This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lord Loz
    Then maybe its your standards that are wrong and not the writers performances
    You're right. Silly me. I got so used to the high quality of the earlier season of SG-1 that I'm having a hard time adjusting to lower standards.

On topic: I still hope that the Wraith are a serious threat (not comical and cliched as most of the goa'uld have, IMO, turned out to be) and not one easily defeated.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
      the dont look very cute and furry to me
      how can a species be taken seriously with a name like furlings..

i highly doubt the wraith have any connection to the ancients other than they were enemies.. mayb territorial issues caused the fight but more likely the "feeding" thing got outta hand.

Comment

Furlings?
        "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Nine foot tall killing machines, I tells ya. Just you wait.
          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

well i doubt that could happen, considering that the ancient hologram said that they found a strong enemy that was sleeping.

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
              Thanks. I've not read the book - I'll rectify that.

Just checked it out on Amazon - the SF Masterclass paperback has an excellent cover!
              If what you say about the cover is true, then there's one book you can judge by its cover. I enjoyed it many years ago. The Omega Man didn't do it justice. Many movies are often a letdown when you've read the book first.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

OK...I just had a brain storm in Wraith Theory....

The Wraith are NOT the all powerful ememy who defeated the Ancients. The is a formidable and frightening enemy that the Ancients encountered and were fighting for ther very existance with. Almost evenly matched that enemy resorted to biological warfare as a means to elimate Ancients and reducing the risk to itself by avoiding physical battles. Thus they developed and unleashed a deadly virus. The same virus that inflicted the Ancient woman found in the ice by SG1. With no way to cure themselves or escape the virus they focused on the only way for their race to survive and that is it ascend. Now how does one ascend? This is where the Wraith come in. We all know that they have the supernatural abilitly to extract a life force from its body and life force is just energy, right?? The Wraith were originally a race of benign creature who live on that planet with the energy flucuations where the SGA team thought they returned to earth although at that time they were not just energy but physical beings with bodies (I will call them energy beings). OK...with me still? Working with the Ancients (via the experiments we know that they were conducting epi - hide and seek) they developed a way to channel the Ancients life force into an energy state and thus escaping their virus infected bodies. Only the virus did not affect the energy beings in the same way it affected humans by killing them. It drove them insane and made them evil and into the Wraiths that we see today with that same ability of harvesting the life force from humans, but instead of passing/conducting it along into the ascended plane that absorb it into themselves to strengthen their own lives. THe engery beings on that planet were the ones that escaped the virus by transferring their life force to an energy state. The Ancients that had not had a chance to ascend and were not affected by the virus could only flee back to earth or hide out in the Pegasus Galaxy. The real mean enemy went off to recover and strengthen as it was severly decimated by the Ancients and figured that the Ancients would be too busy dealing with the wraith who were now after them. focus Now if this theory works it could mean several interesting things...

1. The energy beings on that planet are related to the Wraiths.
                2. There is a even greater enemy out there building up strength again (by now probably already has)after being decimated by the Ancients.
                3. An antivirus might be possible to get the Wraith on our side when the real meanies enter the picture.
                4. There may be a way to reach or contact the Ascended plain so we could communicate with the ancients and perhaps get Dr. Jacksons clothes back for him.
                5. Wraith are related to the energy beings so Zats are useless. That is why the Ancients don't have any.
                6. Also answers the question of what did the Wraith eat before Humans. Nothing. They were the energy beings did not exist in Wraith form until they were affected by the virus that killed the humans and forced them to ascend.
                7. Why are there so many humans in the Pegasus galaxy if they all ascended or returned to earth? Because the real enemy was decimated took off to recover one they realized that the Ancients would be destroyed by the Wraith only the Humans did not have a chance to ascend before the energy beings transformed into Wraith were forced to hide out in Pegasus because Atlantis was sunk and the Gate not accessable.

I think I am thinking to much now....what other questions are there?

Comment

Just though of another interesting dilemma to go with the post above...
                  .Spolier
                  SPOILER Highlight below to read...

We promised that we would never return to that planet with the energy beings....hmmmmm

Comment

Working...
                  X