Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

exactly how much smaller is a "dwarf galaxy" from a normal one like the milky way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exactly how much smaller is a "dwarf galaxy" from a normal one like the milky way?

in terms of mass and dimensions?
    Last edited by slimjim; 09 March 2012, 11:47 AM.

http://www.cliffsnotes.com/study_gui...eId-23570.html
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

You ask a lot of random questions...

I have heard in the past that a dwarf galaxy could be as small as 1/100 the size of our Milky Way
      sigpic

Comment

And isn't the Peg part of a group of dwarf galaxies?

As for content with the show,wouldn't it be eaiser for the wraith to travel to those galaxies then to ours?
        I like Sharky
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
          You ask a lot of random questions...

I have heard in the past that a dwarf galaxy could be as small as 1/100 the size of our Milky Way
          I think we're doing his homework for him
          no means no, and so does pepper spray
          Sig by The Carpenter
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post

As for content with the show,wouldn't it be eaiser for the wraith to travel to those galaxies then to ours?
            Probably. But Sheppard says that he's tried feeding Steve lower life-forms, but Steve will only feed off humans. It could be that Wraith are very selective and that without the guarantee of human lives in any other galaxy (and let's face it, if the Alterans haven't been there, it's unlikely that human/Lantean life will exist in another galaxy) it would be far too risky.
            Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

Originally posted by The Urban Spaceman View Post
              Probably. But Sheppard says that he's tried feeding Steve lower life-forms, but Steve will only feed off humans. It could be that Wraith are very selective and that without the guarantee of human lives in any other galaxy (and let's face it, if the Alterans haven't been there, it's unlikely that human/Lantean life will exist in another galaxy) it would be far too risky.

Oh don't be silly. Any crappy sci fi writer could find ways around that.
              I like Sharky
              sigpic

Comment

That's what I fear.

Comment

Working...
                X