Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the Ascended interfere with SGA events?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the Ascended interfere with SGA events?

I've seen most of the seasons but missed some live and am going through the series to watch it whole once more. I'm at the "Grace Under Pressure" ep and I was wondering if the whale was an Ascended Ancient or one of the new Ascendees from "Epiphany" that have taken an interest in Shepard's people and decided that reincarnating as a whale for a time would be a pleasant new experience.

I read through the official threads and see that the whales have a further role so my idea is junk but then I moved on to wonder is there evidence in the series of the Ascended interfering?

Did any Wraith ascend?

We saw some people ascend in one of the episodes, but the ascended folk never interefered with SGA. And no wraith ever ascended.

I take that back. In one of the first season episodes, the one where the woman was alone on a planet with some people she was assigned to be a guardian for because of something she'd done as an ascended being in the long back past (sort of like Orlin in "Ascension", SG1), she blew up an entire fleet of wraith darts in order to protect Sheppard and crew in a jumper over that planet.

But that was the only incident of an ascended - former or otherwise - protecting anyone in SGA.

Comment

Would that one SG1 episode where Daniel Jackson talked to that one Acended Lady in Atlantis count?
      I like Sharky
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
        Would that one SG1 episode where Daniel Jackson talked to that one Acended Lady in Atlantis count?
        Yes it does IMO. Again though, what is with the super bright green writing that is so hard to read?

Comment

Originally posted by Energizer_Vs_ZPM View Post
          Yes it does IMO. Again though, what is with the super bright green writing that is so hard to read?
          Long story short... I LIKE IT!
          I like Sharky
          sigpic

Comment

Lol (I like white but I don't use it )

Though maybe you prefer this?

Comment

yes yes I do
              I like Sharky
              sigpic

Comment

lol

Comment

I should have remembered that since I saw it a few weeks back. She was John's love interest.

So the Ancient ascendee was Morgan le Fay who appears in SG1 "Pegasus Project" which I guess would be before the SGA "Irresistible" episode in season 3?

This means that the ascended ancients freely traveled between our galaxy and Pegasus.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    We saw some people ascend in one of the episodes, but the ascended folk never interefered with SGA. And no wraith ever ascended.

I take that back. In one of the first season episodes, the one where the woman was alone on a planet with some people she was assigned to be a guardian for because of something she'd done as an ascended being in the long back past (sort of like Orlin in "Ascension", SG1), she blew up an entire fleet of wraith darts in order to protect Sheppard and crew in a jumper over that planet.

But that was the only incident of an ascended - former or otherwise - protecting anyone in SGA.
                    Yeah, it seems as though the only instances when benevolent ascended beings interacted or interfered on our plane were when the beings themselves were rebelling against "the others". It could probably be argued that Oma Desala was interfering by guiding people towards ascension, which she did en masse for the population of Abydos.

Also, like you mentioned, Chaya Sar from SGA "Sanctuary" destroyed a Wraith dart pursuing the teams Puddle Jumper.

Then there were the cases of Orlin and Merlin, who both descended while retaining some of their ascended knowledge in order to help our people out. They made big sacrifices for doing that, but in a way I think it was interfering because they were using assets gained from ascension to alter the course of events on the corporeal plane.

Comment

Janus, though not ascended, saved Atlantis twice with his time-travel jumpers (heh..it would be funny if it was a jumper like a jacket or sweater that you put on to travel in time!) in Before I Sleep and Moebius. (He travelled to the future to record the events on King Arkhan's planet and might've been able to work out the multiverses so Atlantis survived the beginning of The Siege III in most of them.)

Also, when something of inexplicable cosmic importance happens, like the Pegasus Project gate surviving the last blast Carter & McKay believed would vaporise it, I wonder if Morgan or "The Others" gave us a small helping hand since we did the legwork. It would be like the theory that the Asgard High Council fixed K'Tau's sun once we gave it our all. The Asgard are around the tech level of unascended Ancients.

Comment

With all this interference talk, I have the same question Daniel never gave us the answers to after he descended: what exactly are the rules that govern being an Ascended being? For being people so demanding of non-interference, they sure seem to interfere a lot in SG-1 and SGA (can't remember if there was any in SGU, mayber Greer hallucinations about his dad?)? Gees.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X