Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weir isnt the offworld type in my opinion, and GH cant be on Atlantis because Sheppard is promoted to Colonel and but heads with the new Colonel for military control over Atlantis. Although he may captain the Daedalus, even if he is sent home again. lol.

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

We definitely do not need Weir going off-world.

Comment

Originally posted by Keffler
        and GH cant be on Atlantis because Sheppard is promoted to Colonel and but heads with the new Colonel for military control over Atlantis.
        Wouldn't GH solve that problem? He is a general after all.
        "The major difference between the thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

Comment

But it would take away the drama and conflict between shepp and Colonel Caldwell

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

Hammond getting permanent control of the Deadalus doesn't make sense. It's currently commanded by a Lt. Colonel. Hammond beigng assigned there would be a major demotion.
            I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Keffler
              But it would take away the drama and conflict between shepp and Colonel Caldwell
              Or not, they would keep on fighting and GH would make the decision

Originally posted by Avenger
              Hammond getting permanent control of the Deadalus doesn't make sense. It's currently commanded by a Lt. Colonel. Hammond beigng assigned there would be a major demotion.
              Well what I've read about the stories generals have told I bet he wouldn't consider that as a demotion. Going from a deskjob to commanding a starship, big demotion
              "The major difference between the thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

Comment

I was I have heard, the new commander showing up at Atlantis is not going to be General Hammond. I can't remember the actors name but he was the guy that play Skinner on X-Files...anyone else hear that as well? It was on the Gateworld Home page!

Comment

well I dont know if the episode with general hammond has been shown yet, but it leaves out the possibility that yes general hammond could be on atlantis, and I have to say no he wont be the cammander of atlantis but I think cammander of the daedalus

Comment

personally, I'd like to see Weir get to flex some of those international negotiating/language skills, and get her into a more of a Daniel Jackson type position on the SGA team rather than being simply an administrator so much.

So if its Hammond, perhaps he's a bit too much of a 'presence' but anything that gets Weir out and exploring more (if not simply Atlantis, than other Pegasus worlds) is good in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger
                      Hammond attempted to get to Atlantis on the Prometheus in Prometheus Unbound, I wouldn't be surprised if he tried again on the Daedalus, Hammond has done it before, he can do what he wants afterall.

Comment

My theory ....and ive seen every ep thats aired thanks to *cough* the net.

speculation /spoiler space

is that hammond will die.
                        Think about it a sec.
                        The daedlus shows up in atlantis. .. . in the middle of the attack on sga.
                        They with thier ZPM carry the day in the battle but the dadelus is damaged severely....or maybe they get the zpm to atlantis but without the boosted systems on the ship they fall to the last hive ship. Maybe even the zpm itself is partially damaged in a way that makes it worthless to dadeulus and they ring it down. I read somewhere that they will have a zpm sometime early in season 2. Hammond in command dies ...new colonel dies in the occupation of atlantis ...so shep is left back in command.... and think about it.....earth cant send another leader because the only known zpm is in atlantis.
                        Weir/shep back in command of atlantis with earth having no way of resupplying them again. Atlantis is running 1/3 power but enough to keep out the wraith.

Also look at the last few eps of sg1 and atlantis in UK....people are dying left and right.
                        I realy think this is the way it will go

sam
                        Last edited by sgafansam; 18 February 2005, 11:44 AM.
                        jake o'niel ".......bite me"

Mythbusters....."I reject your reality and arbitrarily substitute it with my own"

Comment

Hammond Can't die. He's an Ancient. Walking a thin line, thiner than OMa's

Hammond will not be on the daedalus, and he will not be with ground troops. Fro mwhaty I understand Daedalus survives because of Human Superiority over Ancients allows them to defeat Wraith. There will be another ranking military officer of Col. but I believe he is slightly higher rank.

Hammond is bound to make guest appearences on both SGA and SG1. But I'd like to see an Atlantis inwhich General Hammond took control for an episode or went on an away mission and had hand to hand combat with a Wraith.

Hammond = Ancient Explains why he's there for us. He whispers ideas about the gate into DJ and SC's ears each night.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

anybody get any updates on this
                            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                            love Torri

Comment

Working...
                            X