This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who was the most menacing threat?

Over the coarse of the series, who did you find to be the most menacing threat? The most obvious are the Wraith and Asurans; but there was also the Genii, the Goa'uld in "Critical Mass," and the Pegasus Asgard. The Wraith were always my favorite villains, I love how they came off as space vampires and their ships were like haunted houses in space. However, I found the Asurans to be the most menacing. In one year (mid-Season 3 to mid-Season 4), they did far more damage than all of the show's villains combined. How do you fight a people made of nanites who can be rebuilt when killed? To stop them, the entire Asuran population had to be exterminated in one strike. Now that's an enemy to fear, no?

Asurans...The Wraith would never have completely wiped out the human population of worlds (unless they were too technologically advanced to be allowed to live). Asurans were willing to kill everything.
    sigpic

Comment

PG asgard

Comment

Why do you cite them as the most menacing threat? Oh, right, the Attero device, I forgot about that. Now that has been destroyed, do you think they could still be a menacing threat to the Pegasus galaxy?

Comment

In season 1 I would have definitely picked the Wraith - they softened up too much later on.

But after 5 seasons, most menacing goes to the Asurans.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

For me, it's not that the Wraith softened up, but rather that the Daedalus and the Apollo leveled the playing field.

Comment

Kolya.

Comment

Oh yes Kolya. Big fat oprea singer..
                Gives me the whillies all the time.

J/K Koyla was a great villian on a personel level.
                I like Sharky
                sigpic

Comment

Kolya started as essentially a guy just following orders but he quickly turned the event into a grudge...

To be honest I hated the Genii a lot...They would have been so much better off as allies, but they were too friggin stupid to see reason.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                    Over the coarse of the series, who did you find to be the most menacing threat? The most obvious are the Wraith and Asurans; but there was also the Genii, the Goa'uld in "Critical Mass," and the Pegasus Asgard. The Wraith were always my favorite villains, I love how they came off as space vampires and their ships were like haunted houses in space. However, I found the Asurans to be the most menacing. In one year (mid-Season 3 to mid-Season 4), they did far more damage than all of the show's villains combined. How do you fight a people made of nanites who can be rebuilt when killed? To stop them, the entire Asuran population had to be exterminated in one strike. Now that's an enemy to fear, no?
                    I'm gonna go with season one Wraith. At first they didn't really know how to fight them, and they had the ARGs almost right off the bat to fight the replicators because that was an enemy the SGC knew.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                      For me, it's not that the Wraith softened up, but rather that the Daedalus and the Apollo leveled the playing field.
                      I think they softened up considerably, but the Apollo and the Daedalus definitely helped.

sigpic

Comment

I think that a good way to look at the Wraith softening up against the humans was because they were suffering massive losses....How many hive ships were destroyed in the course of the series? 20-30ish? That's a significant amount of the wraith population, even taking into account the clones.
                        sigpic

Comment

And they had a limited food supply because they were all awake at the same time, so there's that too.

sigpic

Comment

They used the same plot as they did with the Gou'ald.
                            Too much of a divide and conquer going on just with in the wraith ranks.
                            That and they Wraith never really produced a good regular bad guy leader to pull things together for them.
                            I like Sharky
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                              PG asgard
                              Definitely.

The genii were passive without Kolya and Sora, most of the wraith barely did anything (and some wouldn't have just gotten themselves killed doing whatever they were doing), the Asurans just wanted to destroy Atlantis (and it was Atlantis's dumb fault the went after humans--even then they weren't that bad, given it took Todd to point out what was going on), and Micheal, in all his plans, thought he was a Psychlo. None of them tortured people to blow up the whole galaxy because they couldn't figure out anything else to do in over the course of several thousand years.
                              Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Working...
                              X