Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the end game with regards to wraith needing to hibernate soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
    Course the problem there is no sensible species is going to choose cannibalizing its own kind over eating another species. Why should they lower themselves to that when they can just eat humans is how they'd see it. Human clones would probably be a lot more appealing though.
    If the choice is killing a wraith in a civil war or eating him they'll choose eating.

Comment

Why eat your own when the buffet is still open.
      I like Sharky
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
        Why eat your own when the buffet is still open.
        That buffet is drying up and what is left is tainted with Hoffan Drug.

Comment

As long as the sneeze guard aint that dirty....
          And I really think that the Hoffan Drug is something the Wraith should be able to overcome easily enough.
          I like Sharky
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
            If the choice is killing a wraith in a civil war or eating him they'll choose eating.
            I don't know about that. The Allies Queen/Wraith seemed unwilling to directly eat their own kind, wanting to turn them into humans first with Becket's retrovirus.

It's odd since apparently eating other Wraith makes them more powerful so their refusal to do it must be because they find it comparably repellent as we would the idea of eating humans.

Comment

I don't know about that. The Allies Queen/Wraith seemed unwilling to directly eat their own kind, wanting to turn them into humans first with Becket's retrovirus.

It's odd since apparently eating other Wraith makes them more powerful so their refusal to do it must be because they find it comparably repellent as we would the idea of eating humans.
              Or an extreme social taboo or something that causes potential health problems.
              Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Maybe if the Wraith only feed on other wraith it would start to affect their genetic makeup seeing as how the Wraith seemed to literaly be a "You are who you eat" type species.
                I like Sharky
                sigpic

Comment

Does the human race begin its golden age of future galactic colonization with a precedent of brutal genocide. What about the next species encountered that doesn't cooperate, or the one after that. Is that the sort of legacy humanity wants to carry into the future.
                  Well here on earth we have already genocide many species of animals in to extinction, just cause... So i see no big issue there.

Do Wraith seriously begin to explore alternate food sources, freeing them from their brutal and stagnant lives, and eventually begin to look at humans as distant cousins rather than a means to an end.?
                  Big thing there is as Todd said.. With their feeding on others(humans) being so big and engraved into their existence, if that is taken/removed then what do they become?

Don't get me wrong if they stop eating people, I have no issue with letting them be.
                  So if we encounter a race of beings that saw US eating pigs/cows/chickens/fish (insert race of choice here) as being anathema to existence, and demanded WE stopped or they would eradicate us, you would be happy with them doing so based on the same logic of your argument?

The wraith lack the ability to impose aggression on us.
                  With their penchant for cloning, live ships, viruses etc, i am sure they could engineer something that targets all of us..

You could end up with a situation where The MW galaxy is being invaded by a Wraith fleet who know where Earth is, and they have one of your ships and crews to study on the trip over. Seeing how fast they developed a countermeasure to the Asgard beaming tech having a full 304 and crew to pick apart before invading could spell some nasty surprises for Earth's defense fleet.
                  Heck with the knowledge probabily now flowing through their ranks of what a ZPM can do to a hive, i am sure they are making it priority #1 to find more to upgrade several hives.. Look at how easily 1 kicked our asses..

Negotiate an actual cure, such as hormone therapy and under supervision, have wraith voluntarily help. All others hibernate.
                  And what if they don't see their 'affliction' as something NEEDING to be cured?

And I really think that the Hoffan Drug is something the Wraith should be able to overcome easily enough.
                  Agreed. We have already seen how resourceful they are in engineering ways around things.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    Well here on earth we have already genocide many species of animals in to extinction, just cause... So i see no big issue there.
                    Wait but you also posted this

So if we encounter a race of beings that saw US eating pigs/cows/chickens/fish (insert race of choice here) as being anathema to existence, and demanded WE stopped or they would eradicate us, you would be happy with them doing so based on the same logic of your argument?
                    So is killing other species bad or isn't it. Or do you just see the Wraith as animals.

Big thing there is as Todd said.. With their feeding on others(humans) being so big and engraved into their existence, if that is taken/removed then what do they become?
                    Free.

That's exactly what I would have said to him.

Their entire existence is shackled to their feeding. Remove that and they can be and do whatever they want, as individuals and as a society.

With their penchant for cloning, live ships, viruses etc, i am sure they could engineer something that targets all of us..
                    This I wouldn't doubt. Trying to use bioweapons against a species who's entire tech base is biological based is a lot like challenging Mike Tyson to a boxing match. They could also contaminate pegasus with some sort of virus that kills people with the ancient gene or the treatment to mimic it for example, crippling the expedition's ability to use ancient tech. Better yet put an incubation period on it of a few weeks or months and it gets back to Earth through one of the supply trips and runs wild through the population there, drastically reducing or removing the entire species ability to ever use ancient tech again.

Heck with the knowledge probabily now flowing through their ranks of what a ZPM can do to a hive, i am sure they are making it priority #1 to find more to upgrade several hives.. Look at how easily 1 kicked our asses..
                    Todd never did say that all the people responsible for making the super hive turned on him. Nobody knows for sure if those 2 ZPMs he gave up were the last he had either.

And what if they don't see their 'affliction' as something NEEDING to be cured?
                    The ones that don't will be badly out competed by the ones that do. Like wiped out or conquered when they're sleeping and the non feeders aren't, because the non feeders no longer have to.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
                      Or an extreme social taboo or something that causes potential health problems.
                      maybe a prion disease

Comment

Wait but you also posted this

So is killing other species bad or isn't it. Or do you just see the Wraith as animals.
                        I posted the first part (about us genociding) things as a way to show we have a track record of it.

As to the latter.. To me us killing animals is akin to the wraith killing us. We both do it for food. So by our logic of exterminating the wraith as we don't want to be their food, we should then be ok with bulls, cows etc exterminating us for not wanting to be OUR food.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          I posted the first part (about us genociding) things as a way to show we have a track record of it.

As to the latter.. To me us killing animals is akin to the wraith killing us. We both do it for food. So by our logic of exterminating the wraith as we don't want to be their food, we should then be ok with bulls, cows etc exterminating us for not wanting to be OUR food.
                          Surely sentience is a factor
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Surely sentience is a factor
                            anthropomorphizing is not becoming

Comment

Working...
                            X