Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would have the SG-Atlantis expedition ended if it wasn't cancelled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest the reason why there is so many after just minutes apart is because I don't like the edit button and also don't like my replies get awfully long because that might scare newbies reading it at all. And I also don't like quoting either. I just assume that if someone visits a thread because he is interested then he reads every post not just the ones he likes or disagrees with or the ones that has his/her name quoted. The last reason is that in my current house the internet is so slow and bad that I am happy if I could post a reply or view my e-mails and such.
    By the way in an other thread of mine I suggested a semi-tragic end where Atlantis get to be destroyed by an impacting Wraith hive ship and the shield is not saving them this time because is depleted/disabled by Todd. Only Sheppard, McKay,Teyla and her family,clone Carson, Ronon, Zelenka and some Athosian survives in a couple of puddle jumpers.
    sigpicHallowed are the Ori.

Comment

Originally posted by Peterking72 View Post
      To be honest the reason why there is so many after just minutes apart is because I don't like the edit button and also don't like my replies get awfully long because that might scare newbies reading it at all. And I also don't like quoting either. I just assume that if someone visits a thread because he is interested then he reads every post not just the ones he likes or disagrees with or the ones that has his/her name quoted. The last reason is that in my current house the internet is so slow and bad that I am happy if I could post a reply or view my e-mails and such.
      I don't get a lot of time to be on this forum on certain days so if I've got a big back and forth thing going I sometimes don't read all the posts since often there's several separate sub discussions going on at the same time.

By the way in an other thread of mine I suggested a semi-tragic end where Atlantis get to be destroyed by an impacting Wraith hive ship and the shield is not saving them this time because is depleted/disabled by Todd. Only Sheppard, McKay,Teyla and her family,clone Carson, Ronon, Zelenka and some Athosian survives in a couple of puddle jumpers.
      Could work as a sort of irony that they came there to find the city but ended up causing it to be destroyed after it'd been forgotten for 10,000 years.

My main goal with any sort of ending though would be to dialback the superman syndrome that had infected Earth by showing that they could still lose and that they weren't just going to be able to one shot everything they saw with Asgard beams and 11th hour asspulled "ancient technology".

Despite the impression you'd get from watching the series Earth's space military is still very small and fragile with virtually no capacity to replace it's losses. You can even see how the series seems almost self conscious of this in the last episode because even though the Superhive engages and easily defeats 3 different 304s it isn't actually allowed to destroy any of them.

Much more sobering I think would be to have the Daedalus attempt to rendezvous with the Apollo and Sun Tzu only to find a debris field at the given coordinates, the remains of both ships, and the superhive still on course for Earth. If you really wanted to make the loss felt you could even have the three of them engage the Superhive at once with the Apollo and Daedalus both being destroyed. Then you could have the survivors picked up by the badly damaged Chinese ship with a completely green crew that's now terrified and demoralized because this was their first ever space battle, their captain was killed during it, they watched the two experienced American ships get swatted like flies, and their own ship is so shot up they're not even sure if it'll get them back to Earth.

Comment

I wish Stargate Alantis would still be running.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
          Asgard form Wraithlicators.

I like Sharky
          sigpic

Comment

Asgard form wraithlicator.jpg

Comment

Photoshop and a little free time.

Comment