots of stuff happened."

That was definitely one way to describe it! I'm not a massive fan of reviewing singles because you just don't have the whole picture. I will say I'm really looking forward to #3 to see where all this goes.
                              sigpic

Comment

Lol...I was being vague to avoid any spoilage.

Yeah, this issue really got me excited for 3. Much moreso than 1 did for 2.

My only concern is if three issues equal an episode then this is going to be a slow moving story. The second episode doesn't start until October.

Comment

Working...
                                X