Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally done with SG1, Atlantis starts tonight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    Lol...Mentioning Jayne and chain of command just begs the mention of "You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I beat you with until you know who is in command."

This is an awesome thread , just like watching the new episodes and discusing them all over again....ah, the good old days.
    Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      I want the numbers
      You got them when I first published them...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        You got them when I first published them...
        My memory of them at the moment is as bad as Linda
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          My memory of them at the moment is as bad as Linda
          Mmm... in that case... a refreshing of the memory is in order.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Suspicion was a very good episode. Who dunnit? (I admit, I was pretty sure the necklace would turn up at some point.) Kind of glad the Athrosians went to the mainland though. I was not looking forward to every episode with them getting in the way. I liked how it started off as a witch hunt, with Shepard being the voice of reason in the end.

Childhood's End, I didnt like very much. Too Shaka Zulu for me. Not a very original storyline. I kept expecting them to offer asylum to the leader, but it all worked out in the end.

Poisoning the Well, I enjoyed alot. I like episodes that push the lines of human morality. It was a tragic episode, but a very good story.

I know that this is only the first season, so comparing it to SG1 at this point isn't fair..However, it is better than the first season of SG1 up to this point.
            sigpic
            Check out my blog/forum! http://williamtelltale.blogspot.com/

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Comment

Originally posted by Phinguyver View Post
              Suspicion was a very good episode. Who dunnit? (I admit, I was pretty sure the necklace would turn up at some point.) Kind of glad the Athrosians went to the mainland though. I was not looking forward to every episode with them getting in the way. I liked how it started off as a witch hunt, with Shepard being the voice of reason in the end.

Childhood's End, I didnt like very much. Too Shaka Zulu for me. Not a very original storyline. I kept expecting them to offer asylum to the leader, but it all worked out in the end.

Poisoning the Well, I enjoyed alot. I like episodes that push the lines of human morality. It was a tragic episode, but a very good story.

I know that this is only the first season, so comparing it to SG1 at this point isn't fair..However, it is better than the first season of SG1 up to this point.
              I would say season 2 is where the show takes off, but I can't discuss why without spoiling the show...I'm sure others know what I'm talking about.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                I would say season 2 is where the show takes off, but I can't discuss why without spoiling the show...I'm sure others know what I'm talking about.
                Really? I think the best is just ahead for the poster with The Storm/The Eye coming up. I thought the second half of Season 1 was very strong (with one exception).

Comment

I forgot about those episodes, even when I saw it pretty recently =/...They are all kind of running together.

The end of season 1 and the beginning of season 2 is insane, though...
                  sigpic

Comment

Underground is the best episode so far. Colm Meaney played his character very well. I liked how he tried to double cross Sheppard, only to get double crossed by Sheppard himself about the ships. The whole double identity thing was very good. I was kind of expecting them to be wanting the weapons for use in a war vs one of their enemy continents, but SG1 already did that. I'm glad they didnt rehash that mini arc from SG1. I'm hoping to see that race in future conflicts.

Aside note: Did anyone catch it when Meaney said "Our planet was once part of a confederation of planets."

I thought that was cute because of Meaney being a TNG/DS9 cast member.
                    sigpic

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                      Really? I think the best is just ahead for the poster with The Storm/The Eye coming up. I thought the second half of Season 1 was very strong (with one exception).
                      Was the one exception 'Home?' That one was pretty weak in my opinion. Seemed like a re imagining of 'Watergate' in SG1.

Now, I am blown away with episodes, The Storm and Eye. I knew that McKay was playing possum with the repairs, and the whole coward thing was an act. His character is growing on me. Also, Sheppard's character grew by leaps and bounds in these episodes. Also, Ford and Beckett are getting more exposure as well. The series is coming together. And, Teyla has proven to be a total bad ass as well. Not Tealc, but still a very good character.

On a side note, I was really hoping to see the look on Cowen's face when the mission failed. Oh well, Stargate has been infamous for doing...or not doing that.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phinguyver View Post
                        Was the one exception 'Home?' That one was pretty weak in my opinion. Seemed like a re imagining of 'Watergate' in SG1.

Now, I am blown away with episodes, The Storm and Eye. I knew that McKay was playing possum with the repairs, and the whole coward thing was an act. His character is growing on me. Also, Sheppard's character grew by leaps and bounds in these episodes. Also, Ford and Beckett are getting more exposure as well. The series is coming together. And, Teyla has proven to be a total bad ass as well. Not Tealc, but still a very good character.

On a side note, I was really hoping to see the look on Cowen's face when the mission failed. Oh well, Stargate has been infamous for doing...or not doing that.
                        No, the exception wasn't Home. I don't want to tell you in case I influence you. I actually liked Home, but I haven't seen much SG-1 so I wouldn't notice the similarities.

The Storm and The Eye are FANTASTIC episodes! They used the whole cast and everyone was awesome.

Comment

Phinguyver - It is fun to watch you post after watching the episodes and seeing your impressions. Storm and Eye were two of my favorites as well... after reading what has been posted in this thread I'm probably in the minority, but I like Rodney's character, but even more I like Sheppard's and these were such good episodes for both of them. Looking forward to seeing your take on future episodes, several key ones in particular stick out in my mind and I can't wait to read about what you thought of them.
                          sigpic

Comment

@Phinguyver - I am also enjoying your watch of SGA. It is fun to see someone come to the show with fresh eyes, and not the jadedness that has set in with many of us over the years. I'd love it if there were brand new SGA eps to view and comment/snark on.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                              @Phinguyver - I am also enjoying your watch of SGA. It is fun to see someone come to the show with fresh eyes, and not the jadedness that has set in with many of us over the years. I'd love it if there were brand new SGA eps to view and comment/snark on.
                              *grinning* Me too! I'd love new SGA eps and the comment/snarking would be a blast.
                              sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys..Its fun. I'm doing the same on another forum with someone who is watching BSG for the first time, so I know what you guys are talking about.

Time to watch The Defiant One, and maybe another.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X