Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, tried looking for it but I can't locate it anymore. It's been too long ago. I do remember it was a question about how the Athosians were being portrayed.

HOLD YOUR HORSES...

I was going through the John/Elizabeth thread by way of the search function as I vaguely remembered mentioning it there, and lo and behold I find it again.

It was a comment about Kanaan and I apparently had an entire discussion about it with Jo Graham too. And yes, it was a polite one.

Here be the post...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Okay, tried looking for it but I can't locate it anymore. It's been too long ago. I do remember it was a question about how the Athosians were being portrayed.

HOLD YOUR HORSES...

I was going through the John/Elizabeth thread by way of the search function as I vaguely remembered mentioning it there, and lo and behold I find it again.

It was a comment about Kanaan and I apparently had an entire discussion about it with Jo Graham too. And yes, it was a polite one.

Here be the post...
      Hmmm yes I see your point......but then again I found the Teyla in Legacy to be simply not the Teyla from the television show (utterly detestable, heck I'm surprised they didn't go the whole hog and rename her Mary-Sue Emmagen) so I suppose it sort of fits.

Anyway, great bit of detective work there!.

And for the good of your blood pressure may I heartily recommend you NEVER actually read the legacy books...but if you ever do you must promise to post your reaction so we can all be be entertained, sorry, commiserate

Comment

Originally posted by Arica15 View Post
        And for the good of your blood pressure may I heartily recommend you NEVER actually read the legacy books...but if you ever do you must promise to post your reaction so we can all be be entertained, sorry, commiserate

If I find them for free I might... just to entertain you. Heck, I've probably done crazier stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Nope -- I didn't like the premise, nor how the authors (or at least some of them) saw the characters, or interpreted the characters. I did read one fic by one of the authors and ran as far away in the opposite direction as my virtual legs could carry me.
          sorry, is it possible to somehow get the link to this fic? I am cautiously curious about Legacy series but don't think it's something for me. On the other hand one may be wrong and prejudiced and miss something real cool.

PS What happened to the furry animal on Kate's shoulder? (I liked that one )

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Guinevere View Post
            sorry, is it possible to somehow get the link to this fic?
            I'm sorry, I didn't keep it and I'm no longer familiar with Jo's fanfic author name either. I think it was a John/Teyla fic but I really can't be sure. I do remember it mention Kate Heightmeyer so I could try to find it that way. Not many fics written with her as one of the main character.

PS What happened to the furry animal on Kate's shoulder? (I liked that one )
            She's still sitting there.

Or do you mean my avvie? I'm currently showing off the gifts I got from GW secret santa. The lemming will be back.

Comment

it's cool, thank you! I like fics with Heightmeyer as well, and I prefer her with Teyla, but they are very very few.

Comment

I like fics with Heightmeyer as well, and I prefer her with Teyla, but they are very very few.
                Very few indeed...

If you like, stop on by here --> Kate/Teyla (friend)Ship discussion/appreciation thread

Comment

Has anyone read the novella yet? I've not had chance unfortunately.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                    Has anyone read the novella yet? I've not had chance unfortunately.
                    I purchased it from Amazon* but haven't read it yet.

*$3.99 for a eNovella -- when an entire Stargate eBook is generally $4.99. I think they're pressing their luck with this high a price point for a novella-length story.

Last year's Permafrost was only $1.99 when I picked it up. It later increased to $2.99, but even that's more reasonable for an eNovella than just a dollar below the cost of a full-length Stargate eBook.

Comment

Supposedly the novellas will be collected at some point but who knows. That's the only reason I point the over priced ebook version. Sucks being a stargate completionist! Lol

Comment

I finished reading Lost Queen at the weekend. Really enjoyed it. It was quite interesting to see an entire Stargate story from another POV than the team's.

I'd like to see some more things a bit different - a new spin-off, for example.
                        sigpic

Comment

Like a book-only SG team, with original characters?

Comment

Yeah. Exactly.
                            sigpic

Comment

I asked Fandemonium if they had any plans/schedule regarding a print version of the Lost Queen … they seem to think there might not be any demand for a slim volume of this nature. What do you guys think? Would you buy a print version of this novella? How much would you be prepared to pay … or would you rather it was published as part of a collection? Why not email Fandy & give them your thoughts, as they seem to be interested in what we think …

[email protected]

Comment

I was under the impression they'd said they'd release volumes of the enovellas.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X