• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SO, The Third Path is The Final Book of The Legecy Series

Comment

Got it!

Comment

Damn. Waiting for it to come out in print.
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Well due to a sprained ankle I've managed to read The Third Path.

Definitely a mixed bag with this one. On the plus side I really enjoyed the plot line set on Atlantis, it was a good pay off to the set up in the first book and I thought that the writers wrote Lorne, Beckett and Zelenka fantastically.

The sub plot with the Vanir was also far more interesting and well done than I initially thought it was going to be, though I thought the solution was a little easy for my liking.

I was also pleased that Teyla was written far better in this book than I thought she had been in any of the other Legacy novels (also the shipping has been dropped, which I was pleased about as I really didn't feel it worked)

Now the not so plus side.

The Ronan plot. I found it boring and distracting from the other story lines, I was especially disappointed as I had actually really enjoyed everything else they had done with Ronan up until this book.

Disappointed that after all the great set up in Unascended Weir's character somehow ended up feeling a little incidental and lost in among all the other plots. I liked how they wrote her, it just seemed that she should have been more of a focus for the whole story

The Wraith. On the plus side Todd sounded like himself for the first time in the legacy series.....on the down side the Wraith felt like they were simply shoe horned in when the story was already full, I think its time to give the Wraith a bit of a rest if there are any more Legacy books.

And as for the other little lost lamb plot twist.....I honestly can't decide if I thought it was great or if I hated it.

In summary The Third Path was like the rest of the Legacy series for me, some really great concepts and ideas, as well as some really well written individual plot lines, but just not quite working as a whole. I'm glad I read the series, and I would probably read more if they wrote any additional books.
          Last edited by Arica15; 20 July 2015, 05:12 AM.

Comment

I'm not seeing this on Barnes and Noble yet, unfortunately.

Comment

It apparently takes awhile for Barnes & Noble to get their act together and put thiese books out for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Arica15 View Post
                Well due to a sprained ankle I've managed to read The Third Path.

Definitely a mixed bag with this one. On the plus side I really enjoyed the plot line set on Atlantis, it was a good pay off to the set up in the first book and I thought that the writers wrote Lorne, Beckett and Zelenka fantastically.

The sub plot with the Vanir was also far more interesting and well done than I initially thought it was going to be, though I thought the solution was a little easy for my liking.

I was also pleased that Teyla was written far better in this book than I thought she had been in any of the other Legacy novels (also the shipping has been dropped, which I was pleased about as I really didn't feel it worked)

Now the not so plus side.

The Ronan plot. I found it boring and distracting from the other story lines, I was especially disappointed as I had actually really enjoyed everything else they had done with Ronan up until this book.

Disappointed that after all the great set up in Unascended Weir's character somehow ended up feeling a little incidental and lost in among all the other plots. I liked how they wrote her, it just seemed that she should have been more of a focus for the whole story

The Wraith. On the plus side Todd sounded like himself for the first time in the legacy series.....on the down side the Wraith felt like they were simply shoe horned in when the story was already full, I think its time to give the Wraith a bit of a rest if there are any more Legacy books.

And as for the other little lost lamb plot twist.....I honestly can't decide if I thought it was great or if I hated it.

In summary The Third Path was like the rest of the Legacy series for me, some really great concepts and ideas, as well as some really well written individual plot lines, but just not quite working as a whole. I'm glad I read the series, and I would probably read more if they wrote any additional books.
                This needs to be put in spoilers, since many of us have not read the book yet.

Comment

The Third Path is now available on Barnes & Noble.

Comment

Noooo! I want my printed book!!

From Fandemonion order page …

"Online order system

Dear Stargate fans - We regret to announce that we have to close our online ordering system for the next 12 weeks due to our sole member of staff in the US office being on medical leave.

We plan to re-open the online store around the first week of September.

Paperback editions of our books are still available for order from Amazon.com, and ebook editions are of course available from Amazon[US|UK|DE|FR], Crossroad Press and many other online ebook retailers.

Please bear with us during this hiatus, and thank you for the enthusiasm, interest and support you have shown to Fandemonium Books and Stargate Novels over the years."

Hope the staff member makes a speedy recovery & Amazon get hold of some hard copies!

Comment

I only buy the ebooks now because it's cheaper and my bookcases might actually collapse if I add more books to them

My thoughts on The Third Path

Spoiler:
                      While I did enjoy this book, I feel it's the weakest instalment in the series. It felt more like a single episode, rather than a two-parter like the rest did. I found the storyline with the plastic eating organism to be pretty boring, as was the storyline with Ronon and the botanists. They both felt unnecessary given the other angles that could have had more focus, like Wolf, and Elizabeth's reintegration to Lantean life which was more or less overlooked. They really dropped the ball with the Vanir as well, and the whole thing felt like a bit of a wasted opportunity. A bit of a disappointment to be honest.

I really hope they do commission more books in the series because this really wasn't the send-off Legacy needed.
                      sigpic
                      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I've finally finished the book today and was pretty disappointed, sorry.

Spoiler:
                        During the first 6 books of the series nearly everyone was mentioned and involved into the main story. Book 7 came up aaaaaaaand... well... the Vanir? Okay, could have been interesting, but "The 3rd Path" proofed, that everything can be ruined, if you give it a try. And the authors tried hard and won... maybe, this main story was to complex to be pressed into 2 single books, could have won more depth when they'd got one or two more books to spread it, but in this format it was... unsatisfying.

Oh, and the Wolf! Yessss... the next thing that made me dislike this particular book. Was that really necessary? Really? Some things should be buried and forgotten. Not everyone has to return, I think.

And the Wraith-thing... Alabaster and Guide as prompters while dealing with the Travellers. Ember working on a dubious scientific problem. Yes. Everyone distrusts the Wraith. Nobody would expect that!

This last book of the series was really... disappointing. My opinion. I hope, there will be more books with more chances that will be used and not wasted. This book made me sad, truly.

Comment

We maybe getting more Legacy books. I was Tweeting Fandy about how the lady friend is now addicted to Legacy and they replied: "Woohoo! She's got 7 more Legacy books to enjoy ... and possibly more to come! Watch this space for more news!"

https://twitter.com/StargateNovels/s...96630049964034
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Does Sam Carter makes an appearance in "The third path"?

Comment

@Nerwen

Spoiler:
                              No, sorry

I wish she had been.

@Elite Anubis Guard - Fingers crossed!!
                              sigpic
                              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                                We maybe getting more Legacy books. I was Tweeting Fandy about how the lady friend is now addicted to Legacy and they replied: "Woohoo! She's got 7 more Legacy books to enjoy ... and possibly more to come! Watch this space for more news!"

https://twitter.com/StargateNovels/s...96630049964034

AAAAHHH!!! I hope so! I loved the Legacy books and hope they can continue more of the series as long as they do not run out of ideas. I need more SGA books in my life. Stargate books period for that matter. As I am sure everyone does.

Comment

Working...
                                X