This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColonelBumface View Post
    Would somebody give me the bigbiggerbiggest kind of like huge major spoiler about the Wraith in the novels, please? How does it "end" for them? I am intrigued in reading the books, but to be perfectly honest: I don't want to spend money and time on the novels, if there's no happy end (like there was none in "Enemy at the Gate"). So, that would be pretty kind. But please only a spoiler of the end. I'd like to explore the rest by myself, if I like the end.
    The first six books pretty much cover the end story of the Wraith....

Spoiler:
    The wraith are basically split into two camps, one group led by Todd and his queen work with Atlantis to develop a serum that makes it so when the wraith feed on humans, it doesn't kill them. This works, and together they defeat the other wraith that just want to feed on the humans and enslave them as they have for thousands of years. So as of the sixth book, there is an alliance whit the wraith. There are still bad wraith out there, but they are scattered.

Over simplified and brief, but I think it was a good ending for their story.

Comment

*need something to reeeeeeeead!*

Comment

Is this series good?

I've been thinking of looking into all of the SGA books but my library only has the first two of this one.

sigpic
        Coming January 2017

Comment

If you like the Wraith-issue the Legacy-novels are great.

Comment

So, is the Legacy series actually continuing? I'm definitely going to read them, but there's no info on their site about future releases, and there's only one Universe book, which makes it look like they've stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Indeed. View Post
              So, is the Legacy series actually continuing? I'm definitely going to read them, but there's no info on their site about future releases, and there's only one Universe book, which makes it look like they've stopped.
              There are supposed to be at least 2-3 new Legacy books, the first coming out sometime this year (there's an 8th in the works). There are also several more SG1 books due to be released over the next couple of years.

There won't be anymore SGU books. I don't know why, but have read on Stargate Novels' FB page that there will be no more.

Comment

They don't have the rights to do universe novels.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  There are supposed to be at least 2-3 new Legacy books, the first coming out sometime this year (there's an 8th in the works). There are also several more SG1 books due to be released over the next couple of years.

There won't be anymore SGU books. I don't know why, but have read on Stargate Novels' FB page that there will be no more.
                  Thanks for the info! I'm glad they're still in business. I'm definitely interested in more SG-1.

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
                  They don't have the rights to do universe novels.
                  Oh, so they had the rights and lost them? Or they didn't have them to begin with? Doesn't really matter to me since I haven't watched Universe, but it did seem odd.

Comment

As far as I remember there's only one additional Legacy book due out.

Here's this year's schedule:

STARGATE SG-1: Murder at the SGC – Amy Griswold
                    Cameron Mitchell and his team investigate a mysterious death at Stargate Command.
                    Available Spring 2015
                    STARGATE SG-1: Kahli’s Wrath – Keith DeCandido
                    When SG-1 get into trouble, Master Bra’tac and Jacob Carter team up to come to their aid.
                    Available Spring 2015
                    STARGATE ATLANTIS: The Third Path (Legacy Series book 8) – Jo Graham & Melissa Scott
                    The final instalment of the gripping Legacy series.
                    Available Summer 2015
                    STARGATE SG-1: Exile (Apocalypse Series book 2) – Sally Malcolm & Laura Harper
                    SG-1 comes to terms with the shocking revelation at the end of STARGATE SG-1: Hostile Ground.
                    Available Summer 2015
                    STARGATE -1: My Enemy’s Enemy – Diana Dru Botsford
                    Colonel Carter begins her first tour of duty as commander of the Hammond.
                    Available Summer 2015
                    STARGATE ATLANTIS: The Lost Queen (novella) – Melissa Scott
                    A Wraith hive searching for their missing queen stumbled upon Colonel Shepherd’s gate team.
                    Available Fall 2015
                    STARGATE: Travelers’ Tales (volume 2)
                    Our second collection of STARGATE SG-1 and STARGATE ATLANTIS short stories.
                    Available Fall 2015

My Enemy’s Enemy appears to be the start of a post-season 10 SG1 series. The Apocalypse Series seems to be a bit of an AU trilogy that they're doing with SG1 too.

As for Universe, all the series are separate licenses. Sounds like there isn't enough interest in SGU books for them to justify the costs. Which is a shame.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Thx for that list! That's great!

Comment

Well finally got around to Unascended.

Not bad, I still hate John/Teyla and generally loathe the way Teyla is being written but the overall story worked well and apart from Teyla I thought the writers really caught the rest of the characters voices.

I thought the plot for finding Weir was good though if their not careful the alien virus which shreds all petroleum based synthetics plot is going to start reading like an episode of Benny Hill.....especially if fabrics start to disintegrate (which I'm sure they implied was happening)......

Comment

sga book.jpg

Woohoo!

http://jo-graham.livejournal.com/303215.html

Comment

Already ordered for my kindle - can't wait to start the thingy tomorrow ^^

Comment

Check your Sources. They have had the rights to do universe novels worldwide since 2009.

Comment

Well, one of the "Sources" is Sally Malcolm, who is in charge of Fandemonium/Stargate Novels.

Comment

Working...
                                X