No announcement yet.

Did the chair have a ZPM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if there was a ZPM, then a better question is, why wasn't there a shield generator protecting it?

Note:Because the writers needed to have Atlantis rescue Earth is not a valid answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Kab View Post
      Well if there was a ZPM, then a better question is, why wasn't there a shield generator protecting it?

Note:Because the writers needed to have Atlantis rescue Earth is not a valid answer.
      I have the same question. The most important defense on the planet and not even a single shield generator.

Comment

Well if there was a ZPM, then a better question is, why wasn't there a shield generator protecting it?.
        that is a good question. kinda obvious in hindsight.

Comment

All the shield generators were broken?
          My videos
          My art
          sigpic

Comment

hahahahahaha
            "Go to hell!"

"Earth first!"

Comment

Do we even have shield generators of our own?

Comment

The Daedalus type ships have shield generators. And didn't Sam mention sometime in season 9/10 of SG-1 that she was working in a shielded room on the SGC base? I think that was sometime when she was transported to a parallel universe and that she only survived due to the shield surrounding the room.
                My videos
                My art
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser-89 View Post
                  The Daedalus type ships have shield generators. And didn't Sam mention sometime in season 9/10 of SG-1 that she was working in a shielded room on the SGC base? I think that was sometime when she was transported to a parallel universe and that she only survived due to the shield surrounding the room.
                  The Daedalus shields are asgard shields, I said do WE, us, our own, not asgard shields. Sam's shield could be ours, but I don't know for sure.

Comment

I think Sam's shield was a Tok'ra/Goa'Uld retrofit. (Based on that it looked liked it.)

But really, if Daedalus class ships have shield generators surely it's possible to throw one around Pentagon, or even around the room that the chair is in, you can even just put a Goa'Uld one around it, with a ZPM powering it it should be pretty powerful.

Comment

Did we ever note a shield generator at any of the outposts?? Well other than Proclarus taonas.. ??

Comment

This is EATG we're talking about people, they threw logic out the window and replaced it with a big bag of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
                          This is EATG we're talking about people, they threw logic out the window and replaced it with a big bag of stupidity.
                          Hey, renewable resource!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            Did we ever note a shield generator at any of the outposts?? Well other than Proclarus taonas.. ??
                            The outpost in Taonas was refereed to as a "dome" because of the shield that used to protect it, the outpost in Antartica was referred to as a dome as well and was said to be almost identical to the one on Taonas, it is therefore very probable that they also had a shield gen on earth. It was probably omitted for the plot, but it was also said that the chair platform was moved because the Russian and Chinese troops were moving in, they might have only taken the chair and power source and left everything else behind (including shield gen).

I do however agree that it is astonishing that their are no defenses on Area 51. No AA guns, no shielding... nothing! The place is filled with high tech stuff from transporters to Goauld ships yet no one thought of protecting it...?

Comment

Working...
                            X