This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asgard-VA
    It's also true that any member of an alliance should have something significant to provide to the rest of the group. Would the people of earth be ready in 2004 to become leaders in the galaxy or the universe. In real life they probably wouldn't. In SG-1, that's slightly more debatable since the SGC has a big honking battle cruiser, a small group of allies in the To'kra and rebel Jaffa, and a reputation for destroying big baddies and helping others.
    Well, the Tok'ra are no longer our allies and the rebel Jaffa have gone walkabout to find themselves. Moreover, the Prometheus may be tough - due to its Asgard shields - but it is neither big nor honking. It's about the size of a naval battlecruiser, where the Biliskner was something like ten times the size of the great pyramid and still dwarfed by the newer O'Neill class.

Moreover, given the help we've given against the Reps, if it was a matter of having a little muscle to lend, we'd be in like Flynn.
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, was it actually Thor who said that? I seem to remember it being 'random Asgard who was closest to Stargate when Jack came through'

I doubt this will happen, as the Alliance doesnt actually exist anymore. What is more likely is a new alliance between different species, such as Tau'ri, Jaffa etc. Which wouldn't be all bad. But not my preferred ending.

And any new alliance wouldn't even require the 'universal language', since all the aliens in the modern days speak English

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Loz
        Just out of curiosity, was it actually Thor who said that? I seem to remember it being 'random Asgard who was closest to Stargate when Jack came through'

I doubt this will happen, as the Alliance doesnt actually exist anymore. What is more likely is a new alliance between different species, such as Tau'ri, Jaffa etc. Which wouldn't be all bad. But not my preferred ending.

And any new alliance wouldn't even require the 'universal language', since all the aliens in the modern days speak English
        it was just some random asgard, they werent expecting him to come through so it would be just whoever happened to be there

i agree that the alliance will probably be between the younger races. its kinda like Babylon 5 if any of you watched that. you had the ancient races (Vorlons, shadows, the other ones that showed up at the end of the Shadow war) and you had the younger races (humans, minbari, narn, centuri,etc.) i think that the asgard will fade away, the ancients are already gone, now dont want to have anything to do with the universe and who knows where the furlings are, the asgard will probably stick around long enough to help us finish the goa'uld or atleast knock them back to the point where they are equal in power to the rest of the races and then will leave it up to us to control our own fates

Comment

Working...
        X