Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do the wraith have the reproduction ability ? ( Spoiler Discussion)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spg_1983
    ok ok ok, look im not saying she wasnt "feminine", she was played by a femal actor, so she had feminine characteristics. what im saying is, the wraith seem to have a much more complex gender structure than we do and it may be hasty to apply our gender terms and roles to them. they have the drones which most people seem to agree are asexual, gender neutral. we have seen the leader wraith's like steve and bob and the ones in in the finale, that apear male, and we have seen the keeper wraith who apeared female. but we still dont have a clear picture of how their society is structured or how they reproduce. personally i think it would be really awesome if TPTB would explore having the wraith's reproduction and sexuality be radically alien, instead of just using our species as a basis. personally i think all the wraith we have seen so far are neutral and the higher level wraith that were in hibernation, either breed, or there is a queen that lays all the eggs or larvae like bees. i dont have any actual proof, other than the fact that TPTB have made inferences several times by using bee-like terms.
    woah, do you mean like pollenation or something? That would be kinda cool I guess. Are you a bio major too?

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
      woah, do you mean like pollenation or something? That would be kinda cool I guess. Are you a bio major too?
      lol no not pollenation although i just had an awesome mental image of steve and bob frollicking through the flowers collevcting pollen. i mean basically that you have a central queen who lays eggs or larvae and all the wraith come from her. i havnt decided yet whether i like the idea of one queen giving birth to all of them, or a central queen who gives birth to sub queens that then each have their own hive ships. i also really like the idea of the wraith having a strict caste system, with specific "breeds" of wraith for different roles. we have seen the soldier drones, and the steve level wraiths that seem to be squad leaders of drones. i have this great idea of there being scientist wraith, and engineering wraith and building wraith, and etc, each still a wraith but each born with specific adaptations for their job, and all asexual, comming from their central queen.

Comment

lol no not pollenation although i just had an awesome mental image of steve and bob frollicking through the flowers collevcting pollen. i mean basically that you have a central queen who lays eggs or larvae and all the wraith come from her. i havnt decided yet whether i like the idea of one queen giving birth to all of them, or a central queen who gives birth to sub queens that then each have their own hive ships. i also really like the idea of the wraith having a strict caste system, with specific "breeds" of wraith for different roles. we have seen the soldier drones, and the steve level wraiths that seem to be squad leaders of drones. i have this great idea of there being scientist wraith, and engineering wraith and building wraith, and etc, each still a wraith but each born with specific adaptations for their job, and all asexual, comming from their central queen.
        man that's a great idea, it would be like they were bred for certain roles or occupations in their society. i hope they do it liek your idea. i am sick of every alien species being too "human". let's see something really, really different.

good theory/ideas dude. even tho the keeper doesnt get ya tentin'!

Comment

man that's a great idea, it would be like they were bred for certain roles or occupations in their society. i hope they do it liek your idea. i am sick of every alien species being too "human". let's see something really, really different.
          yeah im afraid of them falling into the old star trek trap. every "alien" was the same, just their noses or ears were different. stargate has been pretty good with haveing actual non human aliens (goa'uld, asgard, etc.) but even then the goa'uld are basically human. an alien species that is truly alien in every way compared to us would be awesome
          good theory/ideas dude. even tho the keeper doesnt get ya tentin'!
          oh god, dude that is just wrong, oh man

Comment

SHE had b00bs! She had mammaries dude. What more do ya need? Either she's a she or a fat dude!
            ROFLHAO
            "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

just because they look like breasts, doesnt mean they serve the same function. she is an alien from another galaxy who evolved from bugs, its a mistake to try to apply our biology to theirs

Un contraire Piere
              Spoiler:
              Episodes that have aired elsewhere, other than the US, explain that the Wraith are a combination of human DNA and bug DNA, but this occured naturally. So while they might reproduce sexually, just because they are part human, they might produce asexually, or by other means, such as a queen, because they aren't 100% human; 50% bug, 50% human.

