Explanation of Lantean Stupidity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    But unless others who are technically savvy to do the hacking into those gates to manipulate them the way you think, are close enough to travel sublight wise, they wouldn't be able to get there to do said hacking.
    Which is where the telepathy/communication comes in. They can just communicate the fact that the stargates are out, which would alert the entire hive collective to what the game is and they'd all work together to figure out out.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      Which is where the telepathy/communication comes in. They can just communicate the fact that the stargates are out, which would alert the entire hive collective to what the game is and they'd all work together to figure out out.
      what would it matter if the whole hive ship was alerted to the fact the gates were a ticking time bomb? The whole point of the Attero device was to strand the wraith so they'd be easy pickens for the Lanteans.

Comment

You are assuming their telepathy would reach from star system to star system.
        Even in the S2-3 eps where they took that whole hive's worth of wraith who had michael's syrum used so they were 'human' (for a while at least), they still didn't have the telepathy to reach (iirc) into another star system.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhousden View Post
          what would it matter if the whole hive ship was alerted to the fact the gates were a ticking time bomb? The whole point of the Attero device was to strand the wraith so they'd be easy pickens for the Lanteans.
          i explained this earlier

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          You are assuming their telepathy would reach from star system to star system.
          Even in the S2-3 eps where they took that whole hive's worth of wraith who had michael's syrum used so they were 'human' (for a while at least), they still didn't have the telepathy to reach (iirc) into another star system.
          Even a simple subspace communicator would suffice, but iirc they did in fact attract a hive suggesting they can do so on interstellar distances.

Comment

i explained this earlier
            Just for argument's sake, tell me again?

Comment

Just for argument's sake, tell me again?
              At the same time that hyperspace is inaccessible, the stargates shut off even though the Ancients used them a lot. A single wraith near a stargate would be enough to figure out what's going on. They've hacked Stargates before, they can hack the Ancient's shutoff macro and reactivate the network. As human planets start blowing up left and right, the Ancients will have no choice but to shut it down.

Comment

At the same time that hyperspace is inaccessible, the stargates shut off even though the Ancients used them a lot. A single wraith near a stargate would be enough to figure out what's going on. They've hacked Stargates before, they can hack the Ancient's shutoff macro and reactivate the network. As human planets start blowing up left and right, the Ancients will have no choice but to shut it down.
                That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. The gate network wasn't offline. The Attero device created a subspace "noice" that leads to a buildup of energy in an active that causes it to blow up. There's no hacking a subspace signal to prevent this, that's why the Attero device was shut down and abandoned.

Comment

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. The gate network wasn't offline. The Attero device created a subspace "noice" that leads to a buildup of energy in an active that causes it to blow up. There's no hacking a subspace signal to prevent this, that's why the Attero device was shut down and abandoned.
                  this kind of bad reply is why you actually read threads, Bhousden. go back, reread from the start of the discussion and then add something meaningful.

(and i mean from the point *this* discussion started, not the entire thread)

Comment

Working...
                  X