No announcement yet.

Wishful Thinking ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i miss them aswell and i still think the franchise would have lasted longer if the writers had stuck with doing a couple more sg1 movies (which im most sad about as sg1 is my fav) and another season of atlantis.
    sigpic
    The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Like I say it's just wishful thinking and all you can do is hope for the future , But yea just wanted to share my thought with you lot.

For me it all went down hill after Atlantis finished, Don't get me wrong Universe was ok but for me every episode was the same they could of done so much more but they dragged it out , the show kept me watching because I thought something amazing was going to happen but it never did.

If they just kept the same story line as SG1 new planets new races and etc the show could of went on for a very long time but that seemed to fade a little mid way through Atlantis. It's just my view, Yes they wanted something different but what I just said is what made Stargate what it is/was today but they changed it so look where Universe is now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jadc View Post
        For me it all went down hill after Atlantis finished, Don't get me wrong Universe was ok but for me every episode was the same they could of done so much more but they dragged it out , the show kept me watching because I thought something amazing was going to happen but it never did.
        For me, the Atlantis finale (Enemy at the Gate) was the last great Stargate episode. I'm going to give Universe a go as I've found it on Netflix. However, from what I saw of "Air" back when it first aired... it was just boring. If they'd focused less on the character drama and more on the adventure, the show might have lasted longer.

Originally posted by Jadc View Post
        If they just kept the same story line as SG1 new planets new races and etc the show could of went on for a very long time but that seemed to fade a little mid way through Atlantis. It's just my view, Yes they wanted something different but what I just said is what made Stargate what it is/was today but they changed it so look where Universe is now.
        What would have made Universe stand out is focusing on survival more than exploration. The exploration could have revolved around the ship while stargate missions could have been about hunting and gathering. Instead of fighting aliens; they're hunting, gathering plants for the ship's garden, searching for clean water, gathering minerals for X purpose, and so on. People could get hurt, trapped, left behind, and so on; because there's no one to call on. They're on their own. The show did a few episodes like this, but it was like... what... five or so out of forty? In the first three episodes, the stargate was used all of... twice?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
          For me, the Atlantis finale (Enemy at the Gate) was the last great Stargate episode. I'm going to give Universe a go as I've found it on Netflix. However, from what I saw of "Air" back when it first aired... it was just boring. If they'd focused less on the character drama and more on the adventure, the show might have lasted longer.

What would have made Universe stand out is focusing on survival more than exploration. The exploration could have revolved around the ship while stargate missions could have been about hunting and gathering. Instead of fighting aliens; they're hunting, gathering plants for the ship's garden, searching for clean water, gathering minerals for X purpose, and so on. People could get hurt, trapped, left behind, and so on; because there's no one to call on. They're on their own. The show did a few episodes like this, but it was like... what... five or so out of forty? In the first three episodes, the stargate was used all of... twice?
          Basically you agree with me and put what I said into more erm lets just say ... formal hehe thanks but you knew what I mean't

Comment

Working...
          X