This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis Viewing Question

I'm a big fan of SGU and am in the middle of the 3rd SG-1 season but have not watched Atlantis before. I really want to watch it as well but before I do, I want to ask if I need to finish SG-1 first or if the storyline is separate enough that i don't?

Thanks,
    GateWorld Newbie,
    Schank

you can jump right in, but I suggest you watch SG1 season 7 first to understand it better...

Comment

Well there isnt much crossover between the episdes except for the first two episodes of season 8 happen before atlantis season 1. but you can watch it as its own.

Comment

Don't expect much.
        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by schank View Post
          I'm a big fan of SGU and am in the middle of the 3rd SG-1 season but have not watched Atlantis before. I really want to watch it as well but before I do, I want to ask if I need to finish SG-1 first or if the storyline is separate enough that i don't?
          I would say just finish SG-1 all the way through the second movie. The shows are separate enough. Have fun! Note that Season 8 is the big pay off with the war against the Goa'uld.

Comment

get to at least season 7 of SG-1 first, I'd say, since that's the big buildup and reasoning for desperately finding and wanting to go to the lost city of the ancients, otherwise known as Atlantis.
            sigpic
            "Operation this-will-most-likely-end-badly is a go" ~Lt Col John Sheppard

Comment

Originally posted by schank View Post

Thanks,
              GateWorld Newbie,
              Schank
              Like someone else said, you can just jump right in. I did.

If you really want to watch something SG-1 related before watching SGA, then watch the season 7 finale, The Lost City parts 1 and 2, and that'll do the trick, but it's not necessary.

I think they've tried to start each series in such a way where you don't need to see what came before it. And for me, that worked. You don't need to see the original Stargate movie with Kurt Russell and James Spader in order to understand SG-1, and you don't need to see SG-1 in order to understand and quickly get into SGA, and you don't need to see SGA to look at what came next.

I hope this helps.

Cheers.
              Last edited by Atlantis4Life; 08 December 2010, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X