Thus they have charecteristics of both.

Comment

Originally posted by Zelazny
                I'm theorizing that they are like bees, but with some differences. They may have more than just the one queen to reproduce, but I think the Wraith start as "larvae" and don't surface until they are at a certain stage, almost adult. You sure don't see any young kid Wraith running around, atleast we haven't been shown anything like that yet... The bee thing kind of makes sense as we have seen the equivelant of "drones" in those masked Wraith that we kill a lot of--kind of like Jaffa footsoldiers. And they call their mother ships "hive" ships. In the Rising Part 2, when they awoke, it showed them in honeycomb like spaces...

While humans are animal based, the Wraith are obviously insect based in their evolution, as proven in 38 Minutes.

What do you guys think?

As far as that Teyla thing, I don't know how the writers are going to explain that.

That works for me!
                Still Smiling,
                ^_^,ll..

Comment

nonse. Pollination isnt asexual, just think of them as Godzilla lol and how he or she or umm Ah i no what to call them heshe
                  Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
                  McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

But what about the official "Alien" Journals on the scifi website. In one of the journal entries, I think the first, the wraith refers to the keeper as "our lady the keeper..." I mourn her death...". He also refers to her as a she I think, so she is female according to him. The Journals do count right? I read another post on here that quoted one of the journals and no one said it didn't count.

Comment

Originally posted by Zelazny
                      I'm theorizing that they are like bees, but with some differences. They may have more than just the one queen to reproduce, but I think the Wraith start as "larvae" and don't surface until they are at a certain stage, almost adult. You sure don't see any young kid Wraith running around, atleast we haven't been shown anything like that yet... The bee thing kind of makes sense as we have seen the equivelant of "drones" in those masked Wraith that we kill a lot of--kind of like Jaffa footsoldiers. And they call their mother ships "hive" ships. In the Rising Part 2, when they awoke, it showed them in honeycomb like spaces...
                      While humans are animal based, the Wraith are obviously insect based in their evolution, as proven in 38 Minutes.
                      I'm rather inclined to agree with you Zelazny... it is my firm opinion that the Wraith are poised to be the pests of the Pegasus galaxy equivalent to insectoid species we've seen in other shows... Their transport ships are referred to as HIVE ships and the fighters are called DARTS... This would also explain why they are so numerous and why in spite of their less superior technology that they are still able to triumph over the Ancients.
                      Furthermore, the ability to reproduce does not necessarily mean that they corpulate in the same manner as humans. I can see the bee theory being a viable explanation. Unless the Wraith are hermaphrodites like the Hutts.
                      In fact as you correctly mentioned that there hasn't been any sign of Wraith children... which is doubly interesting as we haven't yet seen any sign of Ancient children either.
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Okay this is bit late to party but here goes. We have seen Wraith children who feed like normal children untill the become teenagers, so this leaves the door open for both eggs and more traditional human prenacy.

However is possable that you can be turned to a Wraith, as in the articule the wraith be they dead. (sorry if the quotes not totally) It likens Wraith to Vampires, so can you be turned?

Comment

about the boobs...... well i know that it was a female actress playing the wraith queen but still dam!!!!!!!! you know i think they serve 2 functions
                          well if wraith were real they would have boobs to obviously feed the infants or if its not for that i think its for turning on the wraith guys and a few humans.......

http://sgadebates.blogspot.com
                          stargatechat.zoomshare.com
                          http://lostpimp123.proboards98.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                            In fact as you correctly mentioned that there hasn't been any sign of Wraith children... which is doubly interesting as we haven't yet seen any sign of Ancient children either.
                            They are not going to hire kiddies to play wraith with full make-up if they really don't have to. The other reason maybe because they (children) stay in some kind of pupa like other bugs do until maturity, I mean if we go with the Wraith as just big human like bugs, the kids may not even look like humans.

Comment

Working...
                            X