Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pertaining to the Creation of the Ancient Language

Hello All,

I am so fascinated by the language used by the Alterans, the Ancients, the Lanteans, you know what I mean!

Well, it seems to me like the language never got even a skeleton together from the creators (too bad). Is that right? Has anyone created the Ancient language? All we have right now I think are snippets seen from the shows.

I'd like to start making the language, would anyone help with that? I know some Latin and would love to give a hand at making a new language out of passion for the Stargate universe.

What say you?

If no one else is currently trying to do this, then can we get started here soon?

Thanks!

Something to consider: there is a theory that the symbols on the Destiny gate are actually the Ancient alphabet.

Comment

Originally posted by tpn View Post
      Something to consider: there is a theory that the symbols on the Destiny gate are actually the Ancient alphabet.
      They're not. They seem to be factors used in equations (as show on the wall calculations).

The alphabet is the one from Atlantis.

But to answer the question: there are only a couple of words here and there, no actual language was constructed.

Comment

I liked the whole meeting of the 5 races in that one episode that I can't remember the name of, and the way they started to communicate with hydrogen atom. That was pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
        X