This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    I only watch Warehouse 13 now, but if a new show catches my eye, I will watch it.
    It will probably anger Lythisrose but I plan to watch Defiance. Mostly because it comes from the guy who created Farscape
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      It will probably anger Lythisrose but I plan to watch Defiance. Mostly because it comes from the guy who created Farscape
      Are you gong to play it as well Jel?
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I'm not a video games person to be honest
        Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm not a video games person to be honest
          Fair enough.
          I wonder though, will it achieve the level of interaction they want *without* a global release time for the show? We get alot of series a few days later than you guys now, but what about other countries?
          Interesting.
          sigpic

Comment

Hmmm, might have to check it out then.
            sigpic

Comment

Hell if anything people should be more mad about the fact that some of the people from the reality shows are being included...
              sigpic

Comment

How are ratings even relevent in this. Farscape was never a huge ratings grabs but is still one of SciFi's most known show.
                I think ratings got mentioned because you said SG-1 was more poplar, but SGA had the highest ratings peak out of all 3 series (even a network high), and like lythisrose said, it did well for its entire run. You'd think they would care about that, but I suspect they didn't include Atlantis because of how bad a move it was to let it be cancelled (by whom? Now, that is the question... )

Originally posted by sueKay
                ...Does anyone even watch Syfy anymore?
                Sadly, no.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Lady Blue View Post
                  I think ratings got mentioned because you said SG-1 was more poplar, but SGA had the highest ratings peak out of all 3 series (even a network high), and like lythisrose said, it did well for its entire run. You'd think they would care about that, but I suspect they didn't include Atlantis because of how bad a move it was to let it be cancelled (by whom? Now, that is the question... )
                  That may be true but when you average them out SG1 had better stable ratings. Yes SGA's premiere die quite well but like all TV shows they declined after the premiere
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

That may be true but when you average them out SG1 had better stable ratings. Yes SGA's premiere die quite well but like all TV shows they declined after the premiere
                    I don't doubt that it did, and I think the ratings decline that happened to a point with SGA, unlike the abysmal "how low can it go" fall SGU took, was because of the decline in good writing for the show. I remember it getting to where I was tuning in because of the characters and the city and that was it. A missed opportunity...

Still, it should at least be mentioned as the first Stargate series original to Syfy. Oh well.

sigpic

Comment

No one but the fans care that it was the first Stargate series on SyFy
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

A better aproach would be to look at the Ratings for its time on Syfy (as an average)

SG-1 S6 = 1.69
                        SG-1 S7 = 1.77
                        SG-1 S8 = 2.07 SG-A S1 = 2.27
                        SG-1 S9 = 1.85 SG-A S2 = 1.86
                        SG-1 S10=1.39 SG-A S3 = 1.41
                        SG-A S4 = 1.15
                        SG-A S5 = 1.24
                        SG-U S1 = 1.3
                        SG-U S2 = 0.83

All that is obvious is that SGA re-ignited an interest in Stargate, but as time wore on they(SG-1 / SG-A) tracked pretty much the same. SGU produced a smaller re-ignition, but rapidly fell.
                        sigpic

Comment

I don't mind if anyone watches Defiance, it might be good! I just wanted them to include an actor or two from SGA.
                          sigpic

Comment

No one but the fans care that it was the first Stargate series on SyFy
                            No one but fans care about a Syfy 20th Anniversary Special either.

sigpic

Comment

Not true. SyFy cares about the special
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Personal opinion is irrelvent
                                I think the relevant point here is simple: "being human" is a re-made series and not an original one, wether it is done badly or not. Nothing to do with personal opinion. And I know there are many differences between the British version and the Syfy one.
                                sigpic
                                Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                                Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Working...
                                X