Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the thing about the show that most made you watch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like most people I was into SG1 first. It took me a bit of time to get used to Atlantis, just because it was different to SG1. But I stayed with it and in a few days I preferred it over SG1.

I love the humor, the characters and the action which keeps my very short attention span. Although I watch about 5 episodes a day so I'm getting used to the length. But I guess what I really love about it is the story lines. What got me into Stargate in the first place (apart from Anubis with fire power) was to help me write my own science fiction but because I soon got bored with that I felt watching a 45 minute show was less straining on my brain.

I should give an honorable mention to Dr Rodney McKay, aka. best character for a show ever. Sheppard comes second...and Zelenka. OK so I like most of the main cast.
    My post for Gate World: An Autistic's take on Sci-Fi

Comment

-wraiths
      -team, i just thought they had such a good chemistry in S1 with all those interesting and believable characters (but they had to get rid of Ford, Beckett and Weir)
      -humour
      -adventure of a new galaxy and a city
      -cut away from earth
      Blue is such a nice color, especially if you have wings.

Comment

1. The way the Team works so well together
        2. The humour is perfect
        3. The Wraith
        4. The Genii, but only because I love to hate them

Comment

1. The Wraith
          2. Humour
          3. The city
          sigpic

Comment

i watched to see the city of atlantis explored and like sg1 for the team dynamic.
            sigpic
            The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Beckett
              sigpic

Comment

When it first came on, I watched it because it was Stargate. And kept watching it because of, well, it's Stargate.
                There is always one.

Comment

For me it was :

The City – I am one that grew up thinking I could find Atlantis…and researched the legend for my whole teen years and beyond

The amazing chemistry – It seemed to just pour out of the screen when the show was on. They were honestly a family.

Interactions between Shep/Rodney

Interactions between Ronon/Shep

Amazing secondary characters like Zelenka, Lorne, and the favorite doctor.. Carson

Potential – that sadly seemed to get wasted
                  This isn't about love. This is about revenge....

Comment

*Exploring a new galaxy
                    *All the new technology/ships/etc.
                    *The interaction/banter between characters
                    Towards the end...
                    *Keeping track of how many Lantean battleships they lost b/c they used them to fight with before they were ready for battle.
                    sigpic

Comment

The idea of travelling through Stargates, the characters (Beckett!!), the city of Atlantis, the theme (Yeah, I loved the opening theme!).

Although, I was quite impressed by the fans' devotion to the Show... It remained me the Whovians so I thought 'It must be as great Doctor Who then!'. And I was right. :-)
                      sigpic

Comment

Sheppard

Actually, there were a lot of reasons, I agree with several that have already been listed. But mainly, because it *worked* and it was fun, and it keep me hooked and wanting more.
                        sigpic

Comment

Fell in love with Elizabeth first. Then fell in love with everyone else, especially John and Rodney (they're my 3 musketeers of Atlantis).

The city, the humor, the bond between the characters. The large group of secondary characters fleshed the scene out in a beautiful way.

And I'm an unrepentant John/Elizabeth shipper.

Comment

All of the above

But mainly the fact that the characters had depth (a rare thing in television) and were credible in an incredible environment.
                            I saw enough of cardboard characters in Tv shows to feel the difference, even if I can't put the finger on it.
                            sigpic

Comment

yeah, everything was said/written already.

I don't know why I like Stargate so much. I think it is because I can dream about different worlds *sigh*

First of all I was really suspicious of SGA, because SG1 was/is really really great. One day my boyfriend said: Let's watch SG1 and SGA [marathon ].
                              Well since then I love SGA
                              Lost in space ...

Comment

Working...
                              X