Did the Wraith get less scary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
    Fear in and of itself is rational and does indeed follow one, simple rule: self preservation. However, it's how we deal with our fears that makes them rational or not. This will vary from person to person. Taking bears for example... You don't fear them, I do. However, neither of us will panic should we encounter one. The difference being is that you are more likely to be eaten by a bear one day, simply because your lack of fear does not provide you with a barrier between you and the bear. Good luck with that.
    I would say that the surroundings would matter more when it comes to likelihood.

Maybe I have given you the impression that I live in my head completely and don't pay attention to my surrondings but that's not the case. If I would walk arround in the woods and suddenly come across a feeling that something is wrong, of course I would pay attention to it and try to act accordingly.
    But up until that moment I'm not going to walk around in fear.
    My main reason for that is because I have some knowledge about how bears act and how to treat such a situation.

And yes, I'm well aware that knowledge could put me in the risk of beeing overconfident but to me the opposite, not possess the knowledge, would still be worse.

I do agree with you of what the use of fear is and it's not impossible that I have considered fear to be the same as panic (mind you, from what I have seen when it comes to the behaviour in some people it does seems to be the same thing) but I will still meet the scenarios differently.

Comment

Originally posted by The Urban Spaceman View Post
      Which one?
      Voodoo. From my knowledge the origin of the "zombie".

Comment

Its actually not even pronounced voo doo.
        I don't recall how its pronounced but I know that isn't right to call it Voo Doo.
        I like Sharky
        sigpic

Comment

I didn't notice a significant change in the Wraith's makeup as the series went on. I know the main actor for the male Wraiths changed at some point after season 1, but, except for looking a bit different, they were as creepy as ever to me for the first 3 seasons.

What eventually made them less terrifying to me was the writing. One of the scariest things about Wraiths to me was that after they fed on you the results were believed to be permanent. When the writing changed that, the Wraith became less scary to me.
          sigpic
          Sig by Luciana

Comment

For me the Wraith became less scary because they got a lot easier to kill. for example, the Wraith Queen from Rising and the Wraith from ' The Defiant One' who were both very hard to kill compared to the Wraith from season 5, who could be taken down with three or four shots.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gem of Tigress View Post
              For me the Wraith became less scary because they got a lot easier to kill. for example, the Wraith Queen from Rising and the Wraith from ' The Defiant One' who were both very hard to kill compared to the Wraith from season 5, who could be taken down with three or four shots.
              The same thing pretty much happened with the Goa'uld on SG1 too.
              I like Sharky
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X