Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oberoth and "ascencers"

Such question...
    Undoubtedly, Niam and his followers were like "bur in the throat" for Oberoth. So why he tolerated them for 10 000 years and began repressions against them only after atlantians' visit? Was it simply coincidence or any causality?
    sigpic

I think Oberoth just brushed it off as wishful thinking on their part because he thought Atlantis and its kind were destroyed.When the team visited however he knew that this wishful thinking could be a reality if the ''faction'' got to Atlantis.
    Last edited by caribsci; 01 October 2011, 12:53 AM.

Comment

I would imagine they didn't become an actual threat to his plans until the conflict with Atlantis started.
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Here's one way to look at it. The Asurans who wanted to ascend didn't become a threat until Niam helped Dr. Weir and Sheppard's team save Atlantis from destruction. This culminated in the destruction of an entire Asuran city-ship of the same size and design as Atlantis. I would imagine that's what sparked the Asuran collective to crack down on those who were seeking ascension.

Comment

Exactly.
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
          